Acqua di Colonia (1996)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Acqua di Colonia

Acqua di Colonia is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1996 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Acqua di Colonia fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Colonia

This is a simple and yet beautiful classic type of scent with bitter green and fresh/clean floral start and powdery musky base.

At the beginning I can smell a fresh bergamot with slightly tart and bitter feeling plus lots of neroli.
The bergamot note here is mostly based on it's peel and it's bitterness and you can smell just a sparkle of it's fruit that gives the scent tart and fresh feeling. believe me or not, I can even taste the bitterness of it's peel inside my mouth when I'm smelling it which is so awesome!
Neroli with it's clean, green, soapy, bitter and floral aura just adds more fresh and natural feeling to the scent. very lovely opening.

As time passes bergamot settles down and neroli gets slightly weaker and at same time I can smell some sweetness from musk in the background and a mellow powdery feel that gives the scent an elegant feel.
Projection is average and after about half an hour below average and longevity is around 3 hours on my skin.
Nice quality scent from the brand
15th April, 2015
AlHamr Show all reviews
Villoresi Acqua di Colonia

Bright, classical citrus opening. Then lavender starts to show. Mid dry-down becomes somewhat floral and very reminiscent of Czech & Speake Neroli with the soapiness accentuated by the rosemary, which becomes more and more prominent and fades progressively into a soapy, herbal musk. This stage may be a little too close to Cif powder for my liking but makes for an engaging whole.

Another Eau de Cologne with a bit more to say. I’m tempted by the herbal character, but won’t buy unless it grows on me more as its distinctiveness only really shows itself towards the end of its evolution. For the fresh, dirty floral facet of its character I already have C&S Neroli.

Edit: scratch that, the herby character, and particularly the rosemary, have me hooked. I'm in!
11th February, 2013 (last edited: 08th May, 2013)
This scent transforms itself mightily from a start that is just too much citrus for me to an interesting and inviting herbal musk blended with more subdued citrus. Would that there were more wood in the opening, I would really enjoy AdC all the way through (sorry for this). As it is, it is just too lemony and candyish in its early stages, though it is undeniably high quality.

This may be an example of a fine attempt that falls short because it tries to be unisex. Please make scents for the guys and scents for the gals, but spare us from trying to please both.

I give it 3 stars out of 5. Neutral to a mild positive.
06th November, 2012 (last edited: 16th November, 2012)

AdC is a very nice citrus accord. I smell the citrus (bergamot and lemon) in the opening note that also includes lavender. The lemon is the more dominant note here, and it is a very refreshing fragrance.

These top notes merge into the spices of the middle notes - clove, neroli and sage. I can tell the middle notes are herbs, but I am not too familiar with the notes to pick them out of the lineup on my own.

I find the base notes to show up at times and not show up at times. On more exposed skin, the base notes tend to be nonexistent, but from time to time I could get a hint of the white musk.

I am not sure who sells AdC in the US anymore. I had to get a sample from Italy from the Villoresi store, but I know that I will eventually buy a whole bottle soon. It’s a great fragrance for warmer weather.
30th July, 2012
BayKAT Show all reviews
I just (this spring) started trying citrus aromatics, so i'm not quite sure yet how to interpret them.

Herbs in place of florals is new to me, and on my skin type these tend to 'sit', like a plane that can't take off.

The strongest note i get is citrus wiht a hint of lavendar. Since i just got back from a lavendar festival i know i love this note, but in a sachet, not on my skin. This is a little too heavy for me.

I'm also not used to a 'weak' base; i.e, one missing patchouli, sandalwood, amber, etc. Soley musk and herbs tneds to wear light on me.

The jury is still out on aromatics; I'm not taking to them the way i did chypres, so this may not be my genre. But overall this is a scent i am glad to have tried, it is not off putting and the notes are well blended. For it's genre I suspect this is up there in quality, so I recommend to those who are interested.
30th June, 2010
From reading the reviews, I wondered if this LV offering would bring anything unique and special to the world of classic EDCs. It does. Certainly different than the Guerlain offerings (e.g., Imperiale, Eau de Cologne du Coq) or Acqua di Parma Colonia. How? To put it simply, the mix of citrus and herbs is unique here. In LVs version, the herbal notes are much more pronounced relative to the citrus. It is bracing and clean, with a musky drydown. Definitely worthy of consideration when looking for a classic EDC.
17th January, 2010

Add your review of Acqua di Colonia

Shop for Acqua di Colonia products online

Search Amazon for Acqua di Colonia

Member images of Acqua di Colonia

There are no member images of Acqua di Colonia yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Acqua di Colonia