273 Indigo for Men (2003)
by Fred Hayman

273 Indigo for Men information

Year of Launch2003

HouseFred Hayman
Parent CompanyVictory International

About 273 Indigo for Men

273 Indigo for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fred Hayman. The scent was launched in 2003

273 Indigo for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of 273 Indigo for Men

Bergamot, vetiver, musk and vanilla, no doubt about it, but what about the woods!!!!!!.
The scent of sandalwood, guiac and other woods hits you in the nose like a baseball bat. But it is not mentioned neither in the notes nor in any of the comments here.
Sorry guys, but this is a wood scent no matter how you analyze it, with some smoky drydown that reminesces of incense.
And it is very good indeed, Gets my thumbs up
11th February, 2012
Swanky Show all reviews
Fred Hayman seems to have an affinity for older fragrances. Both this one and his Touch pay homage to male frags from the past. In Touch's case, Brut was the inspiration. Here, 273 Indigo seems to share some DNA with Byblos, Ricci Club, Open by Roger and Gallet and especially Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. 273 Indigo is a downmarket rendition to be sure, but if you like the citrus leather of the aforementioned trio or even Ho Hang, this one may appeal to you as well.

For the price of a burger and fries, this release offers a throwback aroma (even the bottle looks more '80s inspired than contemporary) that won't be on every other fellow's hide at the lounge. Also, I experience none of the longevity woes with this fragrance that others have noted.
23rd September, 2011 (last edited: 26th June, 2012)
Bigsly Show all reviews
I agree that this is strong up front but then lacks longevity but I don't remember any major "powdery" aspect to it (I sampled it about a year ago). I do remember a somewhat "synthetic" feel to it, or perhaps it was that I thought that this was a "cologne guy" fragrance. For me it totally lacked complexity and balance (along with aforementioned longevity). I could never imagine wanting to wear this, and would prefer to not spray anything on rather than this, though it is not outright sickening to me, just a bit loud but with nothing really to say. I guess it's like certain people who come to a party, want to be noticed, then leave early after stuffing their faces with appetizers and drinks. I guess it's very inexpensive for a reason. Because I think there are so many better fragrances that cost just a bit more, I can't imagine any reason to buy this, unless you seek the qualities it possesses.
07th September, 2009
I have to fly in the face of positive reviews and opine that I find the opening bergamot-laced-ginger (or maybe the other way around?) much too strong. The drydown is decent but short-lived. Just can't get over the unrefined opening note, though. It's like burying your nose into a jar of ground ginger.
20th March, 2009
Good lord yes, this is so similar to Blu Notte pour Homme. It's more citrusy than it but it's definitely the same texture. That smooth yet dark velvety texture. Too bad the fabric is thin and wears down fast but it's not as yucky as Notte's airiness. Very linear scent with slight deviations from the citrus to musk drydown.
22nd October, 2008
Foetidus is right about the similarity, although I think it is closer to Blu Notte than the regular Blu. I do not like Blu Notte and I think Blu is OK...both are too baby powdery for me. Not bad for the price, but not a great scent IMO.
22nd August, 2008

Add your review of 273 Indigo for Men

Shop for 273 Indigo for Men products online

Shop for 273 Indigo for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 273 Indigo for Men

Member images of 273 Indigo for Men

There are no member images of 273 Indigo for Men yet. Why not be the first?