Loukhoum (2002)

Loukhoum Fragrance notes

Hawthorne Blossoms, Bulgarian Rose, Vanilla Comores, Precious Woods

Shop for Loukhoum products online

Reviews of Loukhoum

Showing 1 to 6 of 22 reviews.

Primrose's avatar
    Primrose

I make a good attempt to like this, but in the end it did not work for me.

The sweet opening was pleasant enough with the almonds kicking in.

I will stick to my L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore for my fix of Turkish Delight.

06 December, 2012

Sniffmonkey's avatar
    Sniffmonkey

Didn't like this at all when I first tried it, but now on a cold Autumn day I have really enjoyed its soft, sweet, comforting quality. This is a scent I would wear for me rather than to please others - it's a soft rose with icing sugar and vanilla, and a slightly musty effect which I guess is the hawthorn? It's in the same powdery-gourmand vein as pc02, but this is less 'high pitched' and more introspective. It won't be everyone's cup of chai, but my opinion of it has changed dramatically. I suppose you've just got to be in the right mood!

03 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 08 April, 2013)

Aznavour's avatar
    Aznavour

I guess you either enjoy smelling like baby powder, or you don't. Never thought I ever would, but here we are. Loukhoum is comforting and sexy at the same time, persistent but never overpowering, a cloud of talc above florals, almond, vanilla, and musk.

In short: lovely, more subtle than it seems, tons of fun, pretty bottle, great value. What's not to like?

24 May, 2011

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

Sweet and powdery goodness. I can't tell if Loukhoum is childish or refined, but this ambiguity makes it more interesting to me. Powdery enough to be in danger of comparisons with talc and the like but in keeping with the dessert theme. The rose and musk reign in the sweetness just enough. Feels very 'pink.' I could never leave the house with it on, but I do like it and it smells great on my girlfriend.

23 April, 2010

foetidus

I’ve tested about four or five fragrances based on the Turkish delight concept, and in my mind, this one is unquestionably the best. Keiko Mecheri’s Loukhoum doesn’t go over the top with gooey sweetness, nor does it get unbalanced in its handling of its several dynamic floral and fruit notes. Loukhoum presents its refined rose / honey / almond accord in a way that features the sweetness and lusciousness, but with the perfect timbre for wearing as a fragrance. The musks, woods, and vanilla of the base are beautifully presented, discreet, and long lasting. I love this one.

01st February, 2010

JessicaGrace's avatar
    JessicaGrace

Starts off with a weird singed note like burnt sugar + pipe tobacco, strongly felt under a light haze of powder. In retrospect, this was my favorite part of the ride. The powdery cloud unfurls, and for a while that strange dark bottom anchors it while some pretty rosy and nutty notes appear in glimpses through the fog. At this point I still like it, with reservations, but the powder keeps unfurling, getting pinker and pinker and sweeter and sweeter. At some point, it actually becomes embarrassing -- I wouldn't want anyone to think I chose to smell this way. In the morning, I still smelled powder and pinkness on the back of my hand where I had sampled. Not nice.

03 September, 2009