V (2005)

HouseValentino

About V

V is a feminine perfume by Valentino. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of V

I echo the review of this one by blood orange. I have this scent, and it's one of my faves. It's complex, but has a lovely vanillic base that I find delightful. It's got lovely orange flower and rose along with some warm spiciness that compliments the vanilla in a way that keeps people guessing. Gourmand, yet not completely.

Every time I wear it, folks of both genders tell me I smell delicious. It wears a bit close on me, but in a way that has people drawing close to catch another whiff.

To me it smells of elegance and refinement. I hate that it's been discontinued. When I find it on ebay it's overpriced. Wish I'd find some in a TJ Maxx somewhere for a song. . .

Do try it if you get a chance. I've yet to meet anyone who dislikes it. . .
29th August, 2014
This fragrance is quite charmingly delightful.

It's such an enticing, creamy and elegant fragrance. V is indeed rather similar to Deep Red, however while Deep Red is very provocative, V is more subdued, sophisticated and refined almost.

I find the mandarin, grapefruit and orange notes to be the most dominant, yet the cassia, rose, frangipani and vanilla gives this scent an almost refreshing quality which is both soft and feminine.

The overall fragrance is nicely balanced and inoffensive. It would make a lovely alternative for those who find Deep Red a little too young or too popular. I recommend.

05th June, 2011
dimplesg Show all reviews
My husband bought me this perfume for an anniversary so it has good memories and it was a very good choice. Very warm and comforting, can be an every day perfume as long as you don't 'overdose'. More suitable for the autumn/winter.
23rd March, 2010
V is a gourmand scent to my nose. Upon initial application, I get a black licorice note tha reminds me of Deep Red by Hugo Boss (lasts about ten minutes.) After that, V becomes a warm woodsy vanilla scent on me. V kinda reminds me of Hypnotic Poison after the drydown, IMO there are some similarities between these two fragrances. I get a vanilla/ playdough note at times when I wear V and I also get that same note in Hypnotic Poison (IMO, the differences between the two are-V has a spiced vanilla note and Hypnotic poison has a regular vanilla note). I really like the combination of notes blended together in V. Every time I wear this, I am asked "what are you wearing" or "you smell good". V is a spicy, sexy, feminine fragrance that is very sensual...I reach for this one quite often.
20th February, 2009
Noraed Show all reviews
Very mature, rosy, sophisticated and warm scent.
It is a Floral - Woody Musk type of perfume.

Top notes: Tangerine, Pink Grapefruit, Green Fig, Freesia.
Heart note: Rose, Orange Blossom, Heliotrope.
Base note: Mysore Sandalwood, Atlas Cedar, Amber, Musk.

The perfume is very romantic and its strong rosy scent makes it extremely feminine, which should make you stand out from the crowd.
Suitable for special occasions.
24th January, 2009
Cannot get enough of my girlfriend when she wears this stuff! When I catch a whiff of this on her, the rest of the gals in the room fail to exist!
14th June, 2008

Add your review of V

Shop for V products online

Search Amazon for V

Member images of V

There are no member images of V yet. Why not be the first?