Santa Fe for Men (1988)
by Aladdin Fragrances (originally by Shulton)

Santa Fe for Men information

Year of Launch1988

HouseAladdin Fragrances
Originally byShulton

About Santa Fe for Men

Santa Fe for Men is a masculine fragrance by Aladdin Fragrances. The scent was launched in 1988

Reviews of Santa Fe for Men

Sagebrush Obsession
Your dry wood, hazy smoke and
Spicy cool Brut breeze

Skies in Turquoise Blue
Navajo Galaxy rugs
Kachina doll eyes

Back-seat travels through
Dry wood, hazy smoke, clay pots
Some such story of

Americana
Purifying some youth by
Sagebrush Impression.
16th May, 2018
I am wearing the vintage by Shulton/Tsumara. It is all about cinnamon, nutmeg and spice. There is no vanilla to be found. It is not like Obsession at all other than being a spicy oriental from the 80s. If you like Fahrenheit, you should like this vintage. I wear Fahrenheit too. This is spicier but also smokey.
15th March, 2018
Plato Show all reviews
This was in my wardrobe when I was a young boy. I bought Allure Homme a few years ago, partly because it reminded me of this during the initial opening. Santa Fe, at least in 1992, had a zesty sugar element to it. That's the only way I can describe it, since my remembrance of it does not connect to the specific spices. I can see how it is somewhat reminiscent of cinnamon, though.
29th October, 2015
DEMON Show all reviews
I seem to remember this being a poor man's CK Obsession. However, when I recently got some samples of Bond No 9 Cooper Square, I KNEW I had smelled it before and couldn't place it. It was definitely 80s. I got the Cooper Square because it was said(here, no less) to smell very similar to original Calvin in the blue bottle(RIP). But that wasn't it. It smelled spot on like Santa Fe, or at least my memory of Santa Fe. This did not make me want a full bottle of Cooper Square, but I am now looking for a cheap Santa Fe.
11th August, 2014
Alcohol laden opening quickly cools into a vanilla, cinnamon spiced nutmeg fragrance that relies heavily on the vanilla. Certainly does take liberal inspiration from Caron's Third Man and lesser so from Calvin Klein's Obsession but it does seem to dig deeper into 1970's mandarin, powder and spice giants like Lagerfeld for its inspiration.
Santa Fe is certainly not a head-turner and is dangerously close to cloying and may not work for some skin chemistries. I wouldn't suggest it for a night out or a clutch evening when an impression can go a long way. It lacks the complexity of its influences but it is a decent, casual scent with excellent value given the somewhat organic smelling elements and low price. Still, the blending itself does imply a certain cheapness but that can easily be overlooked given Santa Fe's lack of pretension.
Santa Fe doesn't evolve too dramatically, moving towards a linear vanilla and powder bomb five minutes into the initial application. It sticks around fairly long for its price, with 4-6 hours not uncommon. Projection is not overwhelming, but it certainly is detectable and doesn't seem to slip into the realm of skin scent until midway through the drydown.
A pleasing enough scent for those who enjoy vanilla and a little bit of spice that should only be used sporadically, as this one can be very cloying. For the price fairly enjoyable and worth the investment as a change-up in an already loaded arsenal. Nothing exceptional, but for those on a budget a tremendous bargain. Simple and a bit too powdery to work as a signature scent.
02nd January, 2012
I wouldn't so much consider Santa Fe for Men a clone of The Third Man. It's more like a cruder Obsession for Men/Tiffany for Men with its powdery florals, cinnamon and vanilla. For under 10 dollars, and even under 5 at some big-name discounters here in the U.S., it's not bad. As an Eau de Cologne, it lasts 4 to 5 hours on my skin. The bottle is awkward and has an uncomfortable texture like pottery made in art class before it's been glazed.
05th January, 2011

Add your review of Santa Fe for Men

Shop for Santa Fe for Men products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Santa Fe for Men

There are no member images of Santa Fe for Men yet. Why not be the first?