Armani Code / Black Code (2004)
by Giorgio Armani

Armani Code / Black Code information

Year of Launch2004

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu
PerfumerAntoine Lie
SupplierGivaudan

About Armani Code / Black Code

Giorgio Armani's first masculine oriental-style fragrance is Black Code. Armani say that it is elegant and understated and that the bottle is inspired by the "satin lapels of an Armani tuxedo".
The name was changed in 2005 from Black Code to Armani Code.

Armani Code / Black Code fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code

I really liked it at the store,but when i finally bought it it was gone after a half hour,couldn't smell anything after that.So a real waste of money!!!
10th April, 2015
Armani Code or Code Black is a very nice fragrance of a common designer house theme using spiced citrus over woods and vanilla. This fragrance is noticeably popular with the younger men that I work with. In fact, they each seem to prefer it to all other scents about 4 of the 5 days in a work week.

Nothing wrong with wearing what you like, but why smell exactly like every other 30 yr old male in your office building?

Neutral for me because it's worn me out.
07th April, 2015 (last edited: 08th April, 2015)
Salutation.

ARMANI CODE is very popular for two obvious reason.

1:when you wearning it,you fell like you are in an DREAM.
2:It is definitely a SEDUCTIVE in a SUBTLE and ELEGANT way and demands attention as ladies swoon over this fragrance.

Yes one of my favorite fragrances.it is the better than ATTITUDE for me.the top notes is fresh and sweet with a little spicy but not too hot but middle/base are in a warm way.

Perfunctory ARMANI CODE is all about a confident man,definitely for a man ready to go at special occasions in autumn/winter evenings and too this smells great on my skin and longevity is good.

16th December, 2014
I got a whiff of this on someone and was intrigued enough that I couldn't resist inquiring. I'm in my mid to late 30's, the gentleman was most likely in his mid to late 40's, and it struck me as a fragrance for the that age and up crowd. Mind you, I don't buy into whether or not someone is old enough to "pull off" a fragrance. I gravitate towards powerhouses and wear the likes of Polo "Green" and Kouros unapologetically and have never received any criticism, only compliments (granted, I'm a 1-2 spray guy). But somehow this one gives me the impression of a more mature crowd shall we say? Yet not only do I like it, my wife who is just barely in her mid-20's LOVES it. This one appears to be by far her favorite in my collection, followed by Art of Shaving's Sandalwood, meanwhile Aqua Di Gio, which I got thinking, "Wifey will like this!", is one that she doesn't mind at all but really doesn't get excited about - go figure! My point? Forget preconceived notions about age - do you like it, do you want to wear it?

This remains in my collection/rotation. The wife's strong, STRONG affinity for it certainly plays a factor in that, but I think it would still hold its place though I'd be tempted at times to downgrade it out from there. Really my only issue with it is that it's simply too powdery to me. That's... part of its whole presentation, which is coherent, but I'd personally dial that aspect back a notch or three, makes me cough a bit and is a bit rough in that manner if I'm still smelling of it while trying to fall asleep at night (honestly, for that reason, I'm a bit strategic in when I wear it, based on schedule/plans with the mrs.). Now... I should add that for me personally, the descriptors "powdery" and "manly" can be at odds with each other. The Original Clubman aftershave manages to achieve a functional balance with this. Armani Code... pulls it off so that it's still a masculine fragrance, but at the same time the powdery aspect is excessive for me. None the less, a fragrance that's masculine in the sense that it has a reassuring confidence to it. It doesn't shout, yet it does have presence and... I would say it has a sense of quiet command. It's sort of inconspicuous yet gets your attention, unique without really sticking out.

In any case, this one is certainly accessible enough to get a whiff of it at many department store fragrance sections, so no need to blind buy.
19th October, 2014
Decent opening of citrus, bergamot, spices, aldehydes, on vanillin and soft woods. General – and generic – sharp cleanness, that kind of contemporary cheap "elegance" you smell in gyms, offices, downtown bars... not stinky, but terribly dull.

08th July, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

A perfectly decent and rather "clean" oriental, but far too tame for me to get worked up about. Yes, it's an oriental you can wear during the daytime and in business settings, but that may only be because it's just a little bland. Harmless, really, and harmless is not something I look for from this kind of scent.

Little sillage on me, and absolutely no development or staying power.
10th June, 2014

Add your review of Armani Code / Black Code

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code products online

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani Code / Black Code

Member images of Armani Code / Black Code

There are no member images of Armani Code / Black Code yet. Why not be the first?