Nautica Competition (new) (2003)
by Nautica

Nautica Competition (new) information

Year of Launch2003
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseNautica
SupplierCreations Aromatiques

About Nautica Competition (new)

An update of the version launched in 1997. This features a yellow and black bottle, and is being targeted at 18-25 year olds.

Nautica Competition (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Nautica Competition (new)

The opening is a synthetic concoction of a citrus-berry opening worthy of an airfreshener. The drydown tries a rather laboratory-style nutmeg. Little further development on my skin, poor silage with limited projection and three hours of longevity. An unrecognisable travesty of the original version, pretty awful.

08th March, 2014
The only reason I purchased this was because my girlfriend at the time liked it. I think she was just tired of waiting around while I went through the various colognes being offered at the mall...

I have a slight bit left now, and taking a whiff of it, I'm reminded of the dismal smell of this cologne. It's a dark, bitter olfactory assault that ultimately won the honor of making my gym bag smell marginally better. I agree wholeheartedly with the previous reviews.
30th December, 2012
Have to agree with the other reviewers here. Just awful. Axe body sprays are 100 times better than this. What happened? I seemed to recall this juice being a refreshing, citrusy, classically cologney...maybe I'm thinking of the version in the silver flacon?
In any event, I found a huge bottle of this at Marshall's for only 20 bucks. Good thing I was able to smell it first. The top notes are great for literally 30 seconds and then it's just wash it off territory from there. This crap is like one of those "Our version of...so and so". No bargain at any price.
11th October, 2012
This is almost physically painful. Just terrible.
15th May, 2011
If you enjoy Tommy Hilfiger for Men or Michael Jordan for Men, this one is right up your alley. It's essentially a creamy version of MJ and/or Tommy. It's much closer to Michael Jordan though, almost identical even. The juniper and bergamont opening is a vaguely dirty citrus accord and lasts for about 5 minutes. Soon, the top becomes creamy and faintly spicy with the rosemary, nutmeg heart. As it transitions into the drydown, the creamy nutmeg, citrus blend lingers over a smooth sandalwood base, almost like the creamy sandalwood in The Art of Shaving, but with the rosemary still spicing up the mix. It's very pleasing but not something for anyone over the age of 20. It's a great starter fragrance for any teen and/or pre-teen and it will definitely get anyone wearing it a mass amount of compliments. Sillage is moderate and longevity is anywhere between 4-7 hours give or take. I bought this this for my little cousin (15 years old) for around $25 (2.5 oz) and he loves it, along with all the young females in his life.
On that note, I wore this once and someone asked me if I was wearing Chanel Edition Blanche. I suppose it's the creaminess vibe that would allow for that confusion. Plus, when I wore this back in high school, females regularly insisted that I smelled, dare I say, like "a sexy beast!". My final rating B-
12th May, 2011
A synthetic cloud of Axe body spray blended with very little attention to detail or standards for natural ingredients, Competition is better left in the dust and was smartly discontinued. It lacks subtlety or pleasant tones to push the synthetic element to the the background. A failure.
19th March, 2011

Add your review of Nautica Competition (new)

Shop for Nautica Competition (new) products online

Shop for Nautica Competition (new) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nautica Competition (new)

Member images of Nautica Competition (new)

There are no member images of Nautica Competition (new) yet. Why not be the first?