Vetyver Lanvin (new) (2003)
by Lanvin

PerfumerFrançois Robert
SupplierSynarome
PackagingPascal Mourgue
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Vetyver Lanvin (new)

A modern interpretation of the sixties' Vetyver Lanvin, which was discontinued in the nineties. The new version was created by the same oil house as the original -- but is housed in the modern oval shaped bottle of Lanvin L'Homme.
The plan was originally to relaunch the sixties version, but its pure essence of vetiver root was found to be to 'of its time' and not suited to a contemporary audience.

Vetyver Lanvin (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetyver Lanvin (new)

bejahu Show all reviews
If you are looking for a vetiver-dominant fragrance, look elsewhere. This is an aquatic green fragrance with a strong synthetic vibe. It doesn't smell particularly good nor does it last long. I, for the life of me, cannot detect any vetiver in it whatsoever. This one is a definite pass for me.
16th March, 2016
Yes, it does have the sharp green of a vetiver scent, but boy is it ever chemical-y...second only to Insense Ultramarine (eau de nail polish and hair spray). I have enough respectable vetiver scents, and even decent drugstore-level green scents, to let this one go.
16th May, 2010
brrrry Show all reviews
I picked this up at the Maxx for 9.99. Being a Vetiver note lover I thought I had made an awesome purchase. Boy, was I mistaken. I don't regret the blind purchase. At 9.99 I'll continue to make them. I'm not rich but the thrill of the hunt is worth ten bucks every now and then.

I don't agree with the consensus of the reviews below. This is really bad. The vetiver is very hard to discern. I have to keep smelling the back of my hand and remind myself that there is supposed to be vetiver there somewhere. Every few sniffs I'll get something kind of green that I guess some could call vetiver. But seriously, this is too much work for a note that is so easy to discover. This is not a vetiver frag. This is a green/fresh aquatic. Nothing more. I don't have a problem with a lighter, softer vetiver in a frag and sometimes find it a nice break from the strapping vetivers out there. However, when the frag has the word "Vetyver" in the title it needs to deliver. I have smelled several department store designer frags with a stronger vetiver note in the base. This isn't worth the time, trouble, or the ten bucks I paid for it. There are too many other frags out there, vetiver or not, that deserve to be worn before this one. Straight to the swap thread it goes.
12th March, 2010
About as wispy and wimpy as a fragrance can get. I put it on, and a minute later I smell nothing at all. Fleeting and gossamer as a dandelion tuft in the wind.
02nd March, 2010
Thoroughly dull sports-y fresh mall fragrance for the masses that has nothing to recommend it whatsoever other than it being one more inoffensive and blandly masculine juice in a sea of others. And nary a trace of vetiver (sorry, "vetyver") to be found. What on earth is Lanvin trying to achieve here? This marque needs help.
11th February, 2010
Ahh, vetiver. A root problem for many reviewers it seems, pun intended. There appears to be some confusion surrounding Lanvin's updated (butchered?) version of its '60s original particularly in comparison to its more illustrious counterpart from Guerlain. Is there or is there not 'vetiver' in this one? If you're looking for the 'musty, earthy' notes commonly associated with vetiver root you won't find it here. Lanvin's vetiver is much softer and greener, quite easily missed. The difference could be due to the nature of the raw vetiver or the derived vetiver oil post disillation. Whatever it was, it makes for a quieter scent that wears closer to your skin. Perhaps it won't find fans among sillage lovers but I rather like its understated elegance.
09th September, 2009

Add your review of Vetyver Lanvin (new)

Shop for Vetyver Lanvin (new) products online

Shop for Vetyver Lanvin (new) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vetyver Lanvin (new)

Member images of Vetyver Lanvin (new)

There are no member images of Vetyver Lanvin (new) yet. Why not be the first?