Wild Fig and Cassis (2002)
    by Jo Malone

• Launched: 2002
    • Type: Shared / Unisex / Unspecified
    • Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Jo Malone
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Wild Fig and Cassis

Showing 1 to 6 of 22 reviews.

perfume fiend's avatar
    perfume fiend

First off, let me just say that this is the first Jo Malone fragrance that I've owned and let me tell you that to me...it smells absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. Sometimes I like a strong, complicated, punch-in-the-face EDT (e.g., anything by Tom Ford), but there's something about "Wild Fig & Cassis" that just made me close my eyes when I first caught a whiff of it, and immediately transported me outdoors.

Now obviously, as with every other fragrance out there, this will smell slightly different on everyone (which is ENTIRELY the point). I also agree with the other reviewers that mentioned that it smells like you've just been mowing your lawn...it is VERY green, but it is so deceptively simple, and that's the beauty of it. PLEASE give this a try!!!

20th November, 2013

Janjanjan's avatar
    Janjanjan

Fizzy green fig

Perfume-baby-nose here: I've tried Diptyque and Heeley fig offerings, and both turned my stomach with this heavy fruit. One day I might be able to swing it but not yet. Until then there's Wild Fig & Cassis - a lighter, fizzier, greener fig. Kinda dig it.

19 October, 2013

Justin Case's avatar
    Justin Case

This is faithful to the fig part, but I cannot help but detect an ashiness that I didn't agree with. Better combined with another Jo Malone like Pomegranate Noir.

08 April, 2013

Sticky Threads's avatar
    Sticky Threads

A perfectly good scent that suffers in my rating because i love the fig scents and there are better out there and also the longevity of this one is poor on me. It stays very close to my skin and is gone in three hours. I enjoy the grassy green fig note and can smell a similar figginess to that of Philosykos, in that I feel I can smell the sap in the twin. Don't really get the cassis at all. Jo Malone's stuff is always clean and fresh, but on this occasion it just comes up a little short.

31st March, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The fig is truly convincing and rich, with a green fruitiness developing in the drydown. It remains uncomplicated but beautiful in its simplicity. Good silage and projection, with a superb longevity of over seven hours. The best fig scent I can recall for a long time.

25 December, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

One of the most realistic fig based  fragrances out there. A grassy fig prominent fragrance with a musky and cedary dry down and a feminine soul made of delicate  flowers of the fields and patchouli. The fig is anyway absolutely dominant with a touch of earthiness and with its lacteous, slightly sticky (pine resins) and lymphatic taste (although not  with the fig's full edible mellifluence and surupy consistence) as well  as in Philosykos Dyptique and Figuier Heeley (which is slightly lemony, fizzy and boozy anyway) and i don't smell so many other olfactory contaminations as happens in other (not properly straightforward) fig fragrances as Ninfeo Mio, airy and ethereal with a touch of incense , Premier Figuier L'Artisan Parfumeur with its almond and coconut's milk and as Salvatore  Ferragamo Pour Homme. The scent itself is natural and evocative but too stuck, un complex and botanic for my full pleasure. I don't smell in particular cassis or cherry while the final musk and some woodsy resins are notable. The projection and the lasting power are in the average.

08 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

Add your review of Wild Fig and Cassis