Chez Bond (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Chez Bond

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Chez Bond fragrance notes

Reviews of Chez Bond

Bit of an odd one on me, not just the smell but performance.

Odd thing 1 is in the opening. As you'd expect from a fresh green scent it opens with a fresh citrusy grassy waft which is lovely but after a minute or 2 I get a slightly quirky oatmeal/porridge note that isn't unpleasant but just seems weird.
I've never had lemongrass flavoured porridge before but can imagine this is what it would smell like.
After about half an hour I start to get the tea dry down and thats what I like about the frag. I'd say this is the stage where it surpasses GIT, and GIT was my signature scent for 18 years, so I don't say that lightly.

Odd thing 2 is performance. Longevity is OK, not great, but OK as I get 6-7 hours out of it but projection and silage are pretty darn good with folk saying they can smell it throughout it's duration.
BUT then it just goes, it doesn't fade or tone down to a skin scent, it just vanishes completely. Literally its 'now you see me now you don't'. I've been able to apply another scent on the same spot i'd previously sprayed Chez Bond as it fades so totally.

Anyhoo, I like it, I don't love it but it's a really nice spring time frag that i'll probably always have on hand and is a nice accompaniment to GIT in my collection.
22nd September, 2017
So Tweed gives Coco
The keys to some place on Bond
But they're the back keys.
13th September, 2017
I absolutely love the tea!

Personally, I find this has good longevity also.

I am not a fragrance expert. Just a guy who really enjoys that tea note!

So glad to have a bottle of this good stuff.
30th January, 2017
Like other reviewers have mentioned, a slightly softer version of GIT. Lasts all work day and projects nicely but is behind GIT in both departments. Despite it not being GIT, a great scent nonetheless and something I would wear and enjoy very much.
13th January, 2017
Greener and perhaps sharper version of Green Irish Tweed. Slightly different composition notes and Chez Bond seems to be less springtime green and more violet, tea and citrus green, however the similarities are unmistakable.

I've always thought Bond took higher end success fragrances (Creed) and knocked them off with a slight twist and a kitsch bottle. Well Chez Bond is hard to overlook as evidence. This is a very good, high quality fragrance, and I don't doubt that I would enjoy wearing it. However, I love GIT and can't see replacing it with a knockoff, albeit a very good one.

A fragrance that's overdone, so not a buy for me, yet well done nonetheless.
09th October, 2015 (last edited: 05th November, 2015)
2/10 for uniqueness. It smells way too much like Green Irish Tweed.

Green Irish Tweed is arguably the most special fragrance out there in my opinion, and I love it. So therefore, I love the smell of Chez Bond and would totally wear it. But GIT did it first.

03rd September, 2015