Aqua pour Homme (2005)

HouseBulgari
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyBulgari

About Aqua pour Homme

Aqua pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Reviews of Aqua pour Homme

Salutation.

New definition of Casual Elegance By Jacques Cavallier.However AQUA PH MARINE is My Favorite but This one is Simply Beautiful Too. A Real Refreshing.It has a Nice Subtle Scent.A staple in any Good collection of fragrances.

Pleasurable,Clean,Aromatic,Energetic, Popular,Crisp and Full of Life. Aquatic fragrance that is a transparent blend of Mandarin and Orange as is so Appealing to the nose.This Smells an Invigorating blast of fresh Air for the Man who lives life to the fullest.

This Masculine Scent is A perfect touch that goes well on that day when you have a heightened Sense of clarity.It is Ideal for an Active man. Great for Casual and Carefree Summer days.Not the kind that gives you a headache and Everyone can wear it.The price is very reasonable Too.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Average on my skin.

13th May, 2015
This was purchased for me as a gift.

From the initial spray, I held my fake smile in place while in my head saying, "please let that smell go away as it dries down".

It doesn't go away. This smells like most other aquatics, but with a rotten undertone that I can't ignore. Use a hand towel to mop up sweat at the gym, come home and spray it with Cool Water.

Someone in a prior review made the comparison of "briny water". I would say "stagnant water, with bio-matter slowly decomposing" would be a better description for me.

23rd March, 2015
Bulgari Aqva -

My go to summer fragrance.

I wore this baby as a signature scent for many years, wore it all seasons. It's a compliment generator, albeit one that is confused for other fragrances. So it is a very pleasant and cooling fragrance yet one that is apparently common.

Bulgari Aqva smells of melon and salt and a little lime in the opening. It very quickly turns to a bitter, almost pungent yet fresh scent. There is a miniscule whiff of green woodiness there as well. It's true that Aqva also emits an interesting petroleum note, although it doesn't detract from the positive effect. The scent as a whole DOES create mental images of the ocean, the ocean during a thunderstorm, dark skies and all. And it is also true that it is not very lasting on the skin. On clothes the persistence is much much better.

A great advantage of this fragrance is the bottle, which allowed me to carry it at all times and was able to spray throughout the day. So the persistence wasn't a problem at all.

Again, Bulgari Aqva is a compliment generating machine. This is the one scent that gets me multiple compliments when walking into a room, one after another, machine gun style! That being said, the fragrance doesn't inspire me, never has. It lacks strength, assertiveness, etc in the middle. I wore it ONLY for the compliments and the wonderful facial expressions by women when they smelled Bulgari Aqva. But on a hot and muggy day or evening its very pleasant and refreshing, hence I reach for it still during the summer.
26th February, 2015
A mandarin opening, mixed with petit grain, leads to a lavender-based drydown, when a aquatic sea-salt seaweed note is added, giving its name to this fragrance. Woody and sage impressions are emerging in the base. It is refreshing is a generic, unexciting manner, with soft sillage, adequate projection and three hours of longevity. Mediocre. 2.25/5.
13th January, 2015
It was aquatics that first got me interested in frags. I liked Cool Water, thought ADG and Issey were heaven, and then graduated onto more interesting frags outside of this genre. After a while, I decided I didn't like aquatics at all, too simple, too little sillage, and too popular. My wife, however, vastly prefers aquatics to others, and bugged me to return to them. Bowing to these wishes, I set out to find something we both could love. I believe I found it in Bulgari Aqua. It's an aquatic all right, but in the purer sense of the word--it's the salt, and green, and earth of the ocean rather than the chlorinated blue of a swimming pool.

After an initial blast of orange, but in the form of Cointreau rather than Florida orange juice, the signature seaweed note emerges, first flying above lavender and cotton, then drifting amid an amber/patchouli/cedar accord. The Cointreau and cotton are nice unusual touches, but without the seaweed, this would be very pedestrian, and not very aquatic. The seaweed note, however, changes everything, casting it's salty green tentacles through traditional accords and breathing new life and refreshment into them. It's daring, creative, and effective. Oh, and they somehow manage to work a tea scent into this during the latter half of the floral section through some sort of pact with the devil, I suspect.

It's a true aquatic, changing the meaning of the term for me. Like Bulgari Black, with its remarkable rubber note, it's also a masterpiece with its signature seaweed scent, which lasts even into the dry down. Happily, it also lasts and, for an aquatic, really projects. Simply the best aquatic made in my opinion.
11th January, 2015
Couldn't wait to add this to my wardrobe...seems most reviews were rants about how wonderfully the sea would be delivered to me in a mist from a bottle...and I needed an aquatic although not a big fan. What I was looking for was a clean crisp oceanic fragrance...and this ain't it! Opens with a salty, marine feeling that immediately becomes....floral? Wait..floral with pepper..maybe some melon in there for added confusion. Not what I was seeking i.e. too complex and too synthetic. I'll pass. Another reason to dislike aquatics.
27th December, 2014

Add your review of Aqua pour Homme

Shop for Aqua pour Homme products online

Shop for Aqua pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua pour Homme

Member images of Aqua pour Homme

There are no member images of Aqua pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?