Piper Nigrum (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Piper Nigrum

Piper Nigrum is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Piper Nigrum fragrance notes

Reviews of Piper Nigrum

The Procession of the Corpus Christi, Toledo BY
Arthur Melville 1890
13th March, 2018
This has the most refreshing opening I've had in ages. Pepper and mint, with some anise and clove. So it's spicy, but the mint makes it cool as well and a lovely wake up call. I cannot stand the smell of aniseed, probably due to Pernod and cider cocktails in my youth (sometimes I wonder how I made it this far...), and even the smell of anis or the taste of aniseed chewing gum sets me on edge. But when it's well blended in a perfume I've come to love it! And this is great - all of the components work together in a contrasting almost clashing burst. And it stays good, with some amber sweetening the clove. I'm still getting little bursts of peppery spice hours later. I find this one gives me the mind clearing space I often look for in more incensey scents.

It works so well on a sunny day that I'm very curious on how it will be in the middle of winter - I could be looking at this year's Christmas present to self!
19th May, 2017
A delicious, very organic pepper based fragrance. This is different to the Iso E Super, dry and somewhat synthetic scents (which I like, by the way). You don't feel as though you are getting saturated with one specific molecule - it's a nuanced, natural pepper with a supporting clove and anise note.

Unfortunately for me, as a unisex fragrance it's just too sweet. If they brought out a drier men's version with a touch of wood in the base, this would be my signature scent. A real shame as, if you like pepper, this is probably as good as it gets.
15th May, 2017
La caravane d'épices!!!!, outstanding start, with a spicy and fresh mint+pepper scent. The fragrance becomes warmer, with resin and animal scents . Better for winter, not for shy people
21st September, 2016
Piper Nigrum.

Today, while enjoying a chunk of black licorice 'tween cheek-n-gums like I like, I took out my three bottles of anise-minded fragrances for a spin. First off, if One has a problem with black licorice... One should stay away from these. Here are my other thoughts:

Piper Nigrum - Mint and anise are there up-front supporting the prominent pepper. The pepper is there throughout, with clove and other spice, even into the resinous vanilla-incense drydown. Much more pepper than anise, but still.

Reglisse Noire - Mint and pepper are there up-front with the prominent anise which lasts throughout the rather fleeting heart and is noticeably supportive in the exquisite vanilla drydown. Classy. A very nice evening scent.

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - Powdery synthetic vanilla and anise from the start. There are bothersome sour and floral facets as well. Strong and linear. It all wears this black licorice fan down... much in the same manner this tobbaco fan cannot find the appreciation for The Dreamer. No matter.

Sure, there are a ton of other black licorice / anise fragrances. These are my first three and I think I've drilled deep enough. Two outta three ain't bad! They shine bright in early Autumn.
03rd September, 2016
This is a review of the original formulation (frosted bottle) as I have not sample the reformulated juice.

I blind bought this (against my best judgement) and was quite nervous about the purchase as I normally do not like scents that have a strong medicinal quality. However, I love the mint & pepper, strong Icy Hot opening of Piper Nigrum. I think the pepper makes the medicinal mint interesting and very pleasant. The opening doesn't last long before the sweet, resinous balsams take center stage and play the leading role for the remainder of the duration.

I will say that PN is a very interesting scent as I have experienced its many different facets during different wearings. At times I get a lot of pepper and other times no pepper. I frequently experience the root beer vibe that others talk about with wisps of pepper peaking through and during other wearings I get a very linear, sweet balsam smell for hours.

Scent: 9/10

Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum EDT Spray 100ml Men's Perfume

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 13:37:14 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $105.15
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi Firenze Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz for Women

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 15:23:57 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $88.99

Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum - 3ml Sample - 100% Authentic

End Date: Monday Apr-29-2019 7:52:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $10.66
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi Firenze 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 12:39:24 PDT

Lorenzo Villoresi "Piper Nigrum" 100ml Eau de Toilette Spray

End Date: Monday May-6-2019 16:55:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $86.01
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

LORENZO VILLORESI FIRENZE PIPER NIGRUM 3.4 oz /100ml Eau De Toilette Spray Women

End Date: Friday May-10-2019 21:45:19 PDT

LORENZO VILLORESI FIRENZE PIPER NIGRUM by Lorenzo Villoresi EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ

End Date: Monday May-20-2019 22:34:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $127.44

Member images of Piper Nigrum

There are no member images of Piper Nigrum yet. Why not be the first?