parfums*PARFUMS Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint (2003)
    by Comme des Garçons

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 37 ratings

parfums*PARFUMS Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint information

parfums*PARFUMS Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

blood-orange's avatar

Commes Des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint may have a big name, but this little, understated scent is the closest thing I've ever smelt to fresh, green mint.

I'm not talking chewing gum, candy or strange chemicals, the mint represented here in this fragrance is just like the actual herb, like something picked fresh out of a garden. My mother used to grow mint in her herb garden when I was tiny and I still remember that intense minty smell when you rubbed a leaf between your fingers.

I wore this fragrance when it was fairly warm outdoors, and it served its purpose in refreshing me throughout the day. I honestly didn't get the sherbet reference, there is nothing sugary or fizzy about this scent at all.

Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint is definitely unisex, delicate and cooling. The longevity is fairly poor unfortunately yet this fragrance is easy to re-apply throughout the day.

The naturalness presented in this fragrance is what gets me rather excited, but when it comes down to it, this fragrance is quite an acquired taste. It's not really me, hence the reason why I haven't added it to my wishlist.

04 April, 2012

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

I don't get fresh mint, I just get toothpaste. Weakest lasting power of the series, ie. ZERO lasting power, two minutes tops, and after that what remains is the smell of a toothbrush the morning after, still wet and musty-minty. Okay for teens.

22 February, 2011

Andyjreid's avatar

Scotland Scotland

I tried this just yesterday and I'll be short and to the point.

This may not have the best longevity but I was astounded at how true to real mint this fragrance is.

Get some mint leaves, crush them up and rub them on your skin, thats what this is.

If you like that kind of mint, you'll love this, if not, you wont.

20th March, 2009

Tubereuse's avatar

I smell something very watery, but it is a true mint smell. As if you ripped up some fresh mint into a bowl of cold filtered water. Not a candy mint by far. I didn't find it sharp in the least, but it's also not very strong on me. It reminds me of the smell of someone who just walked in from the snow.
    While I appreciated this as a novelty, I wouldn't buy it full-size. I am probably going to keep my sample though. It lasts barely 15 minutes on my skin, even when prepped with oil. Unfortunate, but interesting to try.

18 November, 2008

Jemimagold's avatar

As other reviewers have noted, CdG Peppermint is definitely (and thankfully) NOT a "candy-cane" peppermint scent but rather the top note is the exact smell you get when you tear fresh mint leaves apart. I found that rather thrilling, from an olfactory point of view, but the middle and basenotes were just general green-ish notes that were pleasant but not particularly exciting. The sillage was ok- it lasted about 30-45 minutes on my skin. Although CdG Peppermint is not something I would personally want to wear, it would be a great scent for a candle (hint, hint!)

Here are the notes, courtesy of Luckyscent: curly mint, peppermint, bay rose, white pepper, cardamom, amber, white musk.

21st July, 2008

themeglet's avatar

Hmm. This was not what I'd wanted it to be. I wanted it to be that peppermint that actually lasted... a scent that had a longer life than AA Herba Fresca and Mentafollia. It's nice, but for THIS price tag, mamma needs it to last a great deal longer.

23 October, 2007