Chic for Men (2004)

PerfumerRosendo Mateu
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Chic for Men

Chic for Men is a masculine fragrance by Carolina Herrera. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Rosendo Mateu, Ann Gottlieb, Jean-Marc Chaillan and Carlos Benaim. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Reviews of Chic for Men

Salutation.

CHIC?What a Perfect name. A very pleasant Surprise.It can Wear by people of any Age and probably can match all Tastes Because it Changes Your mood Everytime You wear it. Sophisticated, Elegant,Spicy,Sweet,Fresh,Enjoyable, Urban and Optimistic.

It smells fresh opening with Watermelon,Bergamot,A Lovely heart of Spice and A Warm base of Tonka bean,Sandalwood and Musk. In fact it is Aquatic at first but after a few minutes it starts to Spicy and Woody. It is Not too Heavy and not too Light.

CHIC is a A very Good all purpose fragrance.It works very well in any season Especially SPRING/AUTUMN. The Perfect scent for the OFFICE but also Surprisingly Subtle when wear in INTIMATE occasions.Ladies love it. It has a Definite sweet smell to it,but no doubt,it is a Masculine cologne.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?I wish it had better Longevity.

11th May, 2015
The best from CH , the best melon on top,great scent for all year round.
projects good lasts long and goes through different phases.
watermelon freshness to a bit darker lethery base.
04th October, 2014
Chic is a hard fragrance not to like, but for me, it's also a hard fragrance not to love. I find it to be very run of the mill, with a slight twist on it. Use of the watermelon note in the opening. The watermelon opening is watery, transparent, and not overly sweet, or synthetic which is a nice change of pace, for a fragrance like this. There's a little kick of pepper and woods there, but mostly, a hefty dose of lemon is what I get. Transitioning smoothly into suede, in the middle. A very woodsy base, as seen in the notes, with like a white musk, and some tonka. Tonka is not overdone, which I am grateful for, otherwise this would probably be a thumbs down for me.

I've heard some people call this fragrance "mind blowing". Well, it doesn't blow my mind, but it's not a bad scent. I think there are better though, in this genre. Overall, it wears a bit light on my skin. Projection is ok. What I mean by light.. it just doesn't feel like a very depthful fragrance, I expect more from my fragrances.
22nd September, 2014
Chic for Men is my favorite Carolina Herrera fragrance. I love the watermelon opening with fresh citrus. The dry down is peppery sweet and non-offensive. It is perfect for summer wear and the office. I get many compliments when I wear this fragrance.
11th June, 2014
This is by far the best fragrance from Carolina Herrera!
A great fragrance with so pleasant smell and very good quality.
The opening of this fragrance is semi sweet and fresh watermelon note, mixed with pepper and cinnamon.
The pepper is a bit strong at the opening but fades away quickly and after about 5 minutes it's almost gone!
So in the dry down you will have watermelon and cinnamon combo with some sweetness.
In the base, cinnamon start to decay slowly, giving space to cardamom to shine with watermelon and the sweetness still is there.
And finally watermelon is almost gone with sweet scent mixed with hint of woodsy notes in the background.
The projection is great and the longevity is good.
I get 5-7 hours and it's OK.
I think it's a great fragrance for spring and fall, but you can definitely wear it in summer and even winter!
It's so versatile.
22nd May, 2014
I seem to detect faint traces of banana and strawberry, not so much melon. Distant, generic spice and wood, but very weak. Also very powdery and I think it's not even unisex but flat out girly.

Could have been a neutral, but I detect a synthetic lipstick note in the drydown, and for me that means goodbye.
27th April, 2014

Add your review of Chic for Men

Shop for Chic for Men products online

Shop for Chic for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Chic for Men

Member images of Chic for Men

There are no member images of Chic for Men yet. Why not be the first?