Vera Wang for Men (2004)

SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever > Unilever Cosmetics International

About Vera Wang for Men

Vera Wang for Men is a masculine fragrance by Vera Wang. The scent was launched in 2004

Vera Wang for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Vera Wang for Men

Salutation.

a fragrance of intense sensations with a nice hint of charm.it is not as romantic as female version but romantic and seductive enoughthat grab attention ladies.it opens strong with mandarin leaf and especially yuzo set the pace for a balanced heart of nutmeg and leather and a soft yet masculine base of tobacco and sandalwood mAkes a lovely,elegant and intimate scent that is shared when someone is in your space.

here leather Is not dominant for me and the scent is not overpowering at all.it scents both youthful and mature simultaneously.suitble for a roamntic dinner and intimate occasion.it is perfect for autumn weather.totally it is not amazing scent but simply lovely and you can not go wrong with it.the sillge and longevity are nice for me.

6.75/10
09th June, 2015
A sort of finally smoother ideal Paco Rabanne Ex plus the addition of nutmeg and leather-tobacco. Together with several powdery "tobacco veined" juices a la Cuba Paris Cuba Gold the Paco Rabanne's one is the fragrance which more than others this Vera Wang's scent is able to conjure me (with its herbal-minty opening - in here enriched by a "liquid" yuzu astringent presence -, the mandarine influence and a notable sandalwood) but while XS remains basically sharp, floral and woody-herbal (despite a touch of final soothing vanilla) Vera Wang for Men is finally rounded by a "modulation" of suede, nutmeg, vanilla, powdery woods and tobacco, providing a more smooth-powdery trail. The final outcome is indeed a pale powdery synthetic leather-chypre veined by a pleasant leather-tobacco undertone.
08th March, 2015 (last edited: 09th March, 2015)
Vera for Men used to be one of my favorite dinner date scents until I ran out last year. I have since replaced it with options that I think are more to my current liking, but nothing negative at all about VW.

I always felt VW smelled very masculine and had a longer dry down in the top and middle notes than most fragrances did. Although it lists mandarin and yuzu in the top, I think perhaps it was the middle notes, specifically anise and nutmeg that gave it's unusual longevity in the earlier notes. I really like it and often was complimented when wearing it.

May buy it again when I want to go back to something I am familiar with once my current evening dinner or night out fragrance options run out.

13th February, 2015
Swanky Show all reviews
For me the anise is to the fore as it is in Brit or Pi Neo, with an orange top that adds some fullness without getting too sweet. Longevity is good and the bottle is relatively nice for a designer of the period. A surprising scent given that I don't care for Wang's feminine creations.
30th January, 2015
This is a very green and citric vanilla scent for the most part. Longevity and projection are about average on me, projection could be better, I get about 5-6 hours longevity before it's totally gone.

Vera Wang for Men, opens up with a sharp, almost plasticy green mandarin note, along with yuzu, this could be off-putting to some... I struggled with it for a while and then got used to it. An hour or so later, I am left with a sandalwood and leather mixture, with a hunt of tobacco. The dry down is reminiscent of True Religion, or Phat Farm Atman (a very obscure suede scent). This also reminds me of Raw Vanilla for men, and Givenchy Pi.

All in all, it isn't bad, but it's nothing to write home about. I have less than an oz left in my bottle, and I won't be purchasing it again. I'm torn between a neutral rating and a thumbs up, but I think I'll say thumbs up, because this one has history with me.
18th January, 2013 (last edited: 11th March, 2014)
Tony T Show all reviews
i love it. on my 3rd bottle. definately not an everyday scent but for dates and more sensual events. a definate breathtaker. the nutmeg and woods give it plenty of sillage depth and character.similiar to guerlain l'instant which is why it does not get as much love here on basenotes..
17th January, 2013

Add your review of Vera Wang for Men

Shop for Vera Wang for Men products online

Shop for Vera Wang for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vera Wang for Men

Member images of Vera Wang for Men

There are no member images of Vera Wang for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Vera Wang for Men News