Clean Men (2003)

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 74 ratings

Clean Men Fragrance Notes

Clean Men information

Designed to give you that fresh-out-of-the-shower feeling. This sells like hot-cakes. (Even though it's cheaper if you actually shower)

Shop for Clean Men products online

60ml EdP
    $64.40*
    60ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 38.50)
    $83.64*
    60ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 50.00)

Reviews of Clean Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 26 reviews.

jagmartini's avatar

Forgive me, but when all is said and done it smells "clean," as the name implies.

Packaging is nothing eye catching (perhaps they were trying to be like Demieter?) and is a bit feminine w/ its teal and white box...not something I'd expect to see for men's cologne.

Now for the scent:

At first whiff: How many lemon trees were murdered in the production of this stuff?! But be patient--this too shall pass.

A bit later: Soapy...clean...I think Ivory, Dial, and perhaps Irish Spring put their heads together to come up with a cologne that actually has that clean soapy aroma to it without getting anywhere near those abhorable "linen" scents.

I can tell the longevity isn't going to be so hot but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

02 October, 2012

MapOfTheWoods's avatar

Meh... I like frags that really stand out. This stands out as completely inoffensive, a bit ho-hum, and safe. I use this just about every other day for no other reason than to have a little mist after a shower. After that, it goes away instantly and I can then spray on something better. Clean products are sickeningly overpriced, and not all of them smell good to me.

I have had to revise this as I now realize that I wear this fragrance more than any other scent I own. I get quite a few compliments when I wear it, and it does have some staying power after all.

This is a fresh blast of grapefruit and lemon. It dries down into a deodorant-y thing, smelling like soap and fresh burst antiperspirant. The musk is there, and it does not ever come off as feminine to me.

Here's a neat trick: I bought the shower gel and the edt spray. I also have the edp (which smells the same, only heavier on the floral), and I use them all at the same time. When you give yourself the full work-up, the magic happens. Longevity, projection, sillage. It's all there. I seriously smell good. It becomes something special. Use the shower gel, follow up with a few dabs of the edp, then give yourself the normal sprays of the edt. You've got it. That's what this was meant to be. It's unfortunate that it requires this much work to coax the life out of a fragrance, but with this, so be it. It's nice and I dig it.

Anymore I don't wear this every single day. But when I do, it's more often than my most beloved niche scents.

Clean Men... like another reviewer mentioned, we have no idea when this will be completely gone, so I've stocked up while I can.

When this is gone I will miss the compliments of: "You smell like Sweet Tarts!"

09 August, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2013)

SwePeter's avatar

I was very disappointed in this fragrance. I wanted a I-just-came-out-of-the-shower-smell but instead all I got was cleaner-citrus - the smell u get after cleaning! Lemonpledge? It's not worth the money. :-(

11th October, 2011

Tony T's avatar

a bit tart(ruby red grapefruit and that's it . no sillage or longevity. up their with gendarme!!

26 May, 2010

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Smells cheap. Looks cheap. Price is anything but cheap. This is nothing but a marketing stunt or a practical joke; I half expected the Just for Laughs crew to appear when I was trying this on. I guess such a bad first impression was enough for me to disqualify CLEAN MEN from a fuller review. Next!

04 October, 2009

zztopp's avatar

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by Clean Men (Clean). Usually such white-noise laundromat fragrances conform to the inane 'typical citrus-detergent accord-typical white musk' pyramid made so famous by Gendarme but Clean goes a step further and fleshes out the pyramid with interesting results.

Clean opens with tart grapfruit and a low key medicinal lavender note before blossoming into a heart of lime, raspberry and clove. Each of these heart notes has a very distinctive scent, but the way they are smoothly blended in Clean gives rise to a (very inviting) accord which reminds me of south asian supari mouth fresheners (made of fennel seeds, betels, and other aromatics). The lime keeps it fresh, the raspberry imparts just enough sweetness and the clove keeps things light and 'fresh'. The more i smell it the more i find the balance and interplay of these three notes to be excellent. The perfumer could have stopped here and finished things off with a banal woods note or cheap musk, but the drydown actually builds on the heart notes high. A cool, woody incense note and a light patchouli note ala L'Artisans Patchouli Patch end the Clean experience on a positive note.

Clean Men is more than a laundromat air freshener smell, and I find it more interesting than Father Gendarme or the trendy Prada Infusion Men. Heck Clean even smells like as if it sports better materials than those two uber famous poster boys. No, Clean Men isn't very innovative or awe inspiring in its notes clarity, but it is arguably the best of its genre. Gym rats everywhere should be made to wear Clean Men every day.

Rating: 7.75/10.0

27 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 28 September, 2009)

Add your review of Clean Men

Search for on eBay United States

CLEAN Original EDP Women SPRAY 1 oz - NEW nb
    • Time Left: 6 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    5 DOVE Deodorant Men + Care Clean Comfort & Extra Fresh 3 oz. Each $25 Value NEW
    • Listing Type: Auction
    Fusion Clean Men 4.0 oz Mens Cologne
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CLEAN *** MEN *** EAU DE TOLILETTE *** 4 OZ.
    CLEAN SHOWER FRESH ~ FUSION ~ 4.0 oz EDT MEN new in box 118ml Spray
    • Time Left: 23 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CLEAN *** RAIN *** EAU DE TOLILETTE *** 1 OZ.
    LOT OF 2 PARLUX FRAGRANCE BLUE MEN WOMEN ? NO LABEL CLEAN FREE SHIP