Piper Nigrum (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Piper Nigrum

Piper Nigrum is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Piper Nigrum fragrance notes

Reviews of Piper Nigrum

This is a review of the original formulation (frosted bottle) as I have not sample the reformulated juice.

I blind bought this (against my best judgement) and was quite nervous about the purchase as I normally do not like scents that have a strong medicinal quality. However, I love the mint & pepper, strong Icy Hot opening of Piper Nigrum. I think the pepper makes the medicinal mint interesting and very pleasant. The opening doesn't last long before the sweet, resinous balsams take center stage and play the leading role for the remainder of the duration.

I will say that PN is a very interesting scent as I have experienced its many different facets during different wearings. At times I get a lot of pepper and other times no pepper. I frequently experience the root beer vibe that others talk about with wisps of pepper peaking through and during other wearings I get a very linear, sweet balsam smell for hours.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10
22nd February, 2016
Piper Nigrum opens up with a heady aroma of spices, at the foreground of which are mint and pepper. The intoxicating opening calms down about 30 minutes later, where a beautiful balsamic feeling sneaks in to accentuate the pepper and the mint. In the final stages one can sense a hint of sweetness due to myrrh and amber, thus rounding off an unusual and inspiring olfactory experience. I can imagine this being worn both in summers and in winters, though I'd say it's best reserved for spring and fall evenings.
26th January, 2015
A blast of hot pink musk-stick candy.
10th September, 2014
I was really not a fan of this one. The smell was like instant heartburn. The pepper and star anise were the strongest notes, and I used barely any but the smell didn't seem to mellow out almost at all from the time I went to work until the time I came home ten hours later. In my favorite scent, I would say that's an amazing quality. In this one, that's extremely unfortunate. For some reason this scent reminds me of the ones the drivers will wear in taxis in the area to cover any and every other smell that might pass through their doors.
01st August, 2014
This is my favorite villoresi and in my view one of the best and most unique and sophisticated fragrances that exist. Its natural and gentle and take you on a journey. This man is a genius. Initially the opening overwhelm your senses - the trademark chaos opening. A strong pleasant black pepper smell. This becomes sweeter and softer as it develops. Its masculine and its complex and beautiful. Love it
17th July, 2014
Genre: Oriental

Unlike some previous reviewers, I have no problem finding the black pepper in this one. It jumps out of the topnotes and grabs me by the short hairs. The development is stupendously complex and surprising, and the rich, ever so slightly sweet drydown is a comfort and a joy. The brisk minty note and the peppery kick make this oriental easy to wear in warmer weather. A “real kick,” as far as I'm concerned.
23rd June, 2014

Add your review of Piper Nigrum

Shop for Piper Nigrum products online

Search Amazon for Piper Nigrum

Member images of Piper Nigrum

There are no member images of Piper Nigrum yet. Why not be the first?