The One for Men (2008)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One for Men

The One for Men is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

The One for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of The One for Men

While it smells good, actually great, I don't see it as a versatile fragrance whatsoever. Definitely warm, classy, and sensual, overall it's just not my style. It could be said that it is sweet, almost syrupy sweet.

As with any fragrance, I'm sure this has it's person and place, but unfortunately there are far superior options when a classy scent is warranted for this average Joe.

The only thing barely keeping me from trading this in is the gorgeous bottle. But when that's the only thing left...
16th February, 2018
Zero longevity, zero sillage on me. I find it close to boring. I bought it because I remembered how good it smelled one time on a friend a few years ago. Could be due to a reformulation that I'm disappointed now and put my bottle on sale. It's not even even worth the money with discount.
08th February, 2018
The One is one of the few scents where I feel like I can smell almost every note listed. It's just one of those scents that goes in many different directions. Fresh, sweet, woody, herbal, tobacco, citrus, floral...it's all there.

In the opening, the citrus stands out above the green and cardamom notes. Later, the drydown is sweet tobacco and woods. Not smoky, just green tobacco leaves.

Seems versatile for day or nighttime. Best-suited to cooler weather. Projection is average but longevity is good, lasts all workday.

07th January, 2018
Classy, distinct fragrance from Dolce & Gabbana!

Reminds me remotely of their By Man scent from a decade ago (now discontinued), with its sweet ginger and floral vibe. Has a nostalgic quality to it akin to scents like Baldessarini Concentrée (except not as loud). I also sense elements of Lagerfeld's Jako in this one, though not as loud and cloying.

The One for Men EdT is an oriental-spicy fragrance that sticks out from the typical offerings you'd find at most larger cologne counters, but it's not for everyone IMO. A test spritz would be in order!

22nd February, 2017 (last edited: 23rd February, 2017)
Tempr Show all reviews
First review. Blind purchase. No regrets. Gets really close to the skin quickly but lasts long on my skin.
18th January, 2017
horrible , synthetic and only upside is its amazing looking bottle
11th January, 2017