Spark for Men (2003)

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Spark for Men

Spark for Men is a masculine fragrance by Liz Claiborne. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Spark for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Spark for Men

A mellow, warm, and sensual cologne. Spark capitalizes on the drink-notes within (rum and cognac - nice!), both in appearance and sensory perception.
The honey sweetness marries well with the sandal and amber in the bottom of the fragrance triangle.

It's flanker, Spark Seduction, peps things up with a spike of peppery goodness in the head. It's a sort of "extreme" or "intense" version of Spark, in a non-pretentious way.

29th December, 2016
OMG I thought this had been discontinued because I hadn't seen it in years, but apparently it's just gotten a little less expensive.

I liked the female version so much I tried the male and liked it even more, so I bought it for my (ex)husband and I think I wore 3/4 of the bottle myself.

It has a beautiful amber scent and the woody complexity of cognac is also strongly present. The cardiman also manages to make it's presence known the whole time. It is definitely a sweet and spicy scent and I think it's wonderful
07th September, 2016
That is been my holiday party cologne pre-Pure Malt. There is something to be said about something to be a mainstay perennially for a decade, for me.

The scent is warm and boozy— specifically pepper, cinnamon, and rum— and there is a metallic note that I am not sure what it is specifically.

There is a syrupy note that I am going to assume is the fig accord, and a really synthetic sandalwood note follows it up. Despite the syrupy note, this is a pretty transparent and thin fragrance.

Honestly, I really love this stuff in cold weather, I just wish it was a little higher quality and performed better.
26th November, 2015
It's understandable that Fremont combined fig leaf, cinnamon, rum, cardamom, and amber, but Claiborne's copper-penny budget obviously didn't allow him to achieve anything extraordinary. This is a common, sweet, cheap-smelling non-entity especially marred by inexpensive woody materials (maybe norlimbanol and javanol) present in much other cheap, crappy aughty men's juice.

Don't bother.
29th January, 2015
Inexpensive it is. Smells 10 times better than most overpriced colognes of similar genre. Well balanced.
10th November, 2014
It smells more like Santa Claus's breath. Come on, now. You KNOW he's been hitting the hard-stuff on the most hellish-night of the year, right? Then, the fat jolly man decides to eat so much gingerbread and cinnamon candies that his armpits smell like a holly-jolly Christmas. Midway over North America, Santa leans over the side of the sleigh and pukes, showering the wide-eyed kiddies below in his half-digested food. The bitterness of the vomit subsides and all that's left is sickly-sweetness.
04th September, 2012

Add your review of Spark for Men

Shop for Spark for Men products online

Shop for Spark for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Spark for Men

Member images of Spark for Men

There are no member images of Spark for Men yet. Why not be the first?