Les Nuits d'Hadrien (2003)
by Annick Goutal

PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific
Parent Company at launchTaittinger > Louvre Groupe

About Les Nuits d'Hadrien

Les Nuits d'Hadrien is a shared / unisex perfume by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal

Reviews of Les Nuits d'Hadrien

As with the original Eau d'Hadrien, 22 years earlier than Nuits, this is a citrus based on orange and tangerine, with lemon supporting. This is for me an equally well done "evening" version, with sweet support from amber and musk, and grounding with patchouli and cumin. The other notes listed do not reach my nose.

The original Eau has been one of my five favorite citrus scents for many years now. The Nuits joins it as a darker, quieter version. Very well done.

Turin calls it "orange fennel" (reminded of a salad he constructs) and gives it only three stars. I would say it deserves at least four.
04th December, 2016
I have tried the EdT in what is supposedly the feminine bottle. I tried it twice, the first time applying 3 sprays. I found it interesting enough to give it another go. The second time I sprayed 5 times! My verdict is this: fantastic opening with citrus, florals and herbs with an exciting accord. This phase of excellence lasts maybe 20 to 30 minutes. Then the fragrance although still enchanting just dies a fast death. The silage is pathetic after the 30 first minutes and after an hour is almost non existent; it becomes a skin scent that first it is enveloping but soon it becomes very quite. This skin scent phase lasts at best 4-5 hours (with the 5 sprays). For such an interesting fragrance to have so poor performance it makes it even more disappointing. Pity!
30th June, 2014
Too feminine

very sweet lemon drops and floral amber, smells like an old school woman's 'dinner party' perfume like 1881 or something like that, would definitely be more of a night time fragrance. Pleasant smell but not for me

Pros: rich scent
Cons: feminine, sweet"

25th July, 2013
This begins life as an unusual floral lemon--unusual in that the lemon is relegated to the back seat even during the top notes. I also detect what might be a very heady spice component if it were stronger, but again restrained to blend with the lemon and florals. It has a bit of mapley, anisy thickness that makes me suspect some immortelle, though not nearly as much as in their Sables, which nearly drowned me in pancake syrup. I don't find it particularly masculine, though the only feminine scents it actually reminds me of might be a few very old, very heavy ones. While the best comparison I can think of is to Boucheron, a very heavy lemon from my distant past, then I'd say Les Nuits would be a feminine analog to that; they share the same stodgy, dated stuffiness. Like Eau d'Hadrien, the lemon here hangs on for a remarkably long time, and with remarkably true lemoniness, but if I want that I would just reach for Eau. Overall it's not bad, but I'm not sure what niche of scent space it's trying to carve out for itself, and coupled with the gender neutrality it paints a very ambiguous picture. Lots of frankincense and sandalwood at the end brings us over to oriental territory. It's not for me, but still worth a sniff. Quite a chameleon.
23rd October, 2012
Oviatt Show all reviews
This is supposed to be a unisex fragrance but it leans so far to the masculine that it would smell a bit strange on a woman. Despite the fine ingredients and deft use of citrus, this smells like Right Guard and testosterone. A high school locker room comes to mind--not in a bad way, just in a way that is jarring on a woman. On a man, this is a musky citrus with an herbal underpinning. There are spices in the basenotes--I smell cardamom and spices associated with Indian food. Imagine the captain of the football team, a fellow who eats a lot of curry, after a fierce workout in the heat. He is in the locker room, takes a shower, sprays on antiperspirant and heads out to class. But his shower was too short--his core body temperature is too high and he keeps pumping out a manly funk with a Tikka Masala twist to it. Then, as his body cools in the airconditioning of his next class, the scent soon fades away (this is a Goutal, after all). Not my cup of chai.
13th August, 2012
real citrus, not the synthetic kind - its an okay scent probably for early autumn or early spring, nothing extraordinary here, but the dry down is admirable, however the longevity and projection of this is pathetic, as it the price.
22nd May, 2012 (last edited: 10th June, 2012)

Add your review of Les Nuits d'Hadrien

Shop for Les Nuits d'Hadrien products online

Shop for Les Nuits d'Hadrien at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Les Nuits d'Hadrien

Member images of Les Nuits d'Hadrien

There are no member images of Les Nuits d'Hadrien yet. Why not be the first?