Aramis Life (2003)

Year of Launch2003

HouseAramis
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Aramis Life

Promoted by tennis legend Andre Agassi and it will be aimed at 25 -40 year olds. The bottle is deep blue ridged glass with a polished silver spray on top
Launched worldwide in September 2003

Aramis Life fragrance notes

Reviews of Aramis Life

Thin and weak

[CENTER][/CENTER]At free a weak lime-kumquat opening, a minty coriander note develops with a twinge of cucumber. Later a peasant olive note appers and dominates the base, my favourite phase in the scent's development. A smidgeon of a wood note transiently appears at the end. Poor silage and projection with three hours of longevity on my skin.

30th August, 2013
Aramis Life – An “unknown”, underrated, and a great value…

Aramis Life is clean and fresh fragrance with a “whisper” of spice. Just this morning, I compared the scent to a just showered smell (almost “soapy” – but a good “soapy”). The more reviews I write, it seems that I am fonder of the “clean” fragrances that are “easy on the nose”. My initial reaction to the cologne is that it is somewhere between CK Free, Intense Euphoria, and Diesel (Original Fuel for Life).

My reviews generally consider the following characteristics: price/value, appeal/smell, "wow factor" (compliments), longevity, uniqueness, best time of year worn or occasion, and easy on the nose (and the bottle is easy on the eyes).

Life has a pleasant aroma and is appealing without being overwhelming to co-workers or your significant other. Given the price/value, it is even more appealing with large bottles less than $30.00 and small bottles dipping below $20.00. It is noteworthy that I have not received compliments from the opposite sex while wearing – a deduction in the “wow factor”… Regarding longevity, Life is not as good as some, but better than most. The standard I use is applying a moderate amount prior to work in the morning and periodically “testing” the wrist area during the day. Ideally, good cologne will still be present at the end of an 8-10 hour workday. While faint, Life remains present at the end of the day…

I give Aramis Life a score of 4.4 stars, out of 5. I cannot score Life higher than my some of my favorites, i.e. Diesel (Only the Brave), Versace Pour Homme, and Polo Blue. I would, however, label it as a “best kept secret” and one to add to your collection based on the value and longevity.

25th January, 2013
O my word!! I was given this for Christmas, NO, NO NO there is something in the fragrance or shall I say stink that resemble either sweat like said before or cat urine.
22nd January, 2013
shamu1 Show all reviews
Not bad, but boring. I bought this because I thought it would be a bright, sharp green scent, based on the cucumber and violet leaves that are supposedly in this, but no go.

I don't smell any green fresh notes whatsoever. I smell an interesting creamy fruity note in here (kumquat?), which is interesting, but there's nothing else in here to make this an interesting scent. This is a sweet, bland fragrance, that smells mainly like the kumquat on top of boring powdery tonka bean. In the drydown, I can smell some glimpses of a sharp wood note, but it's just cedar. Big deal.

It's pleasant, but that's all I can really say about Aramis Life. I'm disappointed with this fragrance.

MY RATING: 6/10
09th July, 2012
Does anyone remember Lauder Metropolis? Back in the 80's it was Estée Lauder's first attempt to create and market a more-expensive Aqua Velva. It was a wonderful fragrance that failed in part because it was a restrained old-school chypre in an era of powerhouse fougères, and in no small part because of a dubious marketing campaign featuring Liza Minelli.

With Aramis Life it seems that Estée Lauder have come full circle. Another Aqua Velva clone with an ill-advised ad campaign featuring a marginally-popular celibrity, only this time time it was tennis star André Agassi. The worst thing about the packaging and marketing is that this is really not a sports fragrance. Aramis Life is becoming increasingly difficult to find and I'm beginning to wonder if it too has been discontinued.

As for the fragrance, I have to admit that I really like it. It's a classic minty chypre but it's been modernized with a hint of aquatic notes and cucumber on the top, and some cedar to complement the oakmoss on the bottom. There is a level of depth, complexity and sense of purpose to this fragrance that sets it apart from the vast majority of the fresh/aquatic/sport fragrances that have flooded the market in recent years. It is surprisingly classy, sophisticated and versatile.
06th June, 2012
This has to be the generic ripoff of all generic ripoffs. No personality, no sillage, no staying power. Even has the audacity to turn a little rancid on your skin after a while.
31st May, 2012

Add your review of Aramis Life

Shop for Aramis Life products online

Shop for Aramis Life at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aramis Life

Member images of Aramis Life

There are no member images of Aramis Life yet. Why not be the first?