The One for Men (2008)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One for Men

The One for Men is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

The One for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of The One for Men

This is by far my favorite frag! The combination of the amber with a slight tobacco and ginger brings this frag from being just some ordinary frag to a great one!

The dry down is just as good as the initial spray. The initial spray is a little strong but it doesn't last long (30 minutes). After that it is just amazing!!

I would wear this to any occasion- including work. Not really sure if it is date material. I like the frag a lot, but I think that a lot of people know of it and it might be a little too noticeable. I think that you should wear a nice different frag for a date.

Overall: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Sillage: 6/10

I would get the EDP version to increase longevity and sillage.

**I am actually seriously thinking of making this my signature scent**
07th August, 2016
A very seductive scent, like catnip for females.. Starts with citrus and a very sweet vibe but soon settles down to a coconutty leathery amber.. Stays close to the skin and seduces anyone that gets in close.. Like a Venus fly trap.. Beautiful mainstream amber leather.. Like adg is to aquatics, this is to the amber and leather.. A consumers dream and one I over looked because of the cringe worthy advert.. Eventually bought into things and glad I did.. Better late than never.. Longevity is like any other average edt, I've tried the perfume version and that lasts about 45 mins longer but doesn't project as well and has a sweeter vibe. Better off buying hundred mls edt and going crazy with it. Hugo boss have released an effort in the same vain called (the scent).. Epic fail lol. If your a serial dater this fragrance is your Swiss army knife.
13th June, 2016
In my view, a stone cold classic and right now one of about only four fragrances I would find it hard to do without. The criticisms of performance are misguided; this is not about casting a miasma, but about understated elegance. So your object of desire may have to get up close to smell you... Not really a problem, is it?

I don't get much by way of top notes in that what is listed as the heart is so immediately to the fore. The transition from ginger and orange blossom to the terrific base of cedar, tobacco and ambergris is one of the most seamless transitions I have come across in male perfumery. In fact, I don't remember any scent doing tobacco as sensitively and accessibly as The One.

Nowadays reserved for date nights. Although the EDT is adequate for my needs, I look forward to trying the EDP, which was an unaccountably long time in coming.
30th May, 2016
Elegant and sexy. I get some citrus in the opening and quickly settles into a smooth tobacco bassed scent. It has certain sweetness which makes it really appealing.

Longevity is average on my skin, low sillage though. Overall, a great fragrance that gains many compliments.
03rd May, 2016
There is nothing cheap about this one. Great, classy and elegant scent that gives you confidence and makes you stand out of the boys club.
08th April, 2016
Very nice manly and elegant composition
26th March, 2016