Endymion (2003)

SupplierFragrance Resources
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Endymion

A modern style cologne from the 130 year old perfumery. The range includes Cologne, Shaving Cream, After Shave Balm and Shower Gel.
Named after a mythical Greek king.

Endymion fragrance notes

Reviews of Endymion

Penhaligon’s have some of the most romantic perfume names, all so faery lands forlorn. One feels the appropriate state to be receiving such offerings is on a purple velvet chaise longue, emerald green cravat at throat fastened with appropriate gem-studded jewel, a tiny crystal glass filled with rare firewater to hand.
Alas, the perfumes themselves often tend to suffer from overtly synthetic smelling bases, and Endymion is no exception. Here a grating peppery-woody base infused with bilious-making aquatics sinks the enterprise which started pleasantly enough as a fresh musky-powdery barbershop cologne. Call me a snob but that offensive base just shrieks ‘cheap’.
10th February, 2017
Meh, nice and sweet masculine fragrance, but too weak on longevity to really excite me. Bought it based on the notes but should've tested on the skin first. Nice smell, but just not worth it for the money in my opinion.
29th January, 2017
I wore Endymion a few more times. It's a nice fragrance. But, I thought my brother would enjoy it more than I would, so I gifted him a full bottle. I was using a sample to test it out over the last few weeks. He loved it, and I always love to see a fragrance find a home where it will be appreciated the most. :)

Endymion is nice...but it's not as nice as I was hoping for. To be fair, I need to give it more time before I have a firm grasp of it's character. I like it much better in the dry down than I do in the opening. I pick up a synthetic wood smell that I'm not crazy about, and I believe the musk note and possibly the cardamon note reminds me of the Amouage house vibe that I dislike so much. I'll give it a few more attempts, but even with all that said, it still has a decent dry down and when it becomes a skin scent, it's pretty nice.
12th January, 2017 (last edited: 31st January, 2017)
Great fragrance; you can get the same aroma for less in Armani Black Code. I couldn't help but think about Armani Black Code--perhaps, the newer reformulation and recent name change, Armani Code!
26th November, 2016
Clean, musky, with a little spice thrown in...very pleasant overall. This feels very safe and manly, like a classic after shave. Not a barbershop scent but more towards $5 after shave gel that you smell on your dad. Has that cooling bite to it. Doesn't project much but seems to be hanging on in longevity and rising body temp also helps projection, so summer might be best to improve performance. For the price, best to sample first.
21st July, 2016
The fragrance is nice but a straight copy of a century old cream Boroline.
And Boroline's sillage and longevity is much better than Endymion. And costs 20 times less.
27th June, 2016

Add your review of Endymion

Shop for Endymion products online

Shop for Endymion at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Endymion