Individuel (2003)

PackagingFranzrudolf Lehnert
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Individuel

Individuel is a masculine fragrance by Montblanc. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Bourdon. The bottle was designed by Franzrudolf Lehnert

Individuel fragrance notes

Reviews of Individuel

I have never smelled Original Santal, so I can't compare with that. I do however own Joop! and I think out of every fragrance I've smelled and owned, or currently own, the most similar one to Individuel is Joop! for sure.

I've read a lot of reviews on Individuel and not one person has said how in the opening this smells EXACTLY like marijuana, and good pot too lol. I love the natural smell of marijuana and anything that smells like it, even for 5-10 seconds like this does, gets good marks for me. After about 10 seconds, the marijuana smell is gone, but that first 10 seconds is bliss for me! It quickly fades into Joop! pretty much but with a heavy citrus on top. In Florida, it's common to see a flower called Lantana. I'm no expert on the flower, but there are hundreds of species of them, the most common here will be orange, yellow and maybe a little red in one bud, with multiple little flowers creating a dome shape (google it lol), the leaves on the plant are sort of furry, and have a citrus aroma too as the flower has a highly potent citrus smell that is hard to ignore. It's aromatic, you can smell from the distance, and for the most part, it smells like a blend of mandarin or oranges, lemon, maybe a little lime too. A unique flower to look at, with an amazing smell, to me Individuel has an accord that smells identical to this flower. It smells like this for a bit, that sort of reverts back to that marijuana smell I got from the opening. This is all going on under that base of Joop!. That's about the best way I can explain it.

Performance wise on me, not nearly where Joop! is, I get a good 10 hours with Individuel, but a very soft last 5-6 hours, making this pretty much a skin scent after 4. Projection is great in the first 30 minutes to an hour, but after that, I forget I'm even wearing it. No sillage, no wafts, not even on hot days, the humidity did nothing to help this one project more. I gotta find where I sprayed it and bury my nose deep into it to get something.

I do think it's a better, more wearable Joop!, Joop! is fun, but very loud, although not dated in my opinion for its time. I'm glad I found Individuel, and I look to try more from Mont Blanc, as this was my first bottle from the house.
30th October, 2015
... I like simple fragrances. For me this is simply one if the best compositions and bluntly amazed produced by a company founded on pens.

Kudos to the perfumer because it is one of my favourites ever ... And will surely remain.

As the late Ebert used to say, "Two Thumbs Up!"

29th October, 2015
Lots of hype, but I find it smells like cotton candy. The performance is great especially for the price. I just find it a tad to feminine for me
07th October, 2015
Montblanc Individuel's similarities to Creed Original Santal are uncanny. I'm in the camp of those that regard them as virtually identical, with Creed's version being predictably stronger and more refined. The overall tone or quality of the two fragrances is very much the same, though in the absence of trying one on each arm simultaneously, I can only surmise that the difference is mainly strength. A great fragrance, and how surprising that it preceded Original Santal.

7 out of 10
08th September, 2015
Floral, especially jasmine and fruity.....overall, creamy.

This is one of those scents that can easily be worn by both genders.

If you get caught up in the whole "masculine" or "feminine" projection like I do then you might pass on this.

I don't concern myself with what others are wearing and whether it fits their gender but for me, overly "soft" scents just don't make the regular rotation.

I cannot see myself purchasing this after my miniature bottle is done with.

Great sillage though.

03rd June, 2015
Not a bad scent but really didn't do much for me as something that I would have to own or even wear often. It did evoke some memories of Joop and Original Santal and I would describe Individual as a sweet oriental, but not distinctly similar to really anything I can pin down. I got a bit of mint-chocolate-metalic scent on the drydown, which was probably where the whole thing lost my favor. IMO, both Joop and OS are finer fragrances with much less synthetic tint.

25th February, 2015 (last edited: 02nd May, 2015)

Add your review of Individuel

Shop for Individuel products online

Shop for Individuel at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Individuel

Member images of Individuel

There are no member images of Individuel yet. Why not be the first?