Vera Wang for Men (2004)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 255 ratings

Vera Wang for Men Fragrance Notes

Vera Wang for Men information

Vera Wang for Men is a men's fragrance by Vera Wang. The scent was launched in 2004

Shop for Vera Wang for Men products online

$74.51*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 50.00)
    $74.51*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 50.00)
    $96.87*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 65.00)

Reviews of Vera Wang for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 74 reviews.

Darvant's avatar

A sort of finally smoother ideal Paco Rabanne Ex plus the addition of nutmeg and leather-tobacco. Together with several powdery "tobacco veined" juices a la Cuba Paris Cuba Gold the Paco Rabanne's one is the fragrance which more than others this Vera Wang's scent is able to conjure me (with its herbal-minty opening - in here enriched by a "liquid" yuzu astringent presence -, the mandarine influence and a notable sandalwood) but while XS remains basically sharp, floral and woody-herbal (despite a touch of final soothing vanilla) Vera Wang for Men is finally rounded by a "modulation" of suede, nutmeg, vanilla, powdery woods and tobacco, providing a more smooth-powdery trail. The final outcome is indeed a pale powdery synthetic leather-chypre veined by a pleasant leather-tobacco undertone.

08th March, 2015 (Last Edited: 09th March, 2015)

clamnole's avatar

Vera for Men used to be one of my favorite dinner date scents until I ran out last year. I have since replaced it with options that I think are more to my current liking, but nothing negative at all about VW.

I always felt VW smelled very masculine and had a longer dry down in the top and middle notes than most fragrances did. Although it lists mandarin and yuzu in the top, I think perhaps it was the middle notes, specifically anise and nutmeg that gave it's unusual longevity in the earlier notes. I really like it and often was complimented when wearing it.

May buy it again when I want to go back to something I am familiar with once my current evening dinner or night out fragrance options run out.

13th February, 2015

Swanky's avatar

For me the anise is to the fore as it is in Brit or Pi Neo, with an orange top that adds some fullness without getting too sweet. Longevity is good and the bottle is relatively nice for a designer of the period. A surprising scent given that I don't care for Wang's feminine creations.

30th January, 2015

The_Cologneist's avatar

This is a very green and citric vanilla scent for the most part. Longevity and projection are about average on me, projection could be better, I get about 5-6 hours longevity before it's totally gone.

Vera Wang for Men, opens up with a sharp, almost plasticy green mandarin note, along with yuzu, this could be off-putting to some... I struggled with it for a while and then got used to it. An hour or so later, I am left with a sandalwood and leather mixture, with a hunt of tobacco. The dry down is reminiscent of True Religion, or Phat Farm Atman (a very obscure suede scent). This also reminds me of Raw Vanilla for men, and Givenchy Pi.

All in all, it isn't bad, but it's nothing to write home about. I have less than an oz left in my bottle, and I won't be purchasing it again. I'm torn between a neutral rating and a thumbs up, but I think I'll say thumbs up, because this one has history with me.

18th January, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th March, 2014)

Tony T's avatar

i love it. on my 3rd bottle. definately not an everyday scent but for dates and more sensual events. a definate breathtaker. the nutmeg and woods give it plenty of sillage depth and character.similiar to guerlain l'instant which is why it does not get as much love here on basenotes..

17th January, 2013

CamaroF41's avatar

I accidently stumbled upon this fragrance and on the first try I did not think much of it but after trying quite a few others I somehow remembered it. I would say this is one of my favorites right now. This cologne is subtle, not overpowering but still masculine and sophisticated. I am in my mid 20s and I do like some fresh colognes but if I am going out for the evening to a dinner or something formal, I am picking this one. Its just classy, great scent and doesnt make me feel like I sprayed some "old school" cologne. Again, this is very modern, subtle, classy, masculine scent. Give it a try.

24th December, 2012

Add your review of Vera Wang for Men

Search for on eBay United States

Vera Wang by Vera Wang EDT Spray 3.4 oz *Tester
    • Time Left: 12 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    VERA WANG FOR MEN EDT 3.4 FL OZ (NEW TESTER, NO TOP)
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • Time Left: 15 days
    VERA WANG 3.4 OZ EDT SPRAY FOR MEN BY VERA WANG New Tester without Cap
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    VERA WANG FOR MEN EDT 3.4 FL OZ (NEW TESTER, NO BOX)
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • Time Left: 20 days
    VERA WANG * Cologne for Men * 3.4 oz * BRAND NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 23 days

Member images of Vera Wang for Men

There are no member images of Vera Wang for Men yet. Why not be the first?