Individuel (2003)

PackagingFranzrudolf Lehnert
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Individuel

Individuel is a masculine fragrance by Montblanc. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Bourdon. The bottle was designed by Franzrudolf Lehnert

Individuel fragrance notes

Reviews of Individuel

Absolute bargain for scent, Projection and sillage.. I get raspberry.. Woods.. Vanilla.. Clean sheets and a lingering aura of sophistication .. This is certainly not joop (which I can't stand) if mont blanc is the chicken and Creed santal is the egg then the chicken in this case came before the egg and the asteroid that brought the microbes is joop..spraying this is like playing with matches go easy with the stuff 3/4 max. Compliments galore and extremely uplifting.. This will be incredible in the winter.
07th June, 2016 (last edited: 14th June, 2016)
Screechy, soapy and metallic right off the bat but give it a little time to settle in and it unfolds into a cool fresh yet vaguely floral scent with saccharine candy-like undercurrents.

True to expectations INDIVIDUEL didn't impress but I can't say I hate it either. I figure it smells clean and mildly attractive if you catch a whiff of it in passing.

Up close is another story altogether. It smells like it is chockful of cheap aromachemicals and laundry musks. So say goodbye fine fragrance, hello laundry detergent!

15th March, 2016
Smells clean like dryer sheets & lasts forever on my skin! Initial spray is a sweet, soapy blast. As I recall after the first 10 minutes, the scent is very linear. I get the comparison to Creed's Original Santal but it's quite different from Joop! Hoome on my skin. Unfortunately, I could not wear it; while I respect the smell Individuel gets to be too sweet & gives me a headache.
01st March, 2016
Just really fresh, clean and masculine. "Cold, fresh air mixed with florals" might be the best description I can come up with. The floral note kinda hints towards a dryer sheet, but it still smells really good. Performance was above average. I'd say it's best matched with casual affairs but it's quite versatile, so I enjoy wearing this one very much.
08th January, 2016 (last edited: 23rd February, 2016)
I have never smelled Original Santal, so I can't compare with that. I do however own Joop! and I think out of every fragrance I've smelled and owned, or currently own, the most similar one to Individuel is Joop! for sure.

I've read a lot of reviews on Individuel and not one person has said how in the opening this smells EXACTLY like marijuana, and good pot too lol. I love the natural smell of marijuana and anything that smells like it, even for 5-10 seconds like this does, gets good marks for me. After about 10 seconds, the marijuana smell is gone, but that first 10 seconds is bliss for me! It quickly fades into Joop! pretty much but with a heavy citrus on top. In Florida, it's common to see a flower called Lantana. I'm no expert on the flower, but there are hundreds of species of them, the most common here will be orange, yellow and maybe a little red in one bud, with multiple little flowers creating a dome shape (google it lol), the leaves on the plant are sort of furry, and have a citrus aroma too as the flower has a highly potent citrus smell that is hard to ignore. It's aromatic, you can smell from the distance, and for the most part, it smells like a blend of mandarin or oranges, lemon, maybe a little lime too. A unique flower to look at, with an amazing smell, to me Individuel has an accord that smells identical to this flower. It smells like this for a bit, that sort of reverts back to that marijuana smell I got from the opening. This is all going on under that base of Joop!. That's about the best way I can explain it.

Performance wise on me, not nearly where Joop! is, I get a good 10 hours with Individuel, but a very soft last 5-6 hours, making this pretty much a skin scent after 4. Projection is great in the first 30 minutes to an hour, but after that, I forget I'm even wearing it. No sillage, no wafts, not even on hot days, the humidity did nothing to help this one project more. I gotta find where I sprayed it and bury my nose deep into it to get something.

I do think it's a better, more wearable Joop!, Joop! is fun, but very loud, although not dated in my opinion for its time. I'm glad I found Individuel, and I look to try more from Mont Blanc, as this was my first bottle from the house.
30th October, 2015
... I like simple fragrances. For me this is simply one if the best compositions and bluntly amazed produced by a company founded on pens.

Kudos to the perfumer because it is one of my favourites ever ... And will surely remain.

As the late Ebert used to say, "Two Thumbs Up!"

Thanks.
29th October, 2015

Add your review of Individuel

Shop for Individuel products online

Shop for Individuel at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Individuel

Member images of Individuel

There are no member images of Individuel yet. Why not be the first?