Mans (2004)

Parent Company at launchICR > ITF Cosmetics

About Mans

Mans is a masculine fragrance by Gai Mattiolo. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Mans

I smell just a touch of rubber-petroleum, abundant citrus, some violet leaves (and this is the Fahrenheit very vague reminiscence ) and than a conventional soapy-detergent sporty-aquatic a la Byblos Original (or may be Heaven Chopard) plus some herbs, patchouli and a woody-musky base with a touch of ambergris, cedar and tonka. Energizing and dynamic. I like the final masculine smoky-ambery-herbal sporty virility. Not bad.
16th May, 2012
I got sample of this fragrance because I want something similar to great Fahrenheit. But to my dissapointment I found nothing interesting in Man's. I found no similarites between Fahrenheit and Man's exept maybe in the opening. And that wouldn't be a problem if Man's was any good to my nose, but it wasn't. It was just strange in a bad way.
11th October, 2006
I must admit that rareness of this scent makes it even more pleasurable for me, as it brings the certain intimate feel to it.
Quite an amazing situation actually : It seems that I`m truly the one and only person at the Basenotes who wears this scent!

I love it, I absolutely love this fragrance. It has something unexplainable power which I find extremely compelling. I`d say this isn`t very much of a rich, deep or complex type of a fragrance. It is just...capturing.

Made by Maurice Roucel by himself, this scent is a weird and unique citrus/floral blend. I don`t know anything like it, but if I should give you a clue, think of something in between Fahrenheit and Moschino Uomo and you just might get a slight taste of it.

GM Mans starts off with crispy bergamot flood with very clear synthetic vibe. This isn`t a problem with me, because I love scents with synthetic nuances. This one reminds me of a captivating smell of a floor wax.

This isn`t a scent with great projection : Those bergamot and synth notes remain through this fragrance in obvious fashion, only getting some company from violets, apples, sweet ginger and cool, airy type of musks. Perhaps a gentle touch of woods at the bottom, although this is definitely not a woody fragrance by any means.
Lasting power is completely flawless on me; 10 hours can be reached quite easily.

I don`t know what Mr. Roucel was thinking when he made this fragrance. And still, I have a great reason to be thanfull to him for the rest of my life,
giving me this personal fragrance. The only downside with the lack of popularity is the danger of discontinuing. So I must stock this heavenly juice well. Don`t never wanna loose these spritzes, because there is not too many fragrances that have a quality to take me away...to somewhere better.
23rd September, 2006

Add your review of Mans

Shop for Mans products online

Search Amazon for Mans

Member images of Mans

There are no member images of Mans yet. Why not be the first?