Average Rating: 4

Musk Fragrance Notes

Musk information

Musk is a unisex fragrance by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1995

Reviews of Musk

Showing 1 to 6 of 24 reviews.

farang's avatar

Thailand Thailand

This is a beautiful fragrance, dominated by musk and rose. None of the main notes are very strong, and there are other notes as well. All in all it is well blended and the rose-musk combo melts perfectly in human skin. I imagine this fragrance on a beautiful woman although it is labeled unisex.

18th October, 2014

Starblind's avatar

Only incidentally a musk

This is like the kissing cousin of a musk scent. If you buy this because you love musks you may be in for a surprise (as was I). A lemony combination of rose and geranium and powder is the main show here with a strange musk of indeterminate type showing up about half way through. Oddly, I hate rose scents, but I don't mind this at all, which I'm guessing has to do with the leavening, undercutting effect of the geranium. This scent is sprightly and refreshing (even with its generous dollop of powder) and so typically feminine-smelling that I would LOVE to smell it on a man--just for the piquant juxtaposition of rosey sweetness on a male body.

I quite like this perfume, but I don't think of it as a musk, and neither should you--if you want to enjoy it.

Pros: Sweetly aromatic
    Cons: short end of the musk stick"

03rd October, 2013

heiver's avatar

Rose musk

I think it is a heavy floral scent with medium muskyness, and some slight spicyness to it. Musk is the name of the fragrance, but in my opinion "Rose Musk" would be more appropiate. In the drydown the vanilla and amber is more dominant, giving the composition some sweetness. It is more on the feminine side, but I can imagine wearing this for a romantic evening, or a day when I am in a bright, poetic mood. I think Lorenzo Villoresi blended this in a more traditional manner. Sample before buy. I like it.

Pros: Great quality
    Cons: A little too feminine"

28th July, 2013

Noblesse Oblige's avatar

It arrives with a statement that is far too powdery, floral, and sweet for me. However it evolves to something more woody and slightly pungent that is interesting and mysterious -- and thankfully less flowery. In some ways it is evocative of a woman's perfume of some decades ago. A lady might enjoy this and I might enjoy her for wearing it, but not on me.

I have to say that whether you like any particular scent, LV is always interesting and innovative... and worth checking out.

03rd November, 2012

bokaba's avatar

A big rose, another big rose, and then some light laundry detergentesque musk. Far too feminine of a floral for a man to consider wearing. There's some vanilla sweetening the rose here, thus it is not the natural, dry rose of Acqua di Parma, but rather a rose potpourri.

15th November, 2009

Amit's avatar

India India

In one word : GHASTLY.

As unfortunate as it does sound, this is the only Villoresi scent I truly detest. Unbelievably synthetic from the get-go, It almost chokes me in a vice grip of very intensely done powdery accords, which otherwise would've been enjoyable had then been less synthetic. A complete synth bomb from top to bottom.

20th August, 2009