The One for Men (2008)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One for Men

The One for Men is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

The One for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of The One for Men

Smells of a spicy cinnamon vanilla air freshener for your bathroom around Christmas time. Not offensive, but not something I want to smell like. I don't get much grapefruit and it is gone fast leaving a synthetic cloying mess I want washed off.
02nd December, 2015
Fantastic fragrance, perfect for casual day wear. Easily makes my top 20 of best smelling fragrances. You know when you just want to smell good? This is one of those fragrances. And the discounting makes it a no-brainer.

The performance issues with this fragrance subsided in my case after the bottle had macerated a couple of months after use.
01st December, 2015
Woody and sweet. I went into the store hoping to buy something else when I stumbled on this. Let's just say I'm glad I got it. For the records, this lasts the whole day on me and projects just fine.
27th November, 2015
bigbz Show all reviews
Not much to say or add, except that after owning/sampling around 350+ different scents over the last 7yrs....this is still my ALL time favorite fragrance for a reason!

The smell contained in this bottle is the best/closest thing this side of heaven that my nose will ever experience. I get a perfectly balanced sweet amber/tobacco accord with a little spice and woods....and sometimes a sweet peppermint note peeks it's head in and joins the party as well.(love it when that happens) 5 stars, two thumbs up masterpiece!!!

Thankfully, I get above average longevity out of it...projection however is a bit lacking after the first few hours. But for something that smells this wonderful, if shy projection is the only thing I can find wrong with it....I can easily live with that.:)
17th November, 2015 (last edited: 18th November, 2015)
This fragrance is really hard to place. It definitely does not smell synthetic, but it's not that complex. I does not smell masculine, but I would not call it uni-sex. Basically, it smells like orange peel and spices, yet there is something indescribable going on in the background. It's simultaneously cerebral and elegant, but simple. Frankly, I enjoy the smell of it, but I can't possibly think of any occasion I might actually wear it. Sadly, sillage is a bit of a joke, and projection degrades rapidly after an hour. If you like this fragrance, buy a large bottle because you will be hitting the trigger a lot.

07th November, 2015
Smells alcoholic, and not nice at all. Not even worth a bottle at clearance prices.
01st November, 2015