Broadway Nite (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
PerfumerMaurice Roucel
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Broadway Nite

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Broadway Nite fragrance notes

Reviews of Broadway Nite

98 scents and counting. How a house like Bond No. 9 stays in business baffles me. They turn out scents like a bunny farm and the vast majority of them smell "cheap" and unformed. They then put a high price tag on them. Well, they sell, and sell enough to keep Bond in business.

This is described by Tania Sanchez as a "sweet floral." She gives it four stars and likens it to Caron's Farnesiana (I don't get it) and to Millot's Insolence - I do get that one. The faint scent of celery seed that made that herbal fragrance so memorable is present here with a non-descript melange of floral notes.

The so called "sweet amber" note may be really a tiny dose of immortelle. The rose and heliotrope are nicely and softly nuanced in the background. Vanilla and musk round this out.

The overall effect is that of a powdery floral mix with the tart celery seed herbal note giving it a bit of a twist. Nicely done and one of the better scents from Bond, a house which has had more misses than hits in my book.
09th January, 2016
Horrible nasty stuff...Bond no 9 is like the nuclear bomb of fragrance houses. The Aldehydes and violet overpower everything, and it is loud and obnoxious. It smells plastic fake, and has no redeeming qualities.
28th January, 2013
Smells like Le Labo's Aldeyhdes 44 a few hours after spraying.

Maurice Roucel got it right.
02nd December, 2012
I'm with GelbeDomino - I think this is a lot like Malle's Lipstick Rose. However, while they seem to share a lot of ingredients in common, they're stirred up differently and end up feeling very different. Both are based on candy-sweet rose and violet mixing with berries over a smell that resembles make-up - a confusing mix that smells to me like crayons melting on hot metal mixed with a greasy (like make-up, not food - it's not gross) soapy musk. While Lipstick Rose focuses on the perfumey make-up smell, Broadway Night puts the spotlight on the fruity floral aspects, mostly the bright sweet mix of violets and what smells to me like a mix of strawberry and grape Kool-Aid.

As such, Lipstick Rose will probably appeal to fans of sweet fruity florals, though the waxy perfumey notes, which get stronger as the scent progresses, make sure no one will mistake Broadway Nite for just another mall perfume.

Honestly, I'd never really wear this - it's really not my style - but it's well made, lasts forever, and has a luxurious high concentration, so there's no way I could give it a thumbs down, so a thumbs up just for being a quality scent.
21st June, 2012
Harmony Show all reviews
Russian Federation
One of my favorite Bonds, Broadway Nite is sexy and powerful. I do not smell much of violets and honeysuckle, but there is indeed lots of rose bloom over the cedar and vanilla. This is a brilliant combination, unique and easy recognizable, and it lingers for a very long time, putting you right into Broadway of your life!
19th February, 2011
What I first got was cheap aldehydes (although I truly don't know if there are cheap aldehydes and expensive aldehydes to begin with; maybe some more experienced BaseNoter could help me with this).

Then it morphs into a soft, feminine, powdery, retro fabulous violetty scent. Not a victorian violet but one a diva from the 1930s would wear.

It smells quite carnal to me and warms up at contact my skin instead of just staying on top.
I agree that it shares a similar quality with Lipstick Rose, only Broadway Nite loves me better.
02nd January, 2011

Add your review of Broadway Nite

Shop for Broadway Nite products online

Shop for Broadway Nite at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Broadway Nite

Member images of Broadway Nite

There are no member images of Broadway Nite yet. Why not be the first?