Le Baiser du Dragon (2003)
by Cartier

Le Baiser du Dragon information

Year of Launch2003
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCartier
PerfumerAlberto Morillas

About Le Baiser du Dragon

Le Baiser du Dragon is a feminine perfume by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Le Baiser du Dragon fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Baiser du Dragon

The EDT.
Opening is rather heady, boozy. My first feeling was Hot Buttered Rum. As the bite of that fades, an almond butter, lightly mixed with sugared and Ambered Benzoin adds rich base.
A Vetiver Patch Tea counters the sugars with its tannin.
All the while the Neroli provides a very pleasant slightly Citric acid to draw my sensors to an Antique Dried Rose. Cedar seems a backdrop until the end and forms a pleasant, vaguely woody dry down with Amaretto finish. Thankfully done with the absence of Tonka. Perhaps this was designed for the girls, however it scents beautifully to my masculine skin. Careful with the dosing though as Galaxolide or whatever musk is used can induce a cough.
I expect that the EDP, may just be a teensy bit rich for me too wear, however this EDT is quietly blended as a unisex and carries a vaguely Aristocratic Accord. Interesting name, however, its connection to the scent seems far cerebral and counter to most common visioning.
07th March, 2018 (last edited: 14th March, 2018)
Since the notes listed are so intriguing to me, I got myself a sample of EDP to give a try. However, there's no spray. I had to dab. Thus, it may affect certain aspects.

The opening is indeed a dragon's kiss, fierce and burning. I get a lot of Amaretto and almond. Plus the volatile components, I instantly become a sort of drunk. The gardenia and the neroli are barely detectable unless in a small whiff.

While the scent starts to dry down, the vetiver takes the leading role. And the fragrance smells woody and very very dry, like what's left after drinking a strong liqueur. At this stage, it's very masculine.

Then it continues to evolve. After about 2 hours, chocolate and caramel lead the scent to a more feminine direction. It becomes creamy. I can imagine the dragon finally calms down. The sweet notes are not overpowering, but soften the whole scent. At this point, it's more like a skin scent. However, I can still get a whiff of the yummy scent frome time to time. The longevity is at least 8h+ and the sillage is huge at the beginning but becomes very close once dries down.

It's a sophiscated fragrance with complete different stages. It can be fierce or tender. A marvellous statement accessory for an autumn or winter night.

Originally written in 2013.
28th December, 2017 (last edited: 27th December, 2017)
A very unique fragrance. Dragon...Oriental and green. The Vetiver and the Iris make this green, the amaretto and benzoin make it spicy. This is semi-formal, well balanced, and unique. A tiny bit sweet, but not gourmand. Great fragrance!
15th September, 2017
Another beloved Monster Oriental. I waited for some time, to add this to my collection. I am glad I did not wait too long. Of course, it is discontinued -- because I love it.

It rules over me, this black dragon. Nearly my Holy Grail of perfumes. Damn close.

I can identify nearly everything, at one sniff or another: amaretto, bitter almond, vetiver, patchouli, benzoin, amber, dark chocolate, iris, musk, gardenia, neroli, rose, and jasmine. It lasts until I wash it off. By the end of its life on my skin, it tames down to a puff of floral smoke.

It is demanding of attention. It screams to be heard. It is the heart of darkness and the soul of a dream.
11th June, 2017
I had such high hopes for the almond and amaretto. . . . but my skin says soap. I assume it's grabbing hold of the iris and emphasizing it, but it could also be the typical lily of the valley I get from most atmospheric notes. At times it's interestingly nutty, but always soapy on me.
12th January, 2017
Salutation.
Who do you turn to make you feel Glorious?CARTIER,especially this one.Le Baiser Du Dragon is definitely a great grown feminine Scent.an absolutely warm,rich,enveloping cloud of classy and heady without being cloying.this is a true aristocratic scent that will make a statement and will make you feel sex.it has a exotic oriental woody scent with hints of other ingredients that give it an air of mystery.perfect to everybody who has a sense of adventure self confident Lady.Classic,Strong,Hot, Rich,Gorgeous,Passionate and Absolutely Stunning.

All the notes here are blended fantastically well,so that essentially what you get at first spray is surprisingly evocative,with the dry down being just a bit deeper and richer.the amaretto&almond really makes it intoxicating and irresistible while adding a hint of exoticism to it.then rose and jasmine gives way for a base rife with patchouli,benzoin,amber,this scents makes an unattractive lady look attractive and a attractive look like a goddess.such an olfactory magic.It's like nothing else.perfect to wear with a beautiful little black dress and feel sexy in a very femme fatale way in autumn/winter evenings.

Sillage?Very Good.

Longevity?It lasts and lasts.

01st July, 2015 (last edited: 12th January, 2016)

Add your review of Le Baiser du Dragon

Shop for Le Baiser du Dragon products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Le Baiser du Dragon