Armani Code / Black Code (2004)
by Giorgio Armani

PerfumerAntoine Lie
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Code / Black Code

Giorgio Armani's first masculine oriental-style fragrance is Black Code. Armani say that it is elegant and understated and that the bottle is inspired by the "satin lapels of an Armani tuxedo".
The name was changed in 2005 from Black Code to Armani Code.

Armani Code / Black Code fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code

I'd echo marcoz' review below, albeit less enthusiastically. I feel like, objectively, this is a good scent. My S.O. has worn it from time to time and I've found it perfectly acceptable.

Last night though, I was transferring it into a new atomizer since the original one had broken. I spilled some on my hands and was just totally repulsed for hours after the fact. I think, like marcoz, the problem for me is the star anise. I generally enjoy the other listed notes. I even like most spicy notes. This one is a no go for me though.

Neutral review because I really dislike it up close (and suspect other anise opponents would feel the same), but my general impression of it when worn by someone else is that it's nice enough.
02nd February, 2016
This is a tricky one for me. sometimes i love it, some times i don't care for it. I think this is because of the star anis note..i hate anis!!

but do't get me wrong, this is a very, very sexy, smooth sweet scent, with a fresh citrus opening, that women find very attractive.

that combination of citrus and sweetnes, is what makes this scent so smooth. most sweet scents can be cloying, and most citrus scents are week, so think of this as something in between.

This is a perfect date scent, for all seasons, specially at night. you will smell sexy and fresh at the same time.

8.5/10
13th September, 2015
Nice, commercial GA fragrance.
Opening notes are very nice, but that's about it for me.
Suits 18 to 23 year olds maybe..
Not a special fragrance, but more an everyday scent.
I love nearly ALL G.Armani - My least fav in the range

Why this has continued to be in production and ATTITUDE discontinued is a mystery to my liking.
07th September, 2015
I really liked it at the store,but when i finally bought it it was gone after a half hour,couldn't smell anything after that.So a real waste of money!!!
10th April, 2015
Armani Code or Code Black is a very nice fragrance of a common designer house theme using spiced citrus over woods and vanilla. This fragrance is noticeably popular with the younger men that I work with. In fact, they each seem to prefer it to all other scents about 4 of the 5 days in a work week.

Nothing wrong with wearing what you like, but why smell exactly like every other 30 yr old male in your office building?

Neutral for me because it's worn me out.
07th April, 2015 (last edited: 08th April, 2015)
Salutation.

ARMANI CODE is very popular for two obvious reason.

1:when you wearning it,you fell like you are in an DREAM.
2:It is definitely a SEDUCTIVE in a SUBTLE and ELEGANT way and demands attention as ladies swoon over this fragrance.

Yes one of my favorite fragrances.it is the better than ATTITUDE for me.the top notes is fresh and sweet with a little spicy but not too hot but middle/base are in a warm way.

Perfunctory ARMANI CODE is all about a confident man,definitely for a man ready to go at special occasions in autumn/winter evenings and too this smells great on my skin and longevity is good.

16th December, 2014

Add your review of Armani Code / Black Code

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code products online

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani Code / Black Code

Member images of Armani Code / Black Code

There are no member images of Armani Code / Black Code yet. Why not be the first?