Piper Nigrum (1999)

Year of Launch1999

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Piper Nigrum

Piper Nigrum is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Piper Nigrum fragrance notes

Reviews of Piper Nigrum

La caravane d'épices!!!!, outstanding start, with a spicy and fresh mint+pepper scent. The fragrance becomes warmer, with resin and animal scents . Better for winter, not for shy people
21st September, 2016
Piper Nigrum.

Today, while enjoying a chunk of black licorice 'tween cheek-n-gums like I like, I took out my three bottles of anise-minded fragrances for a spin. First off, if One has a problem with black licorice... One should stay away from these. Here are my other thoughts:

Piper Nigrum - Mint and anise are there up-front supporting the prominent pepper. The pepper is there throughout, with clove and other spice, even into the resinous vanilla-incense drydown. Much more pepper than anise, but still.

Reglisse Noire - Mint and pepper are there up-front with the prominent anise which lasts throughout the rather fleeting heart and is noticeably supportive in the exquisite vanilla drydown. Classy. A very nice evening scent.

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - Powdery synthetic vanilla and anise from the start. There are bothersome sour and floral facets as well. Strong and linear. It all wears this black licorice fan down... much in the same manner this tobbaco fan cannot find the appreciation for The Dreamer. No matter.

Sure, there are a ton of other black licorice / anise fragrances. These are my first three and I think I've drilled deep enough. Two outta three ain't bad! They shine bright in early Autumn.
03rd September, 2016
This is a review of the original formulation (frosted bottle) as I have not sample the reformulated juice.

I blind bought this (against my best judgement) and was quite nervous about the purchase as I normally do not like scents that have a strong medicinal quality. However, I love the mint & pepper, strong Icy Hot opening of Piper Nigrum. I think the pepper makes the medicinal mint interesting and very pleasant. The opening doesn't last long before the sweet, resinous balsams take center stage and play the leading role for the remainder of the duration.

I will say that PN is a very interesting scent as I have experienced its many different facets during different wearings. At times I get a lot of pepper and other times no pepper. I frequently experience the root beer vibe that others talk about with wisps of pepper peaking through and during other wearings I get a very linear, sweet balsam smell for hours.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10
22nd February, 2016
Piper Nigrum opens up with a heady aroma of spices, at the foreground of which are mint and pepper. The intoxicating opening calms down about 30 minutes later, where a beautiful balsamic feeling sneaks in to accentuate the pepper and the mint. In the final stages one can sense a hint of sweetness due to myrrh and amber, thus rounding off an unusual and inspiring olfactory experience. I can imagine this being worn both in summers and in winters, though I'd say it's best reserved for spring and fall evenings.
26th January, 2015
A blast of hot pink musk-stick candy.
10th September, 2014
I was really not a fan of this one. The smell was like instant heartburn. The pepper and star anise were the strongest notes, and I used barely any but the smell didn't seem to mellow out almost at all from the time I went to work until the time I came home ten hours later. In my favorite scent, I would say that's an amazing quality. In this one, that's extremely unfortunate. For some reason this scent reminds me of the ones the drivers will wear in taxis in the area to cover any and every other smell that might pass through their doors.
01st August, 2014

Add your review of Piper Nigrum

Shop for Piper Nigrum products online

Shop for Piper Nigrum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Piper Nigrum

Member images of Piper Nigrum

There are no member images of Piper Nigrum yet. Why not be the first?