Chez Bond (2003)

HouseBond No. 9
SupplierRobertet
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Chez Bond

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York. More information here.

Chez Bond fragrance notes

Reviews of Chez Bond

Chez Bond's top notes are listed as citrus notes, with bergamot being the main operator from what I can tell, which, coupled with tea, provide the main duo for the entirey of the fragrance's life. Violet, sandalwood, and vetiver are each evident to me, as well, but it's really the bergamot and tea that create the fresh appeal for this warm weather fragrance. There is not much evolution to it, as it opens a little brighter and becomes a little softer over time

Like Brooklyn, I'm not inclined to reach for Chez Bond as a warm weather fragrance purchase from Bond, partly as I think their cold weather EDPs seem to be better expressed than their warm weather offerings. This is a superior entry to Brooklyn, though, and may be closer to what I'd hope to get out of their line, though like many other Bonds, it's made more affordable by FragranceNet.

Projection and longevity are decent, but nothing to write home about, as I've gotten better of both from Creed's warm weather offerings (not that this is a house war...just for a point of reference to other niches). Target use for me would be a warm weather day, and it works pleasantly for a man, but could certainly work for a woman as well.

The comparisons to Creed's Green Irish Tweed are valid, as Chez Bond is a very natural, green fragrance with a citrus/floral/woody balance, and the two fragrances are comparable, price-wise. I'd probably say that GIT is slightly fresher-smelling, but I'd really need to compare them at the same time to have more conviction than that.

Overall, a worthy competitor to GIT and an indisputably fresh option to reach for on the EDP/niche side, particularly if the tea element isn't too androgynous for the wearer. Like GIT, not one I'd necessarily buy but an interesting option for warm weather use.

6 out of 10
31st March, 2015
Like others said, it does smell like Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed. As far as quality goes, it's right in between. Not as good as Creed's but I think this one brings a nice perspective take on the popular formula. It's much softer and smoother with the tea notes. Not as bright, fresh, strong, original, animated or as good overall as GIT, but still an overall good blend in its own right.

03rd February, 2015
A nice top note mix of citrus and green notes with a touch of sweetness. The middle notes have a tea aroma, and there are woods and a touch of vetiver in the base. Overall the top notes are pleasant, but the rest is quite dull and generic on my skin. I can see why it has been compares with Cool
Water, but Chez Bond is more elegant, although overall not a very exciting scent. Silage is limited, projection all right, but the longevity very good at nearly seven hours n
23rd May, 2014
Chez Bond EDP is my first Bond No. 9 and I am really impressed. I love it! It is light, airy and just right for the South Florida climate. I hate saying this but it does smell a bit like GIT. GIT is a lot stronger than Chez Bond though.
Anyways, back to Chez Bond. I wore it this morning to work and I already got a few compliments. I can smell it on me and it makes me feel very happy. I will be wearing it very often.
27th February, 2014
You gotta be kidding Bond#9.
This is a bad copy of Cool Water, Aspen is a better copy than this garbage, and even Cubano Copper is a better copy of Cool Water.
And to top it off, the price is outrageous.
What kind of fool would spend a fortune when you can get a better version for 10 bucks?
This is a slap in the face to the Bond#9 clientele.
My most definitive thumbs down
07th January, 2014
don't get any aquatic, GIT or MI similarities, on me has a citrusy woody vibe...it's a safe pleasant scent...has a nice warm feeling that follows you along...cozy and comforting.. perfect Bond vibe which I basically adore...

18th October, 2013 (last edited: 04th March, 2015)

Add your review of Chez Bond

Shop for Chez Bond products online

Shop for Chez Bond at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Chez Bond

Member images of Chez Bond

There are no member images of Chez Bond yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads