Aqua pour Homme (2005)

100ml EdT
    50ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Aqua pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 172 reviews.

rbaker's avatar

A mandarin opening, mixed with petit grain, leads to a lavender-based drydown, when a aquatic sea-salt seaweed note is added, giving its name to this fragrance. Woody and sage impressions are emerging in the base. It is refreshing is a generic, unexciting manner, with soft sillage, adequate projection and three hours of longevity. Mediocre. 2.25/5.

13th January, 2015

misterjohn's avatar

It was aquatics that first got me interested in frags. I liked Cool Water, thought ADG and Issey were heaven, and then graduated onto more interesting frags outside of this genre. After a while, I decided I didn't like aquatics at all, too simple, too little sillage, and too popular. My wife, however, vastly prefers aquatics to others, and bugged me to return to them. Bowing to these wishes, I set out to find something we both could love. I believe I found it in Bulgari Aqua. It's an aquatic all right, but in the purer sense of the word--it's the salt, and green, and earth of the ocean rather than the chlorinated blue of a swimming pool.

After an initial blast of orange, but in the form of Cointreau rather than Florida orange juice, the signature seaweed note emerges, first flying above lavender and cotton, then drifting amid an amber/patchouli/cedar accord. The Cointreau and cotton are nice unusual touches, but without the seaweed, this would be very pedestrian, and not very aquatic. The seaweed note, however, changes everything, casting it's salty green tentacles through traditional accords and breathing new life and refreshment into them. It's daring, creative, and effective. Oh, and they somehow manage to work a tea scent into this during the latter half of the floral section through some sort of pact with the devil, I suspect.

It's a true aquatic, changing the meaning of the term for me. Like Bulgari Black, with its remarkable rubber note, it's also a masterpiece with its signature seaweed scent, which lasts even into the dry down. Happily, it also lasts and, for an aquatic, really projects. Simply the best aquatic made in my opinion.

11th January, 2015

Odor Miris's avatar

Couldn't wait to add this to my wardrobe...seems most reviews were rants about how wonderfully the sea would be delivered to me in a mist from a bottle...and I needed an aquatic although not a big fan. What I was looking for was a clean crisp oceanic fragrance...and this ain't it! Opens with a salty, marine feeling that immediately becomes....floral? Wait..floral with pepper..maybe some melon in there for added confusion. Not what I was seeking i.e. too complex and too synthetic. I'll pass. Another reason to dislike aquatics.

27th December, 2014

Surreal's avatar

I am from Greece and I grew up next to the sea...that is really good on this.
    when aqva marine is the clear water green beach with the white fine sand,this is the
    October darker rough sea with seaweeds on the beach and high waves.
    I like it and it would be a thump up if top notes lasted longer,it IS long lasting but in a subtle spicy and woody drydown.

04th October, 2014

Jack Hunter's avatar

A weak bland citrus marine fragrance that lasts no more than a hour on my skin. Not impressed!

12th June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Aquatic

Let me admit up front that I’m no great fan of aquatic fragrances. Most of them wind up smelling like chemical spills on my skin, and I can count the ones that work for me on the fingers of one hand. Or at least I could.

This Bvlgari certainly didn’t look promising: blue bottle, aqua (or should I say “aqva?”) on the label? Nope. The opening didn’t do much to help – it was the standard issue artificial “melon” flavor/calone concoction that’s launched a thousand fragrances since L’Eau d’Issey. But then, ten minutes later, what’s that? Good grief! It’s the “skankiest” indolic white flower accord I’ve smelled in a “masculine” fragrance in ages! Wheeeeee!

Next to join the fray is a nose-ticklingly crisp black pepper note that launches the whole composition into another, higher orbit. The precarious balance, the tension, between crisp, clean pepper and aquatic notes and the decadent white flowers makes Bvlgari Aqva ten times as interesting as your run-of-the-mill aquatic scent. Bravo to the nose that made this scent, because the two competing accords remain in balance until both begin to fade. What remains is a clean and somewhat sharp woody base, which if not inherently exciting at least avoid the suffocating woody amber that seems to be the base du jour.

Altogether a pleasant surprise!

09th June, 2014

Add your review of Aqua pour Homme

Search for on eBay United States

BVLGARI AQVA POUR HOMME MEN by BULGARI AQUA EDT Spray 3.4 oz ~ NEW IN TESTER BOX
    • Time Left: 6 days