Alessandro Dell'Acqua Man (2004)
    by Alessandro Dell'Acqua

Alessandro Dell'Acqua Man Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Alessandro Dell'Acqua Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

El Fantástico's avatar
    El Fantástico
    Kiribati Kiribati

An interesting failure. The opening is like a soapy version of Orange Sanguine. There's a lot of weird floral stuff going on after that. I like how ambitious it is, I just don't get what it's supposed to be.

28 June, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

This fragrance conjures at me an horrible, luckily brief, time of my life and over this sphere i feel the tentation to thumbs it down. Over a second and different olfactory path i have to admit that this scent smells good. Alessandro dell'Acqua Man is a warm, spicy and rosey complex aquatic, pleasantly synthetic and with a captivating musk on the base. It starts with a blend of citrus, grapefruit and marine notes and in the following stages warms up due to a bunch of flowers producing a smooth rosey feel, due to a cool and slightly bitter-pungent cardamom and to a velvety woodsy base. A rosey, slightly balmy and velvety musky aquatic with a persistent lukewarm projection.

23 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 January, 2014)

felony88's avatar
    felony88

nightcutter summed it up well. lots of flowers.super cool bottle.this one makes the 1-2 week lasting power of le male seem like a joke.i smell this on my skin for 2 weeks,and on clothes for 3.a bottle should last for 30 years! i really like this one,but cannot use it because it will cancel out any other scent for at least a month!

30th July, 2011

koala501's avatar
    koala501

I'm still not sure on this one.

I get a strong lemon/grapefruit at the opening which stays pretty constant and the dry down into the cardamom and hint of sandalwood. There is a bitterness mixed in there as well and it smells like a museli bar I used to eat when I lived in the UK. Not a bad thing though! It lasts about 3-4 hours on me.

I don't know at what occasion I'll wear this again. I think maybe casual and it'll work well in spring and a cooler summer from what I've just experienced.

Interesting for me but nothing great. I can't see it getting a lot of attention on me but I'll see how it goes and report back.

Neutral for now.

19 February, 2011

nightcutter's avatar
    nightcutter

I think this is really nice.

I've had a bottle for about 4 years now. I don't use it that often as I've other I prefer.
    But Dell'Aqua is great for breezy summer evenings - when I where it most - and cool summer days

I'm not sure how to describe it. It makes me think of honey or 'gold' for some reason.

It's a warm variant of Cool Water with (to my nose anyway) rose.

My bottle is a tester and the spiel on the back says:

TOP-
    Crystalline/citrus/marine
    grapefruit
    bergamot
    lemon
    mandarin
    orange blossom
    pineapple
    sea breeze living (heh heh)
    marigold egypt LMR

wood mysore
    cashmere
    wood
    musk

The new Beckham Signature Story Men has a lot in common with this. But A'dell'A is better!

11th July, 2010

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

This has a fresh, floral, slightly citrus opening. "Fresh" in the ozonic sense of the word. The scent is somewhat sweet, bland and generic in character. I don't get any spice or wood notes. The sweetness gets quite tiresome and synthetic in character. There is an oddly metallic and tangy note in the drydown which is unpleasant.

24 May, 2010