Yerbamate (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Yerbamate

Yerbamate is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Reviews of Yerbamate

Yerbamate is a very nice and complex fragrance with sweet and musky green start, woody and floral mid and finally musky earthy base.

At the opening I can smell a sweet green herbal scent with some floral notes in the background.
The sweetness is warm and very sensual that beside warmth and and sweet smell it has some sort of powdery feeling. this sweet feeling remind me of soil sugar's smell and taste but in powdery form not solid small cube shape! there's small amount of musk beside this powdery sweetness as well but not too much.
For unknown reason this powdery green and slightly floral opening gives the scent a well known aura of iris (at least to my nose!) which is very nice.

In the mid that green feeling settles down and sweetness amps up a little bit. now some woods joining in. the woody smell is bitter and dry with soft peppery aspect that gives the scent a really nice masculine kick.
The powdery feeling and soft floral notes still kicking in this part and you can feel them.

In the base I get a semi sweet musky, soft woody and slightly earthy smell that is completely close to the skin and hard to detect.
Projection is above average and longevity is around 5 hours on my skin but after 3 hours it sticks to the skin and even yourself can barely smell it.
08th April, 2015
For its first few minutes, I find Yerbamate dizzying and irresistible. It's lemony and tea-ish, soapy and musky, and all taking place in a weird sort of hyper-sweetened vetiver and abstract leafy greens. It's ridiculously strong, with a weird sharpness to it. And that's where it loses me.

At an old job I had, the building manager used to buy concentrated bathroom cleaner that was supposed to be diluted before use, but he never bothered to dilute it, so whenever he cleaned up, the whole building was shrouded in nose-piercing chemical fumes that smelled like a pleasant clean green smell, but way too sharp and harshly soapy, which also served to amplify the sweetness into something saccharine. It should have smelled good, but it was just unbearable.

That's what Yerbamate reminds me of. A pleasant, almost pretty smell so laden with sweet chemical sharpness and drowned in soapy chemicals that it becomes unpleasant.
03rd March, 2015
I love yerbamate its my second favorite villoresi. Smells like green powdery turkish delight candy. Quitedifferent from other villoresi perfumes. More one dimentional and quite linear. Not such a journey. But pleasant and I would say unisex but only just - more feminine side of unisex. Smells like canoe by dana to me
17th July, 2014
Genre: Green

Given the polarized views that Yerbamate seems to generate here, I was hardly sure what to expect of it. As it happens, expectations were irrelevant: Yerbamate would have confounded them no matter what they'd been.

Yerbamate goes on green and herbal, almost harsh, with just a hint of spicy sweetness in the background to keep the greens from getting out of hand. The herbal notes assimilate quickly, revealing some incense beneath. The tea and mate surface soon after, blending with the incense to create a very beautiful, yet austere accord that marks the heart of Yerbamate. The smoky note observed by some reviewers seems very faint to me - almost a soft shadow of the tea. The tea and mate volley back and forth between woods, incense and a very light powder in a long, slow drydown whose character changes, sometimes abruptly, until it finally fades.

This fragrance utterly transcends the typical green scent experience. It is complicated, surprising, and more than a little bit mysterious. I'm not sure why some find it so offensive. Maybe it's just baffling, or maybe it responds inconsistently with different skin types. At any rate, I encourage everyone to give it at least a try.
09th July, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening shows the tea and mate note very well, and the mate grows stronger. The greenness with the galbanum and labdanum impression in the drydown add to an overall freshness, that has reminiscences of a nice gin on my skin. Longevity around three hours. A fairly unique scent and is totally enjoyable.
11th February, 2013
Quite powdery overlay on a refreshing greeness. I find myself wanting more green and less -- much less -- powder. It opens with a very fresh and inviting green, rich in complexity, but soon gives way to the powder. It is reminiscent of LV Musk in its powderiness. It is just not my style. I rate neutral because I know that there are people who like this kind of sweetness. I give it two out of fives stars.
01st December, 2012

Add your review of Yerbamate

Shop for Yerbamate products online

Search Amazon for Yerbamate

Member images of Yerbamate

There are no member images of Yerbamate yet. Why not be the first?