Rochas Man Intense (2002)
    by Rochas

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 17 ratings

Rochas Man Intense information

Rochas Man Intense is a men's fragrance by Rochas. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of Rochas Man Intense

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

KandeeMann2001's avatar

HANDS DOWN - the most edible and delicious men's fragrance...period!!

I am truly grateful to have found this fragrance. I had spent several hours searching online forums for edible, sweet gourmand fragrances - specifically ones that contained "breakfast" notes [brown sugar, maple syrup, sweet coffee, vanilla, etc.]. For some strange reason, the oils in my skin are such that everything I wear ends up smelling extremely sweet - so I eventually figured that I might as well go all out with it and just start buying sweet, syrupy fragrances. Pi, New Haarlem and Insurrection are mainstays in my restroom cabinet, plus I have two fragrance oils, Vermont Maple Syrup and French Toast, that I lightly layer on before applying them. Basically, I'm a walking, talking coffee shop :)

In any case, I found a "coffee, chocolate, cappuccino" thread in which someone mentioned that Rochas had created an "Intense" version of their fragrance and my interest was immediately piqued. There were very few reviews online, other than these here on Basenotes, but the notes sounded very intriguing to me and I simply couldn't resist. I managed to find a bottle on eBay, which I bought and just received this morning. Okay, now...what does it smell like? Brace yourself...

Right away, I got a BLAST of vanilla and cotton candy. But it's much thicker and deeper than one would expect. It's extremely warm and inviting. A few moments later, sweet buttery caramel and pink sugar. After a while, it settles down into an extraordinary mixture of cappuccino, mild lavender, coffee, vanilla. OMG, I can't even describe it. Can I be honest? It truly, actually smells like a vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting, or a huge billow of pink cotton candy...but a little bit wet, so it's got that crystallized sugary texture to it. And lastly, after having worn it for probably 8 hours or so, I'm getting - as usual - a think, rich, buttery maple syrup. But all of these smells are mature and grown up, very much like New Haarlem. None of this is "junior high school teenie bopper" stuff. Rochas has created a deeply dimensional, rich-smelling, well rounded fragrance here. As a man, I would rock this with SO much swagger, I kid you not.

I recommend Rochas Man Intense to any hardcore, die-hard gourmand lover. This stuff is not subtle and it holds nothing back - it is all the way, in your face, no-holds-barred sugary sweet vanilla, cotton candy, cappuccino, melted caramel, buttercream...you name it. Sillage and projection are magnificent. While I was in the grocery store check-out line a few hours ago, a woman behind me said: "Someone is wearing the most delicious men's cologne I have ever smelled in my life!" I didn't say anything and quietly continued with my purchase, but it just reassured me that this is definitely a winner. Longevity is also outstanding. I'm coming up on hour 9 and the smell is still strong and looks to last well into the night. If you find this anywhere, I urge you to buy it. This is a knockout fragrance for the holidays - especially with the spirit of warmth and love, the cool chill of the winter wind, and the nostalgic scents of sugar cookies, sweet cakes and holiday treats filling every home. Rochas Man Intense is a winner...period :)

Pros: Smells DELICIOUS, lasts all day long, extraordinary projection and silliage
    Cons: NONE!"

08 August, 2013

bcoops's avatar

man this stuff is delicious....like a bubble gum vanilla.....vanilla icing on a cup cake OMG

08 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 10th December, 2012)

Candide's avatar

Germany Germany

Rochas Man Intense is - in a splendid, poetic way - rather diffuse, whereas the regular one is more concise. The regular is higher pitched, the Intense in comparison of darker timbre. The Intense version seems altogether even more romantic to me and evokes the feeling of a grand gourmandy Eau de Parfum. I certainly don't spare sprays and apply generously for my own enjoyment. The vigour - some call it "sillage" - of the Intense version is, because of its thicker, broader texture, limited compared to the original, but therein lies its dreamy allure: "Speak softly love".

22 June, 2012

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

A note : This was originally made by M. Roucel but was re-formulated by J-M Duriez during 2008/2009.
    This review is for the latest version.

RM Intense starts out with fairly loud caramelisized lavender with baked bananas and sun ripened rasberries. Captivating right from the start, but I'm sure only for the lovers of well made gourmands (such as me).

Dries down in wonderful fashion : Refined and masterfully engineered fougere with hints of pink stuffed licorice and freshly roasted, fruity African coffee.

This one is subtle, long lasting and seducing fragrance. Right there in the top 10 of fragrances with edible, and more precicely, dessert like qualities.

05 March, 2011

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 5 days
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)