Nuits de NoHo (2003)

Year of Launch2003

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet

About Nuits de NoHo

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Nuits de NoHo fragrance notes

Reviews of Nuits de NoHo

I heard it was like Mugler's Angel. Kinda sort of, but that's a big stretch. It's a fresh, kinda-sweet synthetic fragrance. Not bad, but I can't say anything good for that. It didn't really speak to me or make me feel anything.

03rd February, 2015
Underrated fragrance from this house and a definite winner. I enjoy how it evolves on me over time into a nice vanilla mood.
05th May, 2014 (last edited: 10th May, 2014)
Sweet Stuff

A sweet bouquet of flowers,

Lovely as can be;

Unisex? Well, maybe...

But too feminine for me.

07th June, 2013
I get nothing unisex out of Noho. I find it to be a very feminine, deep and creamy fragrance. There's a layer of floral that comes out first, blanketed gently over a vanilla base but it's more complex than that. It draws you in and makes you wonder what else is going on in that rich warm jewel of a smell. I've only worn it once so far but I really like it!
05th December, 2012
I'm selecting neutral not because I'm ambivalent about this fragrance, but because it's squarely in the middle of my oscillating love and disdain for it. But I will say, like Thierry's Angel, I was at least willing to give this a chance and spray it. I coudn't get past un-capping the Angel line.

To the extent that a fragrance should make you buoyant and empowered to charge forward in your day, this one fails. It is a distraction. I keep getting whiffs and instead of that little voice that resonates "ah yes all is well with the world," I get a jarring "what the hell was that?"

On first spray into the first hour, it's very sharp. There's a soft base in there, but it keeps getting pinched at the top, like a tree bud or flower that wants to open, but it can't because there's a clip keeping it held together. Still I thought at this point "Ok, maybe to wear out to the theater - not sure it would offend my neighbor -- and somehow I'm afraid of being old lady in this" -- is it the patchouli that reminds me of Chanel?

The second hour is cacophony. Not even a swirling, fast movement like some that can pull you in a direction to and fro. This is just the water color remaining after you've rinsed your watercolor brush in the same jar of water repeatedly with different colors. It's not black, it's not blue, it's not brown, it's just -- muck. A sandpapery muck that abrades my nose at the top, and makes my head dizzy.

I have no idea on earth how anyone is getting any of these notes out of this. Pineapple? Are you kidding? Good pineapple is sweet and succulent. This is the acrid acid I spit out when realizing it's no longer good fruit and it's started to ferment. Maybe the pineapple leaf top when broken open? There's a hint of green now in hour three.

Into hour four, it's well settled. When I put my arm to face and breathe deeply, it's pleasant. A sweet powder I could dwell in comfortably. I'm reminded in middle age of the depressingly sexy, totally naked snuggle sessions with the lovers of my youth. Soft sheets, warm skin. Love what's on my skin. HATE the sillage "out here" I get in the cloud around my body. How can this projection smell so different from the contact point??

I've found that fragrance can affect my productivity at work...the right fragrance = the right mindset = focus = great productivity. Since spraying this earlier today, I'm a mess. I've flit from one thing to the next erratically and all I can think to do now is come on here and whine about the torture this is subjecting me to.

Even though I'm not sold on this yet, and have a bit of regret at the blind buy, I still think Bond is quality, and would prefer this over some crap version of cheap juice. Even if I'm not adoring the emerging noise, I can still appreciate the components that went into making it.

Ok, now hour 5 or 6, I'm getting leather. What the heck. I give up.

04th December, 2012
Vanilla, fruit, floral warm, a bit "hectic" in competition of notes, like many Bonds. Bond sent me a free sample of it, but this is too feminine and hectic for me...
01st October, 2012

Add your review of Nuits de NoHo

Shop for Nuits de NoHo products online

Shop for Nuits de NoHo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nuits de NoHo

Member images of Nuits de NoHo

There are no member images of Nuits de NoHo yet. Why not be the first?