Bois de Filao (2003)

Bois de Filao information

Year of Launch2003

HouseComptoir Sud Pacifique

About Bois de Filao

Bois de Filao is a shared / unisex perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. The scent was launched in 2003

Bois de Filao fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois de Filao

Bois de Filao is certainly not a fragrance where it is easy to pick out individual notes. It feels dense, muddled and of the calibre of perfume that one would normally detect as a by-product of some cosmetic product.

Not that it would be difficult, but the drydown is a significant improvement. It's a straight up and down wood and musk finish, but it is a blessed relief from the early untidiness. Bois de Filao was not one of CSPs better days in the lab.
29th January, 2013
Starts out as a weak, green wood scent with a warm spicy edge, very gingery, with a somewhat otherwordly transparency. Soon both the green notes and the spice start to dissipate, leaving just a sweet exotic wood scent, slightly smoky, which is refreshingly minimalist but unfortunately stays weak. There's a definite spice component remaining, but it doesn't stand out as one obviously identifiable spice. I don't think there's any vanilla, thankfully, though there's a bit of that medicinal edge of an oud, or of certain sandalwoods. This stuff is really nice, and it would be a thumbs-up if it were stronger. By the end, though, it decays further toward just being a trace of dustiness. Too bad. And I agree with the last review that it is unisex but leaning masculine.

EDIT: The above is for an older vial that I once had. The newer vial that I got subsequently had a very different smell, much more floral and feminine.
26th July, 2012 (last edited: 11th April, 2014)
Ohh this is unisex, but leaning towards masculine. Starts with fresh woody + bergamot before it moves to pink pepper after about an hour or so. And after 3-4 hours it dries down to a light amber with a hint of musky patchouli (must be the filao wood). It last long, about 7-8 hours with a pretty good silage. You don't need to re-apply in the afternoon, and that's great. Overall it's really a good scent. I bought it blind online and I'm glad I did.
25th October, 2010
Being a noob, I can't determine to the letter yet which of the notes I'm smelling right now (I'm wearing Bois de Filao today), but when I tested it I must have taken some time for it to settle and get a good sniff out of it since the initial spray is like *arrgh ackkk* so strong, I think the top notes come on too loud. I wanted a woody scent to include in my wardrobe and ended up with this (Sud Pacifique's frags will cease to exist in Manila as the store carrying it here will discontinue carrying, so I took advantage). Add to that, after I bought it I must have re-applied and it gave me my first fragrance headache EVER.

It's been 3, 4 hours since the initial spray and I think it has settled quite ok, ditto on the "scrubber" quality, it just stays there really, no need to re-apply after a cig or two. Note to those who might be interested, one chest and one back spray is ALL you need. It seems I do one small movement and I get to smell it, like reminding me "hello, I'm your frag today". It may be the combo of filao wood, amber and white musk I'm smelling now, it IS a rather sweet wood, not as dark and grainy as I would've liked (errr...which I shouldn't expect from a vanilla house like Comptoir)

I'm giving it a neutral as of now, as I'm a sucker for longevity. Another headache caused by this and hello, thumbs down.

Top: lemon, bergamot, papyrus
Mid: baie rose, violet leaf
Base: patchouli, filao wood, amber, white musk
13th July, 2009
Kaern Show all reviews
Filao must be a rather fragrant sweet wood -- don't expect a 'Sequoia' here. It actually reminds me a bit of 'Chene' by SL. It almost drifts to the feminine side, but not quite. It's really very nice to wear and lasts a good time on me. Not for strictly wood lovers though, I would think.

Kaern
16th June, 2008
Bois de Filao is pleasant light wood scent that thankfully does not seem to have the usually sweet vanilla CSP base. However, maybe that is the reason why it had very little sillage on my skin and disappeared after approximately 30 minutes. Shame because it seemed so promising at the beginning.
12th May, 2008

Bois De Filao Perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique 3.3 / 3.4 oz / 100 ml EDT NIB

End Date: Wednesday Mar-27-2019 0:29:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.02
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BOIS DE FILAO COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE-WOMEN-EDT-SPRAY-1.6 OZ-50 ML-AUTHENT-FRANCE

End Date: Wednesday Mar-27-2019 8:31:12 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $21.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bois De Filao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Eau De Toilette Spray (Unisex) 3.4 oz Fo

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 2:16:29 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.56
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bois De Filao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Eau De Toilette Spray (Unisex) 3.4 oz fo

End Date: Friday Mar-29-2019 6:52:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $52.89

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Bois De Filao 3.3oz_100ml Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

End Date: Saturday Mar-30-2019 6:16:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $89.80
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bois De Filao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for Women 3.3 oz EDT Spray -Glass Bottle

End Date: Sunday Mar-31-2019 14:00:32 PDT

Buy It Now for only: $94.41

End Date: Sunday Mar-31-2019 16:43:37 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $94.41

Member images of Bois de Filao

There are no member images of Bois de Filao yet. Why not be the first?