Unforgivable (2005)

PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyPerfumania Holdings > Parlux
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies > M.A.C

About Unforgivable

Unforgivable is a masculine fragrance by Sean John. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Aurélien Guichard and David Apel

Unforgivable fragrance notes

Reviews of Unforgivable

I bought this because they claim it is 80 to 90 percent as good as Millesime Imperial. They don't sell either of them where I live, so I decided to blind buy the cheaper of the two to test it out and maybe buy MI later... what can I say? I sure hope MI doesn't smell anything like this.

Don't blind buy this is my suggestion to you guys. Especially not the 4.2 Oz like I did haha.
03rd December, 2016
Like squeezing a fresh orange in an abandoned dusty leather workshop. Makes my nose clog up. I used to like it at some point, but then realized I didn’t.
07th November, 2016
opens with a slightly sour herb flavored citrus...hard to pick out an individual citrus note...just blends into one citrusy accord...greenish herby flavoring...a little sweetness...agree a little with comparisons other reviewers have made...I can see this being a mutant offspring of a beachfront romance between MI and B#9 Wall Street...has somewhat of an aquatic fresh feel to it...this would be pretty good, and I might have kept it in my wardrobe, but alas, as is often with me and this type of fragrance-it starts with a nice blast, but the projection dies on me after about 15m and within 2 hours or so I can't really smell it at all...does have a half way decent ambery/woody/sweet mid and drydown...so, this is one of the scents I'm purging from my wardrobe and gifting to a friend at work...
FB worthy if you're into this kind of scent and can get a good deal
Aromatic Citrusy Aquatic
18th January, 2016
A blast of synthetic orange, albeit non offensive, then poof gone nothing. Waste of time.
04th December, 2015
As mysterious a fragrance as when I first tried and purchased it in 2006, Sean John's Unforgivable still doesn't have an exact purpose among my growing collection. It's not the winter heavy-hitter, the dynamite for a first date, nor is it light enough to be applied in volume for a summer day. It falls somewhere in the nexus of the summer night and the winter day scent, due mainly to the pairing of the usual opening citrus with host of unusual spices. It's inviting but not seductive; not fresh, but not heavy, either.

Luckily, it's come down in price to be available on the discount sites, since it's unimpressive with respect to projection and longevity and probably doesn't merit the retail price, unlike some niche or high-end options that do actually knock the ball out of the park.

I fail to understand the comparisons to Creed Millesime Imperial but generally speaking, that goes as praise in the community, even though I don't worship MI as many do. Nonetheless, I'd recommend trying Unforgivable to get your own sense and not take for granted the MI likeness that has been pointed out a lot.

I also fail to describe this since I have a difficult time detecting notes. It's worthy of a try. I thought the world of this when it came out in 2006 but I've since mellowed the point of only wearing it a few times a year at most. I admit that I wouldn't buy it now but Unforgivable does remain to have high marks for uniqueness, at least to me.

6 out of 10
14th September, 2015
bmn Show all reviews
Only a wee bit reminiscent of Luck & Love on the dry down. Luck & Love is a much brighter scent. I only tried MI when I was at Neiman Marcus once, and it did smell very similar to Luck & Love, which I happened to find at Ross for 4.99 for 1.7 ml (best blind buy ever).

The citrus is quite heavy in the opening -- I interpreted it as a dark "berry" scent. It isn't a lemony type citrus.

Not love at first sniff, but not instant hate, either. I think this would work well on a spring or maybe summer evening, after wearing Luck & Love during the day.
10th April, 2014

Add your review of Unforgivable

Shop for Unforgivable products online

Shop for Unforgivable at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Unforgivable