Nuits de NoHo (2003)
    by Bond No. 9

Nuits de NoHo Fragrance Notes

Nuits de NoHo information

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Shop for Nuits de NoHo products online

Reviews of Nuits de NoHo

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

SirRaymond's avatar
    SirRaymond

Sweet Stuff

A sweet bouquet of flowers,

Lovely as can be;

Unisex? Well, maybe...

But too feminine for me.

07 June, 2013

Manderava's avatar
    Manderava

I get nothing unisex out of Noho. I find it to be a very feminine, deep and creamy fragrance. There's a layer of floral that comes out first, blanketed gently over a vanilla base but it's more complex than that. It draws you in and makes you wonder what else is going on in that rich warm jewel of a smell. I've only worn it once so far but I really like it!

05 December, 2012

trinityceliac's avatar
    trinityceliac

I'm selecting neutral not because I'm ambivalent about this fragrance, but because it's squarely in the middle of my oscillating love and disdain for it. But I will say, like Thierry's Angel, I was at least willing to give this a chance and spray it. I coudn't get past un-capping the Angel line.

To the extent that a fragrance should make you buoyant and empowered to charge forward in your day, this one fails. It is a distraction. I keep getting whiffs and instead of that little voice that resonates "ah yes all is well with the world," I get a jarring "what the hell was that?"

On first spray into the first hour, it's very sharp. There's a soft base in there, but it keeps getting pinched at the top, like a tree bud or flower that wants to open, but it can't because there's a clip keeping it held together. Still I thought at this point "Ok, maybe to wear out to the theater - not sure it would offend my neighbor -- and somehow I'm afraid of being old lady in this" -- is it the patchouli that reminds me of Chanel?

The second hour is cacophony. Not even a swirling, fast movement like some that can pull you in a direction to and fro. This is just the water color remaining after you've rinsed your watercolor brush in the same jar of water repeatedly with different colors. It's not black, it's not blue, it's not brown, it's just -- muck. A sandpapery muck that abrades my nose at the top, and makes my head dizzy.

I have no idea on earth how anyone is getting any of these notes out of this. Pineapple? Are you kidding? Good pineapple is sweet and succulent. This is the acrid acid I spit out when realizing it's no longer good fruit and it's started to ferment. Maybe the pineapple leaf top when broken open? There's a hint of green now in hour three.

Into hour four, it's well settled. When I put my arm to face and breathe deeply, it's pleasant. A sweet powder I could dwell in comfortably. I'm reminded in middle age of the depressingly sexy, totally naked snuggle sessions with the lovers of my youth. Soft sheets, warm skin. Love what's on my skin. HATE the sillage "out here" I get in the cloud around my body. How can this projection smell so different from the contact point??

I've found that fragrance can affect my productivity at work...the right fragrance = the right mindset = focus = great productivity. Since spraying this earlier today, I'm a mess. I've flit from one thing to the next erratically and all I can think to do now is come on here and whine about the torture this is subjecting me to.

Even though I'm not sold on this yet, and have a bit of regret at the blind buy, I still think Bond is quality, and would prefer this over some crap version of cheap juice. Even if I'm not adoring the emerging noise, I can still appreciate the components that went into making it.

Ok, now hour 5 or 6, I'm getting leather. What the heck. I give up.

04 December, 2012

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

Vanilla, fruit, floral warm, a bit "hectic" in competition of notes, like many Bonds. Bond sent me a free sample of it, but this is too feminine and hectic for me...

01st October, 2012

Francop's avatar
    Francop
    Spain Spain

This stuff is Fantastic...one of my Real Favourites for Evening Wear...Cannot take my Hat enough times to acknowledge how good it is...

Am really Sorry to disagree with jtd, who I really respect for his beautiful reviews in basenotes...

Fantastic longevity and silage...

Big thumbs up...!!!

08 December, 2011

jtd's avatar
    jtd

Were somebody to describe the strategy that appears to have lead to this perfume, you'd stop them midway and tell them it won't work.

Take something that is defined by its volume, its dissonance, its creativity, its unabashed sense of purpose. In this case, Angel. Take the edges off the deliberately juxtaposed notes, remove all creative intent along with much of the idiosyncracy, fear that you might offend a delicate sensibility. Oh, yeah, keep just one thing: the volume. NdN crystalizes the problem of derivation among the post-Angels. It seeks to repeat Angel's success by throwing cotton candy and flowers at us. It supposes that by copying a few notes, it is like Angel, but by being risk-averse, it becomes the antithesis of Angel. Cheap yet expensive is the only juxtaposition that NdN poses.

09 September, 2011