Allure Homme Sport (2004)
by Chanel

Allure Homme Sport information

Year of Launch2004

PerfumerJacques Polge
PackagingJacques Helleu
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Allure Homme Sport

A fresh scent created by Chanel's master perfumer Jacques Polge. The metallic bottle was inspired by Chanel's J12 watch.

Allure Homme Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Allure Homme Sport

The only positive thing about this fragrance is that the name is perfectly self-explanatory and truly true to faith, so if you’re aware that most brands use “sport” as a synonim for “pathetically cheap and metallic”, you can guess what to expect here and can start to roll your eyes. A deeply nondescript fresh mishmash –Adidas-esque kind of metallic-woody freshness – stuffed with cheap ozonic-minty notes, the only tolerable nuances being a really subtle sort of smooth sandalwood-musk base accord, something sort of powdery-leafy floating around, and some ordinary (but at least, not screechy) lemon. A few hints of decency (basically, the only connections to classic Allure) buried into an almost futuristic mess of pungent artificial stuff which shall be supposed to connect with the concept of “fitness”. I never understood why most of “sport” fragrances smell like this – I wonder what kind of “sport” brands think to specifically, since I think more of a gold medal perspirator washing a car while wearing a Calvin Klein dupe. But well, to each his own. Horrid for me.

28th September, 2015
Citrusy and ozonic, but with surprising tenacity.

A hint of a metallic tinge.

A (somewhat) rehash of numerous other fresh and sporty designers. But comes with the Chanel quality, gloss and sheen.

Good? Yes.

Redundant? Yes.
22nd June, 2015
Chanel showing off in the 2000s sport fragrance market. This is one of my favorite scents every time I wear it; a medium-strength scent for summer and celebrations. Powdery and tangy.
21st June, 2015
One of my favorite scents.This thing is a compliment getter, just about every time I wear it, I get a compliment. At the top I get a blast of the orange and the aldehydes which last for most of the wearing..In the mid I get a little bit of the neroli and for the base, its all Tonka bean... Great scent for all seasons in my opinion
19th June, 2015

Awesome is the first word that comes to my mind when I think to AHS.It is Extreme Popular in my Country Although I don't like the price of it because it is Too expensive. Stimulating,Modern, Freshness,Sparkling,Masculine,Citrusy and Sporty are the best words to describe it.

The bright top Citrus notes this one is
prominent and Strong by Orange and Blood Mandarin while a Warm heart of Pepper and Cedar is balanced by a Enticing base of Vanilla,Amber and Vetiver That result is a Wonderful Fragrance for SPRING/SUMMER when you don't want something too heavy.

This CHANEL EDT Grants Young.Great Everyday scent and Everybody can wear it.Seemly for a Active Character. I would recommend it to Everybody who wants a Beautiful Fragrance for Impress the Ladies.Suitable for Present too.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

13th June, 2015
Although I value natural elements in fragrances, the synthetic note in this one is what gives it "pop" and, in my opinion, makes it stand out over the original. As popular as Allure is, all it does for me is to confirm how much I dislike heavy orange topnotes in fragrances--even in Chanel scents. It's almost like the mandarin heaviness is used simply to mask the banality underneath. Not much there there.

With Allure Homme Sport, however, I think the inside joke is that the flanker tops the original, that Darth Vader defeats Luke (at least temporarily), and that the great unwashed remain so, and remain sexy. Isn't that what a good cologne is supposed to do for us? This one made me feel something over and above the original--sporty, virile, edgy. Not necessarily the greatest ever, but so cool. What a good men's fragrance should be.
12th June, 2015