Musk (1995)

Year of Launch1995

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Musk

Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1995 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of Musk

This is a beautiful fragrance, dominated by musk and rose. None of the main notes are very strong, and there are other notes as well. All in all it is well blended and the rose-musk combo melts perfectly in human skin. I imagine this fragrance on a beautiful woman although it is labeled unisex.
18th October, 2014
Only incidentally a musk

This is like the kissing cousin of a musk scent. If you buy this because you love musks you may be in for a surprise (as was I). A lemony combination of rose and geranium and powder is the main show here with a strange musk of indeterminate type showing up about half way through. Oddly, I hate rose scents, but I don't mind this at all, which I'm guessing has to do with the leavening, undercutting effect of the geranium. This scent is sprightly and refreshing (even with its generous dollop of powder) and so typically feminine-smelling that I would LOVE to smell it on a man--just for the piquant juxtaposition of rosey sweetness on a male body.

I quite like this perfume, but I don't think of it as a musk, and neither should you--if you want to enjoy it.

Pros: Sweetly aromatic
Cons: short end of the musk stick"

03rd October, 2013
Rose musk

I think it is a heavy floral scent with medium muskyness, and some slight spicyness to it. Musk is the name of the fragrance, but in my opinion "Rose Musk" would be more appropiate. In the drydown the vanilla and amber is more dominant, giving the composition some sweetness. It is more on the feminine side, but I can imagine wearing this for a romantic evening, or a day when I am in a bright, poetic mood. I think Lorenzo Villoresi blended this in a more traditional manner. Sample before buy. I like it.

Pros: Great quality
Cons: A little too feminine"

28th July, 2013
It arrives with a statement that is far too powdery, floral, and sweet for me. However it evolves to something more woody and slightly pungent that is interesting and mysterious -- and thankfully less flowery. In some ways it is evocative of a woman's perfume of some decades ago. A lady might enjoy this and I might enjoy her for wearing it, but not on me.

I have to say that whether you like any particular scent, LV is always interesting and innovative... and worth checking out.
03rd November, 2012
bokaba Show all reviews
While Villoresi's Musk is far from what most would consider a musky fragrance, one must examine the sheer artistry and quality of ingredients. The opening and considerable parts of the heart are a soft yet persistent natural (and very expensive) Bulgarian rose absolute sharpened by galbanum and a slight spicy/earthy/fougere accord from the geranium. After about a half of an hour, the marvelous musk/oakmoss/sandalwood base emerges and lingers for some time. The base is not "musky," but rather powdery with wisps of tonquin musk.

Musk is a soft, yet substantial fragrance. Another reviewer compares it to the rich velvety fragrances of the 18th Century, but I think it is more in line with the rich, unctuous scents of Arabie popular in Victorian Europe at the end of the 19th Century like Hammam Bouquet. The strong rose accord could make this scent verge on the feminine, but it is not overly so. I do not smell the harsh synthetic accords of which other reviewers speak. The luxurious quality is beyond reproach. Bulgarian Rose Absolute tends to have a metallic property, which is what other may be detecting.
15th November, 2009 (last edited: 12th March, 2015)
In one word : GHASTLY.

As unfortunate as it does sound, this is the only Villoresi scent I truly detest. Unbelievably synthetic from the get-go, It almost chokes me in a vice grip of very intensely done powdery accords, which otherwise would've been enjoyable had then been less synthetic. A complete synth bomb from top to bottom.

20th August, 2009

Add your review of Musk

Shop for Musk products online

Search Amazon for Musk

Member images of Musk

There are no member images of Musk yet. Why not be the first?