Scent Sheer (2003)

PackagingEnnio Capasa
Parent CompanyKao > Kanebo > Maxibell
Parent Company at launchKanebo > Maxibell

About Scent Sheer

An 'Eau Fraîche version of last years 'Scent'.

Reviews of Scent Sheer

I'm not particularly fond of these synthetic musky ambery concoctions but, if you like the genre, Sheer Scent could represent a valid option expecially when it comes to quality/price ratio. Both Le Labo and Fueguia are offering similar fragrances at three times the price of SS.

01st November, 2013
Synthetic musk.

19th July, 2013
Since the sudden rise in temperature in my country, sales people have been throwing many Summer friendly scents under my nose. Scent Sheer was one of those fragrances that got forced upon me.

Scent Sheer, to my nose at least, is a linear blend of white musk and citrus. It's clean, Summery and pure, just like the sales person described, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

There's a hint of synthetic jasmine in there somewhere, however the scent itself is so transparent that you don't experience it for long. I'm not sure whether it was worth releasing this fragrance as it doesn't seem very niche to me at all. It's a bit of a let-down for Costume National.

Scent Sheer is like the name suggests, uber-light, so don't expect marvellous sillage here. I must add however the impressive longevity which has managed to win me over.

For a clean, crisp white musk I turn to White Moss by Acca Kappa, however for the more feminine niche-enthusiasts, Scent Sheer, I must admit, is a nice alternative.
04th April, 2012
Overall, Costume National SCENT SHEER strikes me as the musky base of a perfume composition which was abruptly aborted by an ADD-afflicted perfumer when another project of seemingly higher priority popped up. The opening has an attention-grabbing high-pitched "white noise" note--neither floral nor fruity, nor animal, mineral or vegetable, it seems to me!--which might have melded well with, by infusing energy into, the far more numerous components of a more complex perfume. But the "white noise" note in this composition strikes me as slightly irritating, indecently exposed as it is in this nearly nude perfume.

Once SCENT SHEER has dried down, what remains is a clean musk skin scent--an eau de peau, if you will--which is not entirely unappealing but seems understated to the point of being nearly an eau de eau. Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps SCENT SHEER is the precursor to the "molecule" movement in avant garde perfumery? Hmmm...
11th August, 2011
Screechy and high pitched fruity floral that's too light to fully enjoy.
08th October, 2008
This is my pick of the three originals. It is very similar to Scent but with a softer fruiter note, overall not as sharp. It has better staying power on my skin too.
21st December, 2007

Add your review of Scent Sheer

Shop for Scent Sheer products online

Shop for Scent Sheer at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Scent Sheer

Member images of Scent Sheer

There are no member images of Scent Sheer yet. Why not be the first?