FCUK Him (2003)

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 93 ratings

FCUK Him Fragrance Notes

FCUK Him information

The first French Connection fragrance by Zirh/Shiseido. Partnered with the feminine, FCUK Her and advertised with the slogan "Scent to bed".

Shop for FCUK Him products online

Reviews of FCUK Him

Showing 1 to 6 of 35 reviews.

timdoeswell's avatar

FCUK Him is, without fail, one of the most vile male EDTs I have ever smelled. With no disrespect to my fellow reviewers intended, I cannot fathom how this fragrance can be described as 'soapy'. Perhaps it may smell like the very cheapest hand soap in a public bathroom, but even saying that is being generous.

The 'bug spray' and hospital-grade 'chemical' comparisons are getting close to describing this offensive, synthetic mess, but I feel are still too kind. It really does seem like something you would find in the bottom of a cleaner's storeroom (I'm not just being critical of the fragrance - it really does smell like an old cleaning product).

I'll give it credit for its longevity - a typical lavender fragrance usually has a lower lifespan than this, however in the case of this juice, a longer life only prolongs the misery. The bottle is cheap also - it is prone to falling over if slightly nudged, and the sprayer is unpredictable at best.

This is one stifling example of where 'inexpensive' most certainly does mean 'cheap'.

16 November, 2012

kierroo's avatar

Scotland Scotland

Smelled quite nice when first applied , really modern and young but it only last near 2-3 hours on my skin so no one to buy in my opinion.

23 April, 2011

chet31's avatar

A nice light powdery scent that I like more than many "typical" dept store scents, but fades fast on my skin. As one poster mentioned, might work well in the gym bag. Thumbs up on scent, but lack of sillage is an issue.

20th April, 2011

Shifty Bat's avatar

Fascinating. The lavender of Hypnose, the vanilla and airy not-leather of John Varvatos, the spicy, smoky green heart of Fever for Men by Celine. A sweet and strange soapy-metal bubblegum. This reminds me of everything. The smoker's version of shower fresh

06 April, 2011

man114's avatar

Found a bottle of this that I'd never worn, after noticing some horrible reviews I put a sprtiz on my wrist. Then eventually decided to wear it to work. The initial blast of this is awful. It smells not unlike bugspray. Harsh, green, fruity I'm sure this turns off a lot of people. I'm sure it sparked a lot of the bad reviews.

If you can tolerate it for a couple of minutes the middle and drydown isn't too horrible at all, actually I find it rather pleasant. A little of the green peppercorns is still noticable, some tea leaves, vanilla and a bit of woods. I don't notice the patchouli in the drydown at all and I'm approaching 9 hours when its approaching its last legs and is mostly a skin scent.

A lot of fragrances are known for their drydown. Usually the top notes are tolerable. I don't think I can get used to these here, the top notes are just like bugspray. Too green, too sweet and too off putting. I enjoy the drydown but the most this will ever earn in my book is a neutral due to the top notes. I think many reviews have been harsh, you really have to ignore the top even if you hate it. If you go washing it off you won't notice the whole progression. IMHO it is one of the most fascinating switches from almost intolerable to fairly good in its progression in anything I've sampled.

It isn't expensive. After 10-20 minutes or so it isn't bad either. Once the top wears off it is fairly benign, kind of reminds me of a less sweet Stetson Black thereafter with a little bit of crispness to balance the mix so it doesn't become overly sweet and cloying. If you want something from FCUK the original Unisex stuff was a million times better balanced (and IMHO is a manly scent regardless of how it was marketed). At $15 if you make it past 10 minutes you're left with a decent scent, but it never is anything you'd consider a masterpiece. I don't see anything powdery about the top notes but to each their own. Those complaining about green smelling are more on the money there are too many things that can smell green up front IMHO. Longevity is a matter of skin chemistry. I got a good three hours out of it before it started to fade, at about 6 it was almost totally a skin scent. I didn't use much due to the top notes, but perhaps better longevity could have been achieved through greater application.

01st March, 2011

Force of One's avatar

Before I started learning more about fragrance, this was my scent of choice for a year or so, in no small part to it being a favorite of my girl at the time (she described it as "sex in a bottle"). I have to say, I too, found it pleasing, in a rather metallic-synthetic sort of way. Perhaps it's just bad memories of her or the fact that I have encountered many others that I favor much more but this will only be a fragrance historical footnote for me. My 1/3 full bottle was lost somewhere in the move from my old place to my present one, and I can't say I've had the inclination to replace it.

I suppose if one was looking for a less expensive scent just to mix things up, you could do far worse.....but I would not consider this one a must-try by any means.

18 June, 2010

• Time Left: 7 days
    FCUK 3 him By French Connection Men Cologne 100 ml EDT 3.4 oz New In Box
    • Time Left: 17 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    FCUK Him ~ French Connection Men's Cologne EDT 3.4oz. (FREE SHIPPING)
    • Time Left: 29 days
    • Time Left: 12 days
    FCUK Him 3.4 Oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men by FRENCH CONNECTION
    • Time Left: 7 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    FCUK HIM 1 OZ EDT /98% FULL LOT# BARELY USED AND GREAT PRICE!
    • Time Left: 18 days