Le Baiser du Dragon (2003)
    by Cartier

Average Rating: 4

Based on 253 ratings

Le Baiser du Dragon Fragrance Notes

Le Baiser du Dragon information

Le Baiser du Dragon is a women's fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2003

Shop for Le Baiser du Dragon products online

Reviews of Le Baiser du Dragon

Showing 1 to 6 of 47 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

The opening of Le Baiser du Dragon is bold, peculiar and intriguing: soft, creamy, nutty, slightly "liquid" in an almost "lacustrine" sense, with a strong sweet-almond note quite rooty and boozy (the "Amaretto di Saronno" feel), a load of cumin, something almost close to opium, velvety and woody, like opium or cannabis (or simply something irresistibly mellow halfway aniseed, cardamom and sandalwood). All deep, dense and almost a bit loud. Woody base comprising earthy notes of patchouli and vetiver, which will eventually be more "up" later on. Shortly, a narcotic Oriental woody-spicy scent with a dusty powdery feel and a sweet hint of talc and flowers. After less than hour a comparison came to my mind, with all respect to differences, this kind of reminded me of at least some accords of Boucheron's Jaipur Homme - notably the talc, the almond, the spices, the powdery stuff, the general sense of mystical whiteness and cleanliness, the white-muskiness. Beautiful and iconic for sure, but frankly a bit cloying after a while. It gets better once the (cloying, to me) spicy-almondy-sweetish notes get softer and lighter, and Baiser turns towards a drier vetiver-patchouli scent softened by soapy and talcum notes of flowers. Nonetheless, a good one for sure.

7,5/10

07 October, 2014

rogalal's avatar

Unfortunately, I just haven't enjoyed Le Baiser du Dragon. On me, it swings back and forth between a bergamot-heavy fusty mossy patchouli and a thin sandalwood. Meanwhile, there's a metallic lavender that buzzes around on top making everything feel kind of chemical.

That buzzing chemical lavender does something weird to the whole perfume. It sort of knocks out my nose, leaving a weird sense of absence. I've smelled this done to clever effect (Aventus springs to mind), but here it mostly makes Baiser feel incomplete and unsatisfying. It's like everything else is weak and what's trying to be diaphanous just feels watered down. And all this trouble for a scent that doesn't smell particularly amazing anyway. Meh.

12 January, 2014

tempest moon's avatar

Quite an interesting one! Quite sweet and boozy to me. I think it settles down into a strong patchouli, ambery, sweet kind of smell. At the same time it's not sweet enough to be "girly" but it still has a feminine edge to me. That being said. A man could certainly pull this off. Fragrances with liqueur notes such as amaretto are used in many perfumes regardless of gender.

Who would wear this? Again, this is a "power woman" scent. Someone who is in an position of responsibility and/or authority. It goes with a suit and definitely for boardroom meetings. The dry down to me can come across as masculine but it still stays sweet so I think this fragrance defies gender altogether really. One thing is for sure, this may not be a "jeans and t-shirt" kind of scent. Definitely for someone who is dressed up. This is a fragrance which you have to learn how to wear (with class and style), so wear it with respect... before it wears you. Elegant!

21st November, 2013

magali's avatar

Ireland Ireland

Quite interesting and certainly unusual, almost medicinal. I like the bottle design a lot too. I don't know much about Cartier fragrances but it would certainly prompt me to try a few more.

24 August, 2012

nezdelacoreé's avatar

South Korea South Korea

This was given to me by a friend who had received it as a gift from a student's mother, and who hated it on the grounds that it "smelled like a funeral home." I would probably not give this fragrance as a gift, but I do wear it. I agree with previous comments about its coherence: somehow, all the notes don't seem to be working together--the florals in the heart are marching to a different drummer than the rest of the notes. But it's not offensive to me in any way: just a nice, warm fragrance to wear lightly on cold winter days.

23 November, 2011

Sadie's avatar

Am I the only one who smells a burst of sulfur when this scent is first applied? I've never experienced this before - perhaps my mind is playing tricks with my olfactory nerves and it's the actual sulfurous burning breath of a dragon that overwhelms me.

It's as if I'm at the entrance of the dragon's lair and the first scent I smell is it's sulfurous breath. Will the other notes begin to appear as I get closer to the beast itself? After all, according to the name, I must get near enough for 'le baiser' . . . Will I be taken in by the golden eyes with their vertical slits gleaming emerald? Light glinting off the edges of his scales, hear the sharp click of claws upon the stone floor . . .

Indeed the sulfur is abating, or perhaps I've become accustomed to it by now so that I no longer feel it's sharpness in my nose as I venture closer into the lair . . . I know his treasures contain gilded bottles of rare oils and perfumes . . . yes, I am starting to sense their flowery vapors wafting forth on the hot wind of his breath

I wonder if he has had lunch yet?

01st October, 2011

• Time Left: 19 days
    Cartier LE BAISER DU DRAGON EDP PARFUM Mini Perfume Splash .25 Oz 7.5 ML Sealed
    • Time Left: 21 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon Eau de Parfum Natural Spray 3.3 fl oz Tester Perfume
    • Listing Type: Auction