John Varvatos (2004)

SupplierQuest International
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchShiseido > ZIC Corp

About John Varvatos

The scent itself was created by Quest International on behalf of Zirh / Shiseido using Varvatos' ideas. It's notes are familiar (Leather, Herbs) and unique (Medjool, Indian Tamarind Tree Leaves, Eaglewood, Auramber --- All never used before in perfumery)

The bottle is inspired by "Masculinity, Luxury and the texture of the Varvatos' Fashion Collection" -- A mix of smoked glass and leather.

Reviews of John Varvatos

smellwise, this is a pretty good fragrance...I had a small decant that I've enjoyed wearing around the house...reason being I'm in the group that seems to get minimal projection and longevity from JV fragrances in general, this one being no exception ...I get maybe 2 good hours tops - and then it's almost like I never put anything on...so it would not work for me for when I need an all day scent...the fragrance itself smells pretty good...I get a nice ripe/sweet/juicy/rich/syrupy fruit accord sitting on a thin layer of wood which then leads into a nice sweet/ambery/leathery vanilla....and then....poof!!!...gone...
nice while it lasts and I do enjoy the smell for the time it hangs around for me...
FBW...if you can get a good discount...because chances are you will have to reapply
Sweet Fruity Woody Leather
04th February, 2016
numcks Show all reviews
Sweet and fruity and somewhat synthetic - like a hard candy. Some suede leather and sandalwood/amber/vanilla. Somewhat youthful/juvenile.
08th November, 2015
hcr Show all reviews
I get the cherry/fruity smell from this. Very pleasant, not very strong though. Doesn't seem to last too long, would need a lot of sprays. Probably going to stay in the sample pile.
25th August, 2015
Salutation.

I am seductive.i am romantic.i am elegant.i am JOHN VERVATOS!Yes this scent is a beautiful modern scent for men 25/35 years old.

The EDP version is slightly different to the EDT but both are really nice.when i wear it in intimate occasions i always get compliments of my friends regarding my perfume!

Middle/base notes in nice harmony.The longevity and sillage is very good for me.i often wear in the autumn time because i think it is perfect in rainy weather.

Anyway if you are looking for a modern oriental woody you are exactly at the right place.

09th May, 2015 (last edited: 11th May, 2015)
This is strange and bothersome. I thought I liked my sample and I keep giving it chances, but this thing is weak. Ridiculously weak. I'm able to detect what smells sort of like L'Homme. Easy to like and versatile, but not remotely challenging or fun. The only challenging thing about it is being able to smell it after being on my skin for 10 min. Did I get a bad sample? Shame, this could have been a perfect cologne for sitting on the bus, going to Wendy's, or standing in a beer line at a baseball game.

For what it's worth, L'Homme doesn't last very long on me either. La Nuit does, however.
09th May, 2015
Fresh fruity, my go to scent after sport
17th February, 2015

Add your review of John Varvatos

Shop for John Varvatos products online

Shop for John Varvatos at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for John Varvatos

Member images of John Varvatos

There are no member images of John Varvatos yet. Why not be the first?