Paradise for Men (2003)

HouseAlfred Sung
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Paradise for Men

Paradise for Men is a masculine fragrance by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 2003

Paradise for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Paradise for Men

One of THE most pleasing of summer scents. The marine notes make it so refreshing. Pity it fades away so soon. Still, it's a thumbs up for me.
19th August, 2014
dreese Show all reviews
I neither understand nor agree with the poor reviews of this fragrance. It is a very pleasing citrus scent with a warm quality underneath that lasts 4-5 hours on me. The sandalwood and musk in the bottom notes present themselves together with the papaya and grapefruit, then settle back into a glow of citrus in the drydown. I get no resemblance to Issey whatsoever and the tropical sense lasts much longer for me than is being reported here. All of the great qualities of highly-rated aquatics are present in Paradise, with that additional oceanic greenness that helps this fragrance feel warm and sun-kissed. During the drydown stage, the base is similar to Polo Blue, but with the papaya replacing the cucumber. Wonderful.
18th January, 2014 (last edited: 21st December, 2014)
Is this fragrance by John Milton, or what?
They should have name it Paradise Lost, you spray it, you enjoy it a bit and then "It is lost!!!!!"
Probably one of the few "aquatics" that I enjoy, but unfortunately, for a very short time. This fragrance have no longevity at all, actually they should invent a new term for it, "shortivity"
It is a shame because the fragrance is actually very pleasing, is similar to L'eau d' Issey, if not better, and it lsts as long as L'eau d'Issey too.
Can not give it a thumbs up because its "shortivity", but can not give it a thunbs down either because it actually smells good.
And for the price I paid (found it at Marshall's) I can not complain either
10th December, 2010
This is a very nice summer scent. Very aquatic, citrus and fruity. The triangle green bottle is also very eye appealing. The problem here is that the longevity is just plain awful. You're lucky if you get 2 hours, but i'd say 1 hour is the average length. Horrible. Had they worked on this issue a little more, this would be my favorite summer scent. Out of the 3 Alfred Sun men's fragrances, this one ranks the lowest in my opinion.
28th April, 2010
tanto Show all reviews
To me, Paradise is a very pleasing scent. Its a nice mix of papaya w/ other notes. As most people have mentioned that it has a very poor longevity, on me, Paradise will last for hours. This is an easy frag to wear and always smells very "fresh". I like it !
22nd April, 2009
I bought this cologne for $15 at TJ Maxx. When I sprayed it for the first time, it smelled very complex and tropical out of the bottle. After about 20 minutes, it had a citrusy and slightly spicey smell. 10 minutes later, it was almost unnoticeable. This is an interesting mix of sweet, sour and spicey smells and it smells very complex for a cologne that is so inexpensive.

It seems that everyone agrees that the longevity of the cologne is something that could be worked on. It would be good for a summer scent but I don't really get the guava note as much as the grapefruit. I almost can get a hint of lime out of it as well. The patchouli notes and muskiness is a secondary note and gives the cologne a manly scent for a citrusy summer cologne.

I can't complain for the price, but because of the longevity, I would go with a Versace Green or Diesel Green or even a Royal Lyme. This cologne isn't one that will stay in my collection because of the longevity.
11th August, 2008

Add your review of Paradise for Men

Shop for Paradise for Men products online

Shop for Paradise for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Paradise for Men

Member images of Paradise for Men

There are no member images of Paradise for Men yet. Why not be the first?