Chez Bond (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Chez Bond

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York.

Chez Bond fragrance notes

Reviews of Chez Bond

No this isn't a clone of Green Irish Tweed. It DOES have certain similarities. I think this is a more wearable version of GIT, but without the CREED price tag. One big difference is that with this one I never get compliments and I do with GIT.....that said you make the call. I'd bought this because it's well made and not blown out of proportions like many of examples from this house like....Bleecker Street. This one is very green, yet creamy and definitely something safe for any office or even a date.
24th April, 2018
This is the middle brother among three: GIT (the older established one) and Cool Waters (the young unrefined punk). Chez Bond is more CW than GIT, but they all resemble each other.

I bought it years ago. I should have re-upped my GIT with the money I spent on Chez Bond. I can’t hate it, though. It is a nice EDP and stays on all day. People like it on me. People will be people.
28th March, 2018
The opening takes me back to my childhood in the early '90s, growing up in the South Pacific island of Tongatapu. Sunsets, sea shores and tropical forests. Sweet, juicy, green.

I can even remember the exact location and creator of these notes -- a large tree in my backyard which had a powerful citrus scent and yet bore no fruit (to my knowledge) which I was told could be used to make a tea by boiling its bright green leaves. The right blend of Chez Bond's citrus notes, leafy greens and herbal tea notes? You can count on it.

After 30-60 minutes these notes draw aside like curtains at a theatre to transport me to another time in my life: Dunedin, New Zealand, 2002. The place? The underground markets on George Street -- a collection of (literally) underground stores that provided all of your tattoo, body piercing and marijuana paraphernalia needs. Plus let's not forget about the swords, dragons and gypsy fair crushed velvet ensembles. What a place! But what does it have to do with Chez Bond? Well, the underground markets always smelled like a particular type of incense -- one that contained a mixture of citrus, vetiver, cedar and sandalwood, it seems, because Chez Bond is that time, that place, that scent, EXACTLY.

Imagine the earlier description of this scent and mature it into an evening fragrance that blends seductive spice and fantastical incense notes throughout. Dreamy, starry-night island magic.

I know olfactory responses are the best recorders of memory known to man, but for a single fragrance to take me to not one, but TWO completely different places in my life -- separated by decades and thousands of miles -- is truly a first for me, and the result is a deeply personal, time-travelling, memory-laden affair.
14th November, 2017
Bit of an odd one on me, not just the smell but performance.

Odd thing 1 is in the opening. As you'd expect from a fresh green scent it opens with a fresh citrusy grassy waft which is lovely but after a minute or 2 I get a slightly quirky oatmeal/porridge note that isn't unpleasant but just seems weird.
I've never had lemongrass flavoured porridge before but can imagine this is what it would smell like.
After about half an hour I start to get the tea dry down and thats what I like about the frag. I'd say this is the stage where it surpasses GIT, and GIT was my signature scent for 18 years, so I don't say that lightly.

Odd thing 2 is performance. Longevity is OK, not great, but OK as I get 6-7 hours out of it but projection and silage are pretty darn good with folk saying they can smell it throughout it's duration.
BUT then it just goes, it doesn't fade or tone down to a skin scent, it just vanishes completely. Literally its 'now you see me now you don't'. I've been able to apply another scent on the same spot i'd previously sprayed Chez Bond as it fades so totally.

Anyhoo, I like it, I don't love it but it's a really nice spring time frag that i'll probably always have on hand and is a nice accompaniment to GIT in my collection.
22nd September, 2017
So Tweed gives Coco
The keys to some place on Bond
But they're the back keys.
13th September, 2017
I absolutely love the tea!

Personally, I find this has good longevity also.

I am not a fragrance expert. Just a guy who really enjoys that tea note!

So glad to have a bottle of this good stuff.
30th January, 2017

Chez Bond by Bond No. 9 Eau De Parfum Spray 3.3 oz for Women

End Date: Tuesday Mar-31-2020 19:44:30 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $186.20
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

All Bond No. 9 Type Inspired Perfume Body oils Roll on (Not Original) Swirl Roll

Buy It Now for only: $13.99

Buy It Now for only: $6.99

Buy It Now for only: $18.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bond no 9 Chez Bond NWOB 3.3oz.

End Date: Thursday Apr-2-2020 10:29:54 PDT