Sex On The Beach (2003)

Year of Launch2003

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Sex On The Beach

Thankfully, this new Demeter scent has been designed to smell like the cocktail, Sex on the Beach, rather than a scary combination of sand, sea, sweat and semen.

Reviews of Sex On The Beach

Smells GREAT.....for all of 10 minutes. Then it's G-O-N-E. I guess I'll spray a lot more next try! :)
28th February, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
A nonspecific fruitiness greets me in the opening blast, and with some effort a slightly peachy undertone is discernible too. The booziness is very discreet - but that is where the similarity with the cocktail that gave this creation its name ends indeed.

No cranberry aroma and no vodka. And...this is so blatantly synthetic in a cheap and boring manner that has not one iota of originality or conceptual creativity going for it.

I would need a lot of the cocktail to even consider this a good fragrance.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

A scent for cooler summer days of questionable quality. 1.75/5.

The sole solace: the memories of the best SOTBs of the past - like the ones at Beach Blanket Babylon in Notting Hill.......
20th December, 2017 (last edited: 15th March, 2018)
Iíll overlook the fact that Iíd smelled this one a LOT on several women when it first came out!

Still, I LOVE the sharp, luscious fruity and tangy quality to this sexy fragrance that is distinct even today. A daring scent that still turns heads even after all these years.
18th March, 2017
Never in my life has anyone bought me a cocktail. I guess nobody finds me worthy of such an expensive drink. Despite never drinking a Sex on the Beach cocktail in my life, I have smelt it at various bars I've attended during my lifetime.

Sex on the Beach has a rather distinguishable tropical scent. The drink is a blend of vodka, cranberry and orange juice and peach schnapps. While a rather potent beverage, the booziness is hidden. After a few of these drinks you're fooled into thinking it's all juice and no alcohol.

Sex on the Beach is delightfully refreshing. Sweet and flirtatious too. Fruity floral lovers will adore this. It makes me think of nightclubs with deafening music and fluoro party dresses.

The lasting strength is not bad, at least three hours and I find this fragrance one of the most versatile scents to layer with in the Demeter collection. The best part of Sex on the Beach is that there's no sand.
09th April, 2012
I have to agree with foetidus mostly...all of the fruit smells artificial to me, or maybe they are just overpowered by the alcoholic part--I really can't stand the alcoholic smell. Unfortunate, because I too smell the raspberry, which I love, and I am a fruit and sweet note lover, but this one just doesn't work for me.
17th August, 2010
With this one nature comes at us as it often does in the modern world Ė third hand. This is a fragrance copying the smell of a drink that is named after the ambiance of a certain beach activity. Itís hard to pass up a fragrance with a name like this, but Iím afraid the name is the best thing it has going for it. I definitely get the citrus (orange) and I think I get the peach and the alcohol, but I donít get the cranberry. Mostly the fruity notes smell plastic to my nose. The fragrance smells more like the fruity fragrances that are sold to preteens than the drink. I guess itís really not a bad fragrance for just plain fun, or to make fun of Ė whichever you prefer. There are a lot of Demeterís that I like, but this is not as good as the others. Sex on the Beach has Demeterís typical very poor longevity.
14th March, 2008

Add your review of Sex On The Beach

Member images of Sex On The Beach

There are no member images of Sex On The Beach yet. Why not be the first?