Great Jones (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Great Jones

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Great Jones fragrance notes

Reviews of Great Jones

Wow, Great Jones really is like an improved Paco Rabanne from the middle of the 1980's, albeit with a slightly different opening and middle stage.

GJ starts off with a nice citrus note, then adds a floral and finally drops into a woody musk in the longest final stage. It's been many years since I wore PR, and I don't recall a development like that, but the later woody musk stage took me back to college. I wouldn't consider the original powerhouse PR again for my wardrobe, but I really like the main body of that scent and feel like GJ is a freshened up, toned down and modernized version of PR. I'll finish my sample to see if I would wear Great Jones enough to purchase a bottle at Bond prices.

For anyone my age who used to love Paco Rabanne, you should check Great Jones out. Thumbs Up.

08th January, 2016
Starts like a fougere and finishes like a chypre. Think of Paco Rabanne turning into the drydown of Chanel Pour Monsieur after 5 minutes and you will know what to expect. It's almost a 2-in-1 deal. Quite nice, decent performance and amongst the best packaging in the business.

7.5/10
22nd December, 2015
Very nice citrus/floral scent at the beginning. Then turns into a soft musk that I love. This is my second Bond No. 9 and I am very pleased with it. It lasts a very long time on me.
06th March, 2014
Superior citrus scent in my book. Most reminiscent of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, but not cloying and harsh as that scent can become.

Great Jones - I wonder what the name signifies? - is a clean, bright orange citrus that I find quite the best in that category that I have ever encountered.

Too bad the Bond line is so expensive. If it were more affordable, I would add a bottle to my collection. As is, I will make do with the memory of the sample - these are readily available and cheaply on Ebay. Treat yourself to one.
16th December, 2013
I hated this when I first put it on, but then realized you have to apply this on the arm or chest only, and then in small amounts...It smells ok in very small doses, but too much like a strong green bar of soap up close. Better than most Bn9s, but I couldn't pull it off...
28th January, 2013
Initial spray is kind of floral. Quickly, it turns woodsy. For confident guys only. Funny thing, the first time I smelled this it reminded me of Alberto VO 5. Didn't know if I wanted to spray it on my skin or my hair. But this one is OK.
12th October, 2012

Add your review of Great Jones

Shop for Great Jones products online

Shop for Great Jones at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Great Jones

Member images of Great Jones

There are no member images of Great Jones yet. Why not be the first?