Loukhoum (2002)

Loukhoum information

Year of Launch2002

HouseKeiko Mecheri

About Loukhoum

Loukhoum is a shared / unisex perfume by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of Loukhoum

Meriem Show all reviews
Wearing this is like getting tackled by the color pink, or perhaps mugged by a sugar-frosted unicorn. And yet, this assault is surprisingly delightful.

This is the most purely powdery scent I've ever smelled; I can pick out something that definitely puts me in mind of dates, along with the hawthorn and roses. But really, those things are almost beside the point. Mostly, it's about powder. Loukhoum's commitment to powder is so complete, it's admirable.

If you don't like powdery perfumes, this is probably not the one for you, but it truly takes "powdery" to a different level. Powder here is not insipid or meek; it's interesting and assertive.

I was taken aback by the thorough nature of Loukhoum's pink sugary powder-bomb quality at first, and then I was thoroughly charmed by it.
08th November, 2017
It has a wonderful,refreshing, healing aura.
On application a scent of almond extract which anticipates a following of Sugar, Amber and cloy. A pleasant surprise via vegetal tilt, that for a moment releases a slight citric like that of bitter orange, followed by the Cream of a beautiful Vanilla.
Gentle, Gorgeous, Subtle and totally Lovely!
15th November, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
It's a real shame about this one. My first impression, on application, was a dusty, musty sort of dry wood smell. Then it dried down into an old powder compact sort of smell with a touch of almond. And that was it for me – no rose, no floral notes, definitely no vanilla or honey. All I got was a dry, dusty, musty smell, which made me feel irritable. I gave it half an hour to see if it would evolve, but no. It just smelt more dusty and eventually it sent me hurrying to scrub it off. Obviously doesn't agree with my skin chemistry. Maybe the hawthorne, as I've not tried any perfumes with this note before. Pity, because the reviews have been so good on this one.
07th August, 2016
A masterpiece! Reminds me of Talc Gourmand also a very good one, along the talc, heavily powdery and sweet ones, although there's something to Loukhoum that is so intoxicating to become slowly addicting! I swear! It's so delicate and delicious, everyone loves it when i wear it... They wanna eat me up and i cannot blame them! lol It is Keiko Mecheri's true masterpiece for me, and, definitely one of a kind. I did not see among the key notes listed here above, Heliotrope. But, i am sure there's gotta be Heliotrope in this one! It's probably a well kept secret, cause the effect is mesmerizing and very unique. I delight myself with heliotrope infusions or perfumes who have it as prominent, so i can recognize that intense cherry/ almond, soft but strongly powdery scent heliotrope, a very shabby looking flower, always delivers. It might look indeed common, but there's nothing common about Heliotrope and its amazing use in perfumery! A must have for all lovers and romantic's or dreamers, or simply looking for happiness. That's the sensation i get immediately: love!
30th September, 2015
I adore this scent. Sweet. Powdery, long-lasting....I smell delicious wearing this. Not only does it make me happy, but others love it too. I love the pink, edible quality of it. And it's nice to see how much others like it on Me. There's a darkness under the pink that I really like. I smell this and read the negative reviews and have to marvel at how differently we all perceive the subjective qualities of scent. To me, this is all good. It's delightful....bad pun, great perfume! This is a big love.
09th November, 2014 (last edited: 16th November, 2014)
I make a good attempt to like this, but in the end it did not work for me.

The sweet opening was pleasant enough with the almonds kicking in.

I will stick to my L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore for my fix of Turkish Delight.
06th December, 2012

Add your review of Loukhoum

Shop for Loukhoum products online

Shop for Loukhoum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Loukhoum

Member images of Loukhoum

There are no member images of Loukhoum yet. Why not be the first?