Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino (2003)
by Monotheme

Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino information

Year of Launch2003

HouseMonotheme
Parent CompanyMavive

About Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino

Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino is a shared / unisex perfume by Monotheme. The scent was launched in 2003

Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino fragrance notes

Reviews of Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino

I kind of see the correlation with B*Men, only Tabaco Latino smells more like piss. This is probably my least worn fragrance in my wardrobe, but it does dry down pretty nicely. Either way, I got a big bottle for like 12 bucks or something, so it's not like I lost much.
01st February, 2015
Bigsly Show all reviews
Do you like the idea of B*Men but think it's too harsh or sharp? Now why don't we add a light tobacco note to that soft version of B*Men? Okay, here it is, and it's quite nice. It's not a cherry pipe tobacco note, nor is it a dry/leafy, nor is it the vanilla/dried fruit rendition in Tobacco Vanille. Perhaps it's best thought of a "blond" tobacco, and not being a smoker of anything, I can't really describe it in any more detail, but it certainly doesn't hide in the background here. It's a little sweet but nothing like the searing, loud gourmands of recent years. Some have said that B*Men has a "toasty" note, and this is what I perceive in TL. And there is also what I've called the "prune Danish pastry" accord (in a good way) that I sense in B*Men; I'm guessing that might be rhubarb, some spice, and a touch of amber. TL is light and I would certainly call it unisex. If you find the longevity to be a bit short, spray a couple times or more to the chest, and try to get some on your shirt. My view of TL seems to be the exact opposite of Turkish Hookah Dancer's, but keep in mind that I don't like "edgy" fragrances (ones that are "front loaded" with very strong or unusual notes, such as A*Men's tar note).

It's reasonably natural but a bit "thin," so if you are seeking niche-level quality and richness, I don't think you'll be satisfied. However, I can't think of a designer tobacco fragrance that is significantly better, and this one doesn't have the usual kind of tobacco note (dry/leafy, cherry pipe, etc.), and is as well-balanced as I can imagine, which for me is important because I find that tobacco fragrances can become irritating if they are not balanced well. I bought a few of these because I liked it so much, so I would consider swaps for something I'm seeking.

As to the notes, I found this a while a back on perfumania.com's web site:

"TOBACCO LATINO, the sweet and familiar aroma of the famous Cuban cigars. The base note, in which the rustic freshness of laurel, and clary sage is complemented by a touch of rum, and leads to a delicately flowery heart of lily of the valley, and freesia, complemented by the fruity tones of coconut, and raspberry. The richly woody background notes of vetiver, sandalwood, and cedarwood highlight the tobacco note, sweetened with a touch of honey."

I guess the coconut creates the toasty quality and the raspberry, wood, vetiver, and honey is responsible for the overall B*Men feel, only lighter. If there is rum here it's very subtle. Also, I don't get much of the herbs, but there is clearly some musk. Fortunately, I also don't get any strong freesia or lily of the valley, neither of which I appreciate in large doses. A perfumista told me that this is very similar to Vento Canale, which I have yet to sample. However, the notes to VC seem very similar to TL:

"Head: caribbean rum, clary sage, carrot seeds, davana.
Heart: cedar, lily.
Base: curry herb, ambra, tobacco, musk, honey, raspberry, vanilla, cacao, pine balm, vetiver."
19th February, 2011 (last edited: 09th August, 2011)
I agree with Peter. This fragrance is just hellish. like a hairy Marlboro smoker doused in Curve and industrial strength men's-bathroom air freshener, who's been wearing the same orange floral print pollyester shirt for a week.
06th September, 2006

Diamond Collection Classic (our version of Lacoste ) Cologne .Spray

End Date: Tuesday Apr-7-2020 10:23:59 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.49
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Emotions Perfume 3.4 fl oz EDP For Women Our Version Of Euphoria Spray Fragrance

End Date: Tuesday Apr-7-2020 11:10:54 PDT

End Date: Wednesday Apr-8-2020 10:10:30 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $13.40
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list

Member images of Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino

There are no member images of Classic Collection : Tabaco Latino yet. Why not be the first?