Armani Code / Black Code (2004)
by Giorgio Armani

PerfumerAntoine Lie
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Code / Black Code

Giorgio Armani's first masculine oriental-style fragrance is Black Code. Armani say that it is elegant and understated and that the bottle is inspired by the "satin lapels of an Armani tuxedo".
The name was changed in 2005 from Black Code to Armani Code.

Armani Code / Black Code fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code

It's not bad, but maybe it's the unpleasant olive flower that keeps prodding me in the midst of an otherwise decent, oriental aroma scent with potential.

It seems to have too much happening inside of it - or perhaps not the right composition - for it to grab me as its greatly refined and well-made flankers have (i.e. Armani Code Ultimate, Profumo, Special Blend).

Best suited for casual outings, I think. (And this seems to have been the scent to replace Emporio Armani Night, a discontinued masterpiece which I sorely miss.)
17th March, 2017
Sweet in a masculine way without being cloying, this is a sexy smell for an evening night. Good year-round for all sorts of weather. I like it enough to pick up a second bottle once my first runs out.
07th November, 2016
Powdery masculine fragrance. Good fragrance throw. Lasts about 4 hours on my skin. That is normal for any cologne on me.
08th September, 2016
This gets a slight thumbs up. I like the opening and the dry down... The middle is a slight struggle for me and once the dry down hits its mostly a skin scent that fades within 4 hours on me. Disappointing for the performance but the opening (Classic bergamot / citrus) and the dry down although (Guiac Wood and Tonka) is great. I wouldn't use this as a formal scent (Bottle designed after a gentleman in a tuxedo) but for a date would work. Enjoy!
02nd August, 2016
This fragrance reminds me of so many things at the same time,
i) a Mosquito liquid repellent
ii) Cheap car perfume
iii) Toilet freshener

There is definitely a cheap ingredient in here that reminds me of the above mentioned.

Projection: 4/10
Longevity: 3-4 hours max

20th June, 2016
One of the moste fine and elegant fragrances! It is, in my opinion, the timeless symbol of masculine elegance.
In fact, all Armani fragrances are very well done, having high quality essences.
02nd June, 2016

Add your review of Armani Code / Black Code

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code products online

Shop for Armani Code / Black Code at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani Code / Black Code

Member images of Armani Code / Black Code

There are no member images of Armani Code / Black Code yet. Why not be the first?