Endymion (2003)

SupplierFragrance Resources
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Endymion

A modern style cologne from the 130 year old perfumery. The range includes Cologne, Shaving Cream, After Shave Balm and Shower Gel.
Named after a mythical Greek king.

Endymion fragrance notes

Reviews of Endymion

The scent of a well groomed man. Shaving foam, lavender soap, and new leather shoes. I also get a bit of spice, a clean incense, and a slight hint of coffee beans. A gentleman, to be sure.

It is a billed as a fragrance of contrasts, and that rings true, to me. There is a certain lightness to the composition, as well as a dark and mysterious vibe. An austere and old-worldly quality, as well as a modern character.

I think this would work really well as a date scent. It is very safe, and sufficiently subtle to be worn in close encounters. It also works well in an office, in my experience.

I tend to like fragrances that can put me in a particular zone, and Endymion really does that. It makes me feel a bit like a refined and sophisticated British gentleman, as silly as that sounds. A definite thumbs up!

07th September, 2017
Clean spicy, suffers from the problem of all Penhaligon's...No projection/longevity
16th July, 2017
Penhaligon’s have some of the most romantic perfume names, all so faery lands forlorn. One feels the appropriate state to be receiving such offerings is on a purple velvet chaise longue, emerald green cravat at throat fastened with appropriate gem-studded jewel, a tiny crystal glass filled with rare firewater to hand.
Alas, the perfumes themselves often tend to suffer from overtly synthetic smelling bases, and Endymion is no exception. Here a grating peppery-woody base infused with bilious-making aquatics sinks the enterprise which started pleasantly enough as a fresh musky-powdery barbershop cologne. Call me a snob but that offensive base just shrieks ‘cheap’.
10th February, 2017
Meh, nice and sweet masculine fragrance, but too weak on longevity to really excite me. Bought it based on the notes but should've tested on the skin first. Nice smell, but just not worth it for the money in my opinion.
29th January, 2017
I wore Endymion a few more times. It's a nice fragrance. But, I thought my brother would enjoy it more than I would, so I gifted him a full bottle. I was using a sample to test it out over the last few weeks. He loved it, and I always love to see a fragrance find a home where it will be appreciated the most. :)

Endymion is nice...but it's not as nice as I was hoping for. To be fair, I need to give it more time before I have a firm grasp of it's character. I like it much better in the dry down than I do in the opening. I pick up a synthetic wood smell that I'm not crazy about, and I believe the musk note and possibly the cardamon note reminds me of the Amouage house vibe that I dislike so much. I'll give it a few more attempts, but even with all that said, it still has a decent dry down and when it becomes a skin scent, it's pretty nice.
12th January, 2017 (last edited: 31st January, 2017)
Great fragrance; you can get the same aroma for less in Armani Black Code. I couldn't help but think about Armani Black Code--perhaps, the newer reformulation and recent name change, Armani Code!
26th November, 2016

Add your review of Endymion

Shop for Endymion products online

Shop for Endymion at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Endymion