Fleur de Peau (2002)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Fleur de Peau

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

sfonativeboy's avatar
    sfonativeboy

Keiko Mecheri's fragrances tend to be very light and very feminine
    she definitely knows her clientele..and caters to their tastes well...
    she usually keeps her fragrances light and powdery..
    This is a slightly different .....
    its very pronounced civet note is mixed well with leather ...
    making it sensual and masculine

A powdery Russian Leather scent.

reminds me of TABAC BLOND

23 August, 2012

Amos Jolthead's avatar
    Amos Jolthead

I read some of the reviews of this and decided to try a sample. Normally, when I get these samples, I have to spray them to get the full scent, but with FDP, I could smell this before I took the cap off. It is very powerful. The smell filled my kitchen simply because I opened the cap off the sample. First smell on a piece of paper I noticed a civet and jasmine mix, with another note underneath these. I can get a hint of a fruit note, but itís not that strong.

I was kind of surprised of all of the reviews noting a strong leather note at the opening, because I couldnít smell it when I first sprayed it. However, when I applied it to my skin, I noticed it at once. The leather is very powerful. It instantly fills up a room. I put what I thought was a conservative amount on and someone noted that it was pretty strong. Of course, this was within a couple of minutes and it did die down (just a little, though). The leather was very strong on my skin and it almost smelled like a burnt leather. Different, but I did like it. I could smell the jasmine as well. FDP initially reminded me of Muglerís A Travers Le Miroir - not because they necessarily smell alike, but because the way the notes compliment each other. In ATM, the Absinthe and Tuberose donít really mix at all - both stand out pretty prominently. Itís the same way with FP. The leather and jasmine go together well, but they both smell pretty distinct.

Some have talked about the top notes being bad and I can see why they think so. Theyíre not necessarily a pleasant mix and it is nicer when it dries down. But, personally I donít mind the top notes. They are indeed stout, but in a good way IMO.

When the middle notes take over, the strong leather dies down and the civet takes over. The civet becomes pretty prominent so far as I can tell and leaves a nice mix of leather and civet through the rest of the wearing. Longevity is pretty good, over 6 hours (depending on how much you spray on I suppose).

All in all, I did like FDP. But Iím not sure this would be popular with anyone else. It seems like itís one of those fragrances that you either love or hate.

04 May, 2012

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

You gotta let this dry. The top notes are really bad. It's not harsh, it's just repugnant. A synthetic fruity, flower. It's very strong. After it does dry down (which is a long time) it becomes a nice powdery floral but it's not worth the wait.

07 October, 2008

lizzie_j's avatar
    lizzie_j

It's not the worst scent I've ever tried, but it's pretty awful on my skin. In general I like Keiko Mecheri, so it pains me a bit that I find this fragrance rather putrid. As mentioned by others, the sillage is intense. This juice reminds me of chemistry lab, when we worked with the aromatic ring compounds. It smells of artificial flowers mixed with an aromatic non-alcohol based solvent, and then it becomes cloying in the dry down. One of my kids said it smells like a funeral parlor. They've never been to a funeral parlor, but imagined that this is what it would smell like. I can't say they're that far off!. A moderate disappointment!

08 June, 2008

rach2jlc's avatar
    rach2jlc

Interesting, dry, and powdery. Smells something like if Knize Ten cut down on the leather and added some florals. It's almost TOO dry, but it still is worth a try.

01st February, 2007

ComDiva's avatar
    ComDiva

I tried this a year ago, courtesty of my good friends at Colonial Drug in Cambridge Mass. My first response was, "YUCK! I like complex florientals and vetivers, and you told me I needed to try *this*?!?" However, about half an hour in (give it more time, FragranceFan255), the civet and powder and leathery scents all melded and softened, and a delicious, slightly rose-scented overtone came through, grounded in leather. I went back a week later and bought a bottle. It's a tough scent to wear easily, but I view it (along with McQueen's "Kingdom") as one of my "connoisseur" scents.

05 November, 2006