Rykiel Man (2004)

HouseSonia Rykiel
Parent CompanySelective Beauty > Selective Beauty Luxury division
Parent Company at launchSelective Beauty

About Rykiel Man

Rykiel Man is a masculine fragrance by Sonia Rykiel. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Rykiel Man

If only one perfume in the whole wide world were allowed to receive a neutral from me, this one would be it.
It is absolutely insipid, fresh maybe, but of a dull freshness followed by a somewhat uninteresting woody drydown. On the other hand, there is nothing to criticize this perfume either, it is so inoffensive that wouldn't hurt the most sensitive nose under any circumstance.
It is great as an out of a midday shower splash after an arduous and brisk walk, or coming back from the beach etc. It will refresh you and make you feel as new, but it wouldn't excite you either.
I enjoy this perfume occasionally, I wouldn't toss it in the trash, but I will not replace it after I am done with it either, and that should tell you the whole story.
Sillage and longevity are marginal at best
26th January, 2014
Like other reviewers stated, this one is different. Smells a little soapy and somewhat greenish. There also seems to be a licorice vibe in this one. Overall, this is a pretty good frag! Something different.
06th October, 2012 (last edited: 30th October, 2012)
A really gorgeous, fresh, clean fragrance. Starts green and just a bit synthetic but nice. There is a "sea breeze" note in this and this comes through next and in the drydown. Staying power and sillage are good. One of the freshest scents out there! A BIG thumbs up!!
19th June, 2012
Clean, and unusual. I do notice similar notes to Montana for Men (The BLUE box version).
Rykiel Man can be had for a bargain and would be a nice wardrobe addition to those who like clean and soapy fragrances.
It's a refreshing change from the ordinary.
A Big Thumbs Up!
18th September, 2010
Today I went to my side shelf for my SOTD, I went with something called Rykiel Man. This is, hands down the most unique fresh fragrance I've ever smelled. EVER. I cannot break this fragrance down. The closest I can say is that it smells like limes, soda, rosewood, laundry detergent, and a little tea. It's not soapy, there's no spices, it's not oriental, but it is very green and fresh. I don't really care for it, but it is very very intriguing, in fact, I've never been so intrigued with any fragrance, ever. This must be smelled.
22nd May, 2010 (last edited: 13th October, 2010)
The reviews for this are absolutely right; this is a very unusual scent. There is a synthetic aspect to it, but it is attractive in a strange way. I feel as if I am in a garden with soda pop ferns and laundry detergent flowers. One may start to hallucinate wearing this. It has a vague resemblance to Shalimar for women.
05th December, 2009 (last edited: 06th March, 2010)

Add your review of Rykiel Man

Shop for Rykiel Man products online

Shop for Rykiel Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rykiel Man

Member images of Rykiel Man

There are no member images of Rykiel Man yet. Why not be the first?