Armani Code / Black Code (2004)
by Giorgio Armani

PerfumerAntoine Lie
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Code / Black Code

Giorgio Armani's first masculine oriental-style fragrance is Black Code. Armani say that it is elegant and understated and that the bottle is inspired by the "satin lapels of an Armani tuxedo".
The name was changed in 2005 from Black Code to Armani Code.

Armani Code / Black Code fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code

Powdery masculine fragrance. Good fragrance throw. Lasts about 4 hours on my skin. That is normal for any cologne on me.
08th September, 2016
This gets a slight thumbs up. I like the opening and the dry down... The middle is a slight struggle for me and once the dry down hits its mostly a skin scent that fades within 4 hours on me. Disappointing for the performance but the opening (Classic bergamot / citrus) and the dry down although (Guiac Wood and Tonka) is great. I wouldn't use this as a formal scent (Bottle designed after a gentleman in a tuxedo) but for a date would work. Enjoy!
02nd August, 2016
This fragrance reminds me of so many things at the same time,
i) a Mosquito liquid repellent
ii) Cheap car perfume
iii) Toilet freshener

There is definitely a cheap ingredient in here that reminds me of the above mentioned.

Projection: 4/10
Longevity: 3-4 hours max

20th June, 2016
One of the moste fine and elegant fragrances! It is, in my opinion, the timeless symbol of masculine elegance.
In fact, all Armani fragrances are very well done, having high quality essences.
02nd June, 2016
I'd echo marcoz' review below, albeit less enthusiastically. I feel like, objectively, this is a good scent. My S.O. has worn it from time to time and I've found it perfectly acceptable.

Last night though, I was transferring it into a new atomizer since the original one had broken. I spilled some on my hands and was just totally repulsed for hours after the fact. I think, like marcoz, the problem for me is the star anise. I generally enjoy the other listed notes. I even like most spicy notes. This one is a no go for me though.

Neutral review because I really dislike it up close (and suspect other anise opponents would feel the same), but my general impression of it when worn by someone else is that it's nice enough.
02nd February, 2016
This is a tricky one for me. sometimes i love it, some times i don't care for it. I think this is because of the star anis note..i hate anis!!

but do't get me wrong, this is a very, very sexy, smooth sweet scent, with a fresh citrus opening, that women find very attractive.

that combination of citrus and sweetnes, is what makes this scent so smooth. most sweet scents can be cloying, and most citrus scents are week, so think of this as something in between.

This is a perfect date scent, for all seasons, specially at night. you will smell sexy and fresh at the same time.

8.5/10
13th September, 2015

Add your review of Armani Code / Black Code

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code products online

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani Code / Black Code

Member images of Armani Code / Black Code

There are no member images of Armani Code / Black Code yet. Why not be the first?