Allure Homme Sport (2004)
by Chanel

Allure Homme Sport information

Year of Launch2004

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
PackagingJacques Helleu
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Allure Homme Sport

A fresh scent in a metallic bottle created by 258s, inspired by Chanel's J12 watch.

Allure Homme Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Allure Homme Sport

This is a decent release from Chanel. For me, this fragrance works best during the warmer months but can be utilized as an all year scent. It is able to hold its composition during colder weather. Upon initial application, I can really smell the aldehydes. It's sort of peppery and stings my nostrils. However, after a few minutes the unpleasant aroma dissipates & what I'm left with is a fresh orange citrus with a creamy tonka backing it up. It is actually very enjoyable & the women in my social circles enjoy it quite a bit. This fragrance projects fairly well for the first 1.5 to 2 hours then settles down quite a bit. On my skin, it lingers for at least 6 hours. A wonderful scent to have in my arsenal, but for some reason I don't reach for it as much as my other fresh fragrances. Definitely worth a try in my opinion.
04th May, 2015
The elegant masterpiece that is Chanel Allure Homme Sport, is my most complimented fragrance and it smells magnificent!

Thank you, Chanel!
03rd May, 2015 (last edited: 05th May, 2015)
I received a sample of Allure Homme Sport and at first was not sure what to make of it. The opening is a very powerful citrus that fades fairly quickly into softer citrus/ green spice or pepper accord that reminds me of Eau de Cartier. The dry down does get a little powdery but not as floral and feminine as some reviews describe. Pretty common place fragrance that is higher in quality than many houses offer, but not a must have.
23rd March, 2015 (last edited: 24th March, 2015)
Citrus aquatic explosion. Seems kind of generic to me but not bad at all. The drydown gives me a light cedar note with amber and musk. 6.5/10
22nd February, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
Chanel's MO these days for their men's scents seems to be all about pleasing the masses. Instead of setting trends, they have become followers--premium, quality, luxury followers, to be sure, but they are no longer leading the pack. Bleu is a perfect example of this. Going back to 2004, though, Allure Homme Sport already shows signs of a brand in decline. This strikes me as generic, pleasant, a little synthetic and definitely one for the masses. "Fresh" and sporty, with a metallic citrus opening that sets my teeth on edge, this is for the man who needs the justification of a mainstream, established luxury brand, but is otherwise uninterested in scent. I can't give it a thumbs down because--opening notes not withstanding--this does not actually smell bad. It just smells anonymous. Allure Homme has more personality than this. After their first, monumental men's fragrance and the amazing Antaeus, this hardly seems to warrant the Chanel name. Sales figures prove my point--this is one for the masses, but not for me!
09th February, 2015
With rich notes of mandarin and bugspray, this cologne is the perfect way to spend far too much and reek of pretension. It seriously smells like the citrus section of a back alley green grocers, and as for the "sport" side of things: The only thing athletic about this cologne is evoked sense of running through an orange field trying not to choke as it is chemically dusted.
24th August, 2014 (last edited: 26th August, 2014)

Add your review of Allure Homme Sport