Fleur de Peau (2002)

Fleur de Peau information

Year of Launch2002

HouseKeiko Mecheri

About Fleur de Peau

Fleur de Peau is a shared / unisex perfume by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2002

Fleur de Peau fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleur de Peau

Thereís an off-putting chemical edge to Fleur de Peauís sweet, animalic leather opening that persists too long for my comfort. This element of discord is all the more distracting because Fleur de Peau is an extremely loud scent. Loud as in one spray fills the room. Without the off note Fleur de Peau might have been a bold, compelling fruity-animalic leather, roughly in the mold of Knize Ten. As it is, it smells like a compounding error. Avoid this if you know whatís good for you.
14th June, 2014
Keiko Mecheri's fragrances tend to be very light and very feminine
she definitely knows her clientele..and caters to their tastes well...
she usually keeps her fragrances light and powdery..
This is a slightly different .....
its very pronounced civet note is mixed well with leather ...
making it sensual and masculine

A powdery Russian Leather scent.

reminds me of TABAC BLOND

23rd August, 2012
I read some of the reviews of this and decided to try a sample. Normally, when I get these samples, I have to spray them to get the full scent, but with FDP, I could smell this before I took the cap off. It is very powerful. The smell filled my kitchen simply because I opened the cap off the sample. First smell on a piece of paper I noticed a civet and jasmine mix, with another note underneath these. I can get a hint of a fruit note, but itís not that strong.

I was kind of surprised of all of the reviews noting a strong leather note at the opening, because I couldnít smell it when I first sprayed it. However, when I applied it to my skin, I noticed it at once. The leather is very powerful. It instantly fills up a room. I put what I thought was a conservative amount on and someone noted that it was pretty strong. Of course, this was within a couple of minutes and it did die down (just a little, though). The leather was very strong on my skin and it almost smelled like a burnt leather. Different, but I did like it. I could smell the jasmine as well. FDP initially reminded me of Muglerís A Travers Le Miroir - not because they necessarily smell alike, but because the way the notes compliment each other. In ATM, the Absinthe and Tuberose donít really mix at all - both stand out pretty prominently. Itís the same way with FP. The leather and jasmine go together well, but they both smell pretty distinct.

Some have talked about the top notes being bad and I can see why they think so. Theyíre not necessarily a pleasant mix and it is nicer when it dries down. But, personally I donít mind the top notes. They are indeed stout, but in a good way IMO.

When the middle notes take over, the strong leather dies down and the civet takes over. The civet becomes pretty prominent so far as I can tell and leaves a nice mix of leather and civet through the rest of the wearing. Longevity is pretty good, over 6 hours (depending on how much you spray on I suppose).

All in all, I did like FDP. But Iím not sure this would be popular with anyone else. It seems like itís one of those fragrances that you either love or hate.
04th May, 2012
You gotta let this dry. The top notes are really bad. It's not harsh, it's just repugnant. A synthetic fruity, flower. It's very strong. After it does dry down (which is a long time) it becomes a nice powdery floral but it's not worth the wait.
07th October, 2008
It's not the worst scent I've ever tried, but it's pretty awful on my skin. In general I like Keiko Mecheri, so it pains me a bit that I find this fragrance rather putrid. As mentioned by others, the sillage is intense. This juice reminds me of chemistry lab, when we worked with the aromatic ring compounds. It smells of artificial flowers mixed with an aromatic non-alcohol based solvent, and then it becomes cloying in the dry down. One of my kids said it smells like a funeral parlor. They've never been to a funeral parlor, but imagined that this is what it would smell like. I can't say they're that far off!. A moderate disappointment!
08th June, 2008
Interesting, dry, and powdery. Smells something like if Knize Ten cut down on the leather and added some florals. It's almost TOO dry, but it still is worth a try.
01st February, 2007

Add your review of Fleur de Peau

Shop for Fleur de Peau products online

Search Amazon for Fleur de Peau

Member images of Fleur de Peau

There are no member images of Fleur de Peau yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Fleur de Peau