Chez Bond (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Chez Bond

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Chez Bond fragrance notes

Reviews of Chez Bond

The opening takes me back to my childhood in the early '90s, growing up in the South Pacific island of Tongatapu. Sunsets, sea shores and tropical forests. Sweet, juicy, green.

I can even remember the exact location and creator of these notes -- a large tree in my backyard which had a powerful citrus scent and yet bore no fruit (to my knowledge) which I was told could be used to make a tea by boiling its bright green leaves. The right blend of Chez Bond's citrus notes, leafy greens and herbal tea notes? You can count on it.

After 30-60 minutes these notes draw aside like curtains at a theatre to transport me to another time in my life: Dunedin, New Zealand, 2002. The place? The underground markets on George Street -- a collection of (literally) underground stores that provided all of your tattoo, body piercing and marijuana paraphernalia needs. Plus let's not forget about the swords, dragons and gypsy fair crushed velvet ensembles. What a place! But what does it have to do with Chez Bond? Well, the underground markets always smelled like a particular type of incense -- one that contained a mixture of citrus, vetiver, cedar and sandalwood, it seems, because Chez Bond is that time, that place, that scent, EXACTLY.

Imagine the earlier description of this scent and mature it into an evening fragrance that blends seductive spice and fantastical incense notes throughout. Dreamy, starry-night island magic.

I know olfactory responses are the best recorders of memory known to man, but for a single fragrance to take me to not one, but TWO completely different places in my life -- separated by decades and thousands of miles -- is truly a first for me, and the result is a deeply personal, time-travelling, memory-laden affair.
14th November, 2017
Bit of an odd one on me, not just the smell but performance.

Odd thing 1 is in the opening. As you'd expect from a fresh green scent it opens with a fresh citrusy grassy waft which is lovely but after a minute or 2 I get a slightly quirky oatmeal/porridge note that isn't unpleasant but just seems weird.
I've never had lemongrass flavoured porridge before but can imagine this is what it would smell like.
After about half an hour I start to get the tea dry down and thats what I like about the frag. I'd say this is the stage where it surpasses GIT, and GIT was my signature scent for 18 years, so I don't say that lightly.

Odd thing 2 is performance. Longevity is OK, not great, but OK as I get 6-7 hours out of it but projection and silage are pretty darn good with folk saying they can smell it throughout it's duration.
BUT then it just goes, it doesn't fade or tone down to a skin scent, it just vanishes completely. Literally its 'now you see me now you don't'. I've been able to apply another scent on the same spot i'd previously sprayed Chez Bond as it fades so totally.

Anyhoo, I like it, I don't love it but it's a really nice spring time frag that i'll probably always have on hand and is a nice accompaniment to GIT in my collection.
22nd September, 2017
So Tweed gives Coco
The keys to some place on Bond
But they're the back keys.
13th September, 2017
I absolutely love the tea!

Personally, I find this has good longevity also.

I am not a fragrance expert. Just a guy who really enjoys that tea note!

So glad to have a bottle of this good stuff.
30th January, 2017
Like other reviewers have mentioned, a slightly softer version of GIT. Lasts all work day and projects nicely but is behind GIT in both departments. Despite it not being GIT, a great scent nonetheless and something I would wear and enjoy very much.
13th January, 2017
Greener and perhaps sharper version of Green Irish Tweed. Slightly different composition notes and Chez Bond seems to be less springtime green and more violet, tea and citrus green, however the similarities are unmistakable.

I've always thought Bond took higher end success fragrances (Creed) and knocked them off with a slight twist and a kitsch bottle. Well Chez Bond is hard to overlook as evidence. This is a very good, high quality fragrance, and I don't doubt that I would enjoy wearing it. However, I love GIT and can't see replacing it with a knockoff, albeit a very good one.

A fragrance that's overdone, so not a buy for me, yet well done nonetheless.
09th October, 2015 (last edited: 05th November, 2015)

Add your review of Chez Bond