Endymion (2003)

SupplierFragrance Resources
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Endymion

A modern style cologne from the 130 year old perfumery. The range includes Cologne, Shaving Cream, After Shave Balm and Shower Gel.
Named after a mythical Greek king.

Endymion fragrance notes

Reviews of Endymion

Endymion is my first cologne from Penhaligon. It is a beautiful lavender based cologne. At first spray it gives off a blast of lavender with citrus and spices. The dry down is very comforting, that is when the true lavender shines. I can get a wiff now and then and it makes me and my nose very happy. For a cologne it has good silage and last 5-6 hours on me. Beautiful!
06th March, 2015
I love this fragrance. It's ambiguous, very fine and it makes me feel like and old roue.
03rd March, 2015
Was excited to get this in! Unfortunately it does not last on my skin, doesn't project, and doesn't smell unless I put my know right up to it.

It's a pleasant smell, good for office and neutral settings, even a date, but this just does not work on my skin.
20th January, 2015
Of the different Penhaligon's I've tried, Endymion is certainly my favorite. I really like the way that the coffee note is integrated with the lavender in this. Some fragrances overdo coffee, and others tend to underplay it, where it becomes almost impossible to detect. Endymion hits a nice balance in the middle, and while the coffee note is immediately apparent, it doesn't enter gourmand territory or become foody in any particular way. I think some of this is due to its pairing with lavender, which helps balance it and keep it on a bit of a powdery, aromatic path. This hasn't been doused with sugar and features a lightly spicy, very slight sweetness, Endymion and its well-done coffee note remain elegant and classy throughout, with a bit of a formal feel. I'm very particular when it comes to formal fragrances though, and prefer my every day frags a bit on the "loose" side. That's why I sold off my bottle of Endymion--I just couldn't find the occasions to wear it. It doesn't fit my "formal" preferences, and it's not something I could casually throw on whenever I felt like it. For my casual, non-gourmand coffee choice, I prefer Givenchy Play Intense or Taste of Fragrance. They're a little more fun, in my opinion. However, to be fair, Endymion's really in an entirely different league--the semi-formal gentleman's league. Here, it works well, and shouldn't disappoint if you're looking for an aromatic fragrance that skillfully incorporates coffee while keeping in sync with its mature, polite, and civil tone. Projection and longevity are very good.
11th October, 2014
First I must say that Lucy's review was simply one of the best I've ever read…..had to read it three times.
Now to Endymion. Received a sample from Penhaligons. Of the 4 samples sent this one stood out. The masculine take on powder is attractive. Liked it until I smelled LP No9 for men by the same House. The top notes of Endymion are clearly superior, but once they die down, LP blows it away. Similar vibe but just more spice, more interesting and longer lasting to boot.
19th February, 2014
I've tested this fragrance several times to get something out of it, but to be honest with you it's nothing!
A very generic fresh spicy scent with some floral notes and touch of leather is all things that I get from it.
At the opening I can smell a semi fresh spicy scent with hint of floral notes. something that I've smelt in tons of fragrances!
Projection is crap! no projection at all!
In the dry down things get a little better!
The fresh scent settle down and now some leather kick in plus some sweetness.
When I say leather do not expect a dark or smoky leather! a very weak and smooth leather, completely in the background!
It didn't survive to the base because it last only one hour on my skin and then it was gone!
It's $120 for a bottle!!
Dude, go kid yourself!
01st February, 2014

Add your review of Endymion

Shop for Endymion products online

Shop for Endymion at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Endymion