Wild Fig and Cassis (2002)
by Jo Malone London

Wild Fig and Cassis information

Year of Launch2002

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerJo Malone
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Wild Fig and Cassis

Wild Fig and Cassis is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

Reviews of Wild Fig and Cassis

Recently, I had eaten my first raw fig. It was a nice, albeit messy, experience that helped me to appreciate dried figs even more, which is my personal favorite.

With Wild Fig & Cassis, I get to partially relive this experience in scent form. Jo Malone managed to recreate the juicy sensation, paired with sharp black currant liquer.

Top = cassis, cherry, grass, fig;
Middle = hyacinth, cyclamen, jasmine, pine tree;
Base = patchouli, cedar, amber, musk.

This is a green, fruity and woody scent that is fairly unique in the fragrance arena. WF&C has a prominent grassy herbal note above all, along with the cassis and fig. I had to literally slow down, close my eyes, and really examine what was entering into my olfactory "field of view" with WF&C. Strangely simple, yet not completely so, esp. if you can identify some of the other notes that delicately waft in the deep background as shy supporters of the whole.

There is some similarity to Philosykos by Diptyque, though Jo Malone's WF&C smells more subtle and natural. In the end, this is a wearable, interesting change of pace from the norm that men and women can explore.
10th October, 2018
Synthetics provide
Edgy naturalism
And simple is good.
30th September, 2017
First off, let me just say that this is the first Jo Malone fragrance that I've owned and let me tell you that to me...it smells absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. Sometimes I like a strong, complicated, punch-in-the-face EDT (e.g., anything by Tom Ford), but there's something about "Wild Fig & Cassis" that just made me close my eyes when I first caught a whiff of it, and immediately transported me outdoors.

Now obviously, as with every other fragrance out there, this will smell slightly different on everyone (which is ENTIRELY the point). I also agree with the other reviewers that mentioned that it smells like you've just been mowing your lawn...it is VERY green, but it is so deceptively simple, and that's the beauty of it. PLEASE give this a try!!!
20th November, 2013
Fizzy green fig

Perfume-baby-nose here: I've tried Diptyque and Heeley fig offerings, and both turned my stomach with this heavy fruit. One day I might be able to swing it but not yet. Until then there's Wild Fig & Cassis - a lighter, fizzier, greener fig. Kinda dig it.

19th October, 2013
This is faithful to the fig part, but I cannot help but detect an ashiness that I didn't agree with. Better combined with another Jo Malone like Pomegranate Noir.
08th April, 2013
A perfectly good scent that suffers in my rating because i love the fig scents and there are better out there and also the longevity of this one is poor on me. It stays very close to my skin and is gone in three hours. I enjoy the grassy green fig note and can smell a similar figginess to that of Philosykos, in that I feel I can smell the sap in the twin. Don't really get the cassis at all. Jo Malone's stuff is always clean and fresh, but on this occasion it just comes up a little short.
31st March, 2013

Add your review of Wild Fig and Cassis

Shop for Wild Fig and Cassis products online

JO MALONE London. Scented Candle. Wild Fig & Cassis. 2.5”. With Ribbon And Bag.

End Date: Wednesday May-8-2019 13:02:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $50.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Jo Malone Wild Fig and Cassis Bath Oil - RARE SCENT!

End Date: Monday May-20-2019 15:36:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $99.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Wild Fig and Cassis

There are no member images of Wild Fig and Cassis yet. Why not be the first?