Nouveau Bowery (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Nouveau Bowery

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Nouveau Bowery fragrance notes

Reviews of Nouveau Bowery

Not too shabby, but not worth retail price. Nouveau Bowery is one of the more likeable fragrances from this house imo, it's made to please the masses. Lime.. who doesn't love a nice clean lime note? That's what I get in the opening here.. not as candy like, or as sweet like many lime notes, more tart here, almost like a Jean Claude Ellena take on a citrus note. I get some blonde woods in the background, right off the opening, and I can tell there's gonna be some light woods happening later on.

To my surprise, the lime note is still going strong by the 4 hour mark. Pretty impressed by that, but does it condone a 200+ dollar price tag? Not so sure yet. Mid way through and a floral like note comes out, a very soft light floral note. I am not familiar with "wild lily", but I presume that is what I am smelling here. Half way in and I am getting a clean, very fresh, almost fabric softener like smell, accompanied by a dominant lime note, still very present, but faded more. Less zesty, and fruity, and more synthetic smelling at this point. More along the lines of a cleaning solution.

By the time I smell some vetiver and oakmoss, I am 4 hours + in. The vetiver is light and lemony, the oakmoss is subtle. Not getting any patchouli though, but I only got a couple wearings from a small sample of this.

To me, there are just better, lime fragrances out there that have a long lasting lime note to feed your lime fancy. This one sits pretty close to the skin after the 1 hour mark, and then the lime becomes more of a synthetic smelling chemical lime, like I said, the equivalent of a cleaning product. For 200+ a bottle, you could do wayyyyy better.
14th September, 2014
wood, citrusy and lightly green..very much on the same wavelenght of Central Park..great..

13th April, 2014
Candy-sweet sugared limes mixed with neroli. As the lime fades, the neroli takes over, but the lime lasts forever (which is actually quite a feat!) and the fade is so perfectly orchestrated that it gives the illusion of a lime cologne that lasts all day.

By the evening, there's a subtle hint of wood that I think is petitgrain, and there's a subtle saltiness in there that feels very Bond No 9, but the star is always that super-sweet mix of lime and neroli. For the record, the neroli on my skin never let up enough for me to be able to detect the listed chypre base, which probably would have enhanced my enjoyment of Nouveau Bowery.

I'm voting neutral because I prefer my limes more puckery and less candied. And, frankly, Nouveau Bowery gets a little boring, like spending hours watching a movie screen morph from bright green to slightly different bright green. If you're a huge fan of sweet green fruity florals for men and you love yourself some lime, this is your grail. But I don't think it's mine...
05th October, 2012
A VERY fruity lime. I don't get as much lime out of Noveau Bowery as I do mangoes and other various fruits. A bit too fruity-tutty for me. It lasts a really long time, though.
06th March, 2011
Beautiful lime, lemon, citrus, zesty scent that lingers forever; reminds me of my childhood when my auntie Marta would wear Eau Folle by Guy Laroche which has now been discontinued...perfect scent for summer/autumn and anytime you want to give yourself a booster of energy...big thumbs up !!!
21st September, 2010
Kaern Show all reviews
A truly fantastic lime note that lingers for ages and the drydown is beautiful. Knocks the Jo Malone into a top hat. A summer treat.
16th June, 2010

Add your review of Nouveau Bowery

Shop for Nouveau Bowery products online

Shop for Nouveau Bowery at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nouveau Bowery

Member images of Nouveau Bowery

There are no member images of Nouveau Bowery yet. Why not be the first?