Stetson Untamed (2003)
    by Stetson

Reviews of Stetson Untamed

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

BriGuy's avatar
    BriGuy

This one is bland and forgettable. I can't say it's BAD but it's just not anything worth writing home about... Buy/Test/Pass? Pass.

08 October, 2012

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

I think the name is a misnomer, which is common I suppose in fragrances. This is more like the original Stetson tamed/calmed down a bit. The original is a bold floriental while this is a calm oriental with more vanilla and woodsy notes. It's light enough for the summer however it feels rather synthetic and more like a cheap cologne instead of a quality fragrance.

21st April, 2010

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

Not horrendous, but useless to an aficionado. It is highly blended, with a light vanillic quality. Here is the blurb for it: "A blend of deep woods, rich suede, and invigorating bergamot." Don't expect to smell much, if any of these notes. It also seems to have a "synthetic" thing going on that could cause migraines. I do get a hint of chocolate, but that could be because it's so blended. Some might call this "Rochas Man Light," and I could certainly understand that perception, but I really dislike RM, so that's no help to me, but it might be to you. I think there might be too much lavender in this for me, and because strong lavender notes tend to nauseate me, that might be the problem I have with the scent.

13 December, 2009

Trapjaw's avatar
    Trapjaw

My brother bought me a 1oz bottle of this several years back. I prefer it over the original Stetson. It has a sweet smell to it. Reminds me of playing pool. The wife doesnt care much for it though. Been sitting so long it has stuff floating in it now.. no idea what it is.

10th October, 2009

chamelion's avatar
    chamelion

i used to wear this and its gotto be the best aftershave/cologne for it's price range! the woodsy notes are excellently done and it maintains it's masculinity and freshness which make it very sexy and wearable

the woodsy notes are very well done, which makes this similar to hugo by hb, and this is probably the best stetson scent and the only one that is not overly dry and "old fashioned" smelling

12 September, 2009

Redbeard's avatar
    Redbeard

This one is a vaguely candy-like vanilla with maybe a little honey and cinnamon, but it's not artificial-smelling to me. Sometimes I get a little tobacco smoke in the base if I sniff really deeply. I think it's a very simple but nice cheapy, where the vanilla is muted and dusty, like the smell of a sweet shop back in the Wild West, with the fresh timber of the building thrown in. I used to think that vanilla equals too feminine for me, but I think it's too restrained in Untamed to be a problem for me. I may not get it again because I don't normally seek out vanillas, but I'd be OK to wear this and can still enjoy it, and might even prefer it over more expensive ones. It's much less cloying (i.e. almost not at all) than you'd expect it to be.

29 July, 2009