John Varvatos (2004)

SupplierQuest International
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchShiseido > ZIC Corp

About John Varvatos

The scent itself was created by Quest International on behalf of Zirh / Shiseido using Varvatos' ideas. It's notes are familiar (Leather, Herbs) and unique (Medjool, Indian Tamarind Tree Leaves, Eaglewood, Auramber --- All never used before in perfumery)

The bottle is inspired by "Masculinity, Luxury and the texture of the Varvatos' Fashion Collection" -- A mix of smoked glass and leather.

Reviews of John Varvatos

hcr Show all reviews
I get the cherry/fruity smell from this. Very pleasant, not very strong though. Doesn't seem to last too long, would need a lot of sprays. Probably going to stay in the sample pile.
25th August, 2015

I am seductive.i am romantic.i am elegant.i am JOHN VERVATOS!Yes this scent is a beautiful modern scent for men 25/35 years old.

The EDP version is slightly different to the EDT but both are really nice.when i wear it in intimate occasions i always get compliments of my friends regarding my perfume!

Middle/base notes in nice harmony.The longevity and sillage is very good for me.i often wear in the autumn time because i think it is perfect in rainy weather.

Anyway if you are looking for a modern oriental woody you are exactly at the right place.

09th May, 2015 (last edited: 11th May, 2015)
This is strange and bothersome. I thought I liked my sample and I keep giving it chances, but this thing is weak. Ridiculously weak. I'm able to detect what smells sort of like L'Homme. Easy to like and versatile, but not remotely challenging or fun. The only challenging thing about it is being able to smell it after being on my skin for 10 min. Did I get a bad sample? Shame, this could have been a perfect cologne for sitting on the bus, going to Wendy's, or standing in a beer line at a baseball game.

For what it's worth, L'Homme doesn't last very long on me either. La Nuit does, however.
09th May, 2015
Fresh fruity, my go to scent after sport
17th February, 2015
Another unexpected, gifted bottle of fragrance, but this one I actually like, at least initially. The opening is very appealing in a classic men's scent sort of way with a nice fruit/herb/wood combination which lasts about an hour on me.

However, I agree with previous reviews in that the major dissappointment to John Varvatos is the projection and longevity are woefully inadequate. After only an hour or two this is essentially a skin scent on me and it has lost all the appeal and smells a bit powdery. I think this one could benefit from a reformulation that increased the longevity.

11th February, 2015 (last edited: 13th February, 2015)
A solid fragrance, though not exceptional it does the job. Biggest gripes with it are that it is lacking in projection and sillage, with that being said it is a solid fragrance and one that is appropriate for both dates and the office (especially because it doesn't project particularly well and the scent itself is relatively inoffensive). Generally speaking, it is a bit more popular among the older crowd but at the same time does not smell like "old man".
23rd January, 2015

Add your review of John Varvatos

Shop for John Varvatos products online

Shop for John Varvatos at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for John Varvatos

Member images of John Varvatos

There are no member images of John Varvatos yet. Why not be the first?