The One for Men (2008)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One for Men

The One for Men is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

The One for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of The One for Men

Probably my number one 'comfort' scent -- putting this on feels like wearing my favorite pair of jeans... it simply fits just right. Smooth and warm; somehow, the combo of tobacco and cardamom and ginger gives me the atmosphere of baked cookies without a heavy gourmand feel. Imagine eating a muffin on a warm autumn day in the woods -- that's what this scent evokes for me.

Longevity is average (barely), but don't let that scare you away. An all around great scent.
11th March, 2015
This stuff is really top notch,but just doesn't last that long.For that 4 stars and not 5..but the scent is amazing
27th February, 2015
This one indeed smells nice, but it is too stong and long lasting for my taste and on my skin. Be careful not to overapply this!
05th February, 2015 (last edited: 06th February, 2015)
I so wanted to fall in love with The One for Men by D&G, but, alas, it was not to be. Fragrance-wise, itís wonderful, beautiful, I canít say enough good about it! Actually probably one of my favorite scents, which is the reason for the Thumbs Up. I donít have the refined nose of many here so Iím not great at always deciphering all the notes, but at first spray I just got a sweet, spicy vibe (never specifically smelled grapefruit). It did evolve frequently over the course of the drydown, and the end result on me is a soft, beautiful sweet amber and tobacco that I could sniff all day.

The problem for me is that itís too soft for my personal taste. If youíre the type man who only wants some special girl or guy to smell you when their head is on your chest or snuggled into your neck, then this would work out exceptionally well. I, however, like fragrances with a little more projection. I donít need to fill the room, but if youíre standing a few feet away in conversation I want you to at least pick up a good whiff, and that doesnít happen for me with The One. I tend toward drier skin so always use lots of moisturizer, and hoped that would help with the staying power of this but it didnít seem to. This scent would work very well as a professional office scent since I doubt it would offend anyone and it sits fairly close to the skin on me. I think this could be worn year-round, and might possibly even work as unisex for some women.

When I first put this on, I got a slight projection but after about 4 hours it has dwindled into just a nice skin scent, and I really have to shove my nose into my wrist or tuck my face into my shirt to smell it (I did 2 sprays on chest, 1 on each wrist, and 1 at base of neck). If this had more strength Iíd buy a bottle and wear it regularly because I absolutely love how it smells. But, I think Iím going to take a pass on this ďOneĒ and hope to find something that may excite my nose as much as this does but with more oomph!

As always, your results may vary!
27th January, 2015
This fragrance is literally perfect for me.

I hate scents worn by teenagers or men that you can smell from miles away such as 1 Million.

I was looking for a classy fragrance that smells good and can be smelt by me and someone close to me...

This is it.

I've tried out Dior Homme (&intense) which I found classy but overpowering and too flowery. Chanel Allure Homme was way too synthetic for me and annoyingly strong.

D&G The One means I won't offend, but compliments my sharp suit, designer watch and winter coat ;)

People moan about longevity but I can smell the fragrance still 10 hours after applying up close.

Happy days :)
11th November, 2014
I've sampled The One several times now and I'm definitely getting the bottle. I for one think this is Dolce & Gabbana's best male frag. I tried pour homme and it just doesn't work as well as The One. The One has a beautiful arrangement of notes and the tobacco dry down is great! As far as projection and longevity of it...I haven't had any issues yet. I really don't know what people want in colognes but sounds like some people want to get smelled all the way across the room. A wise basenoter once told me " not everything is meant to be blasted" this is a nice everyday/ date night scent that is classy as well as relaxed. No harsh note in the beginning no horrible smelling dry down. It's just right! I definitely plan on making thisy fall signature scent.

P.s. If you're having issues with longevity then use lotion and apply it to the spot you want to spray and you should be smelling it for hours. I do this with bvgari black all the time!
09th October, 2014

Add your review of The One for Men

Shop for The One for Men products online

Shop for The One for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for The One for Men

Member images of The One for Men

There are no member images of The One for Men yet. Why not be the first?