L'Ether (2003)

Myrrh, Benzoin, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Saffron, Maple wood

L'Ether information

Discontinued in 2006, but reintroduced at Hotel Costes in late 2008

Reviews of L'Ether

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

flathorn's avatar

L'Ether strikes me as Olivia Giacometti's answer to Isabelle Doyon's Let Me Play The Lion for Les Nez. They have a distinct commonality. I love the whimsical wafting quality of LMPTL - I like the same quality in this one also.
    But there are differences. I've always loved the opening of LMPTL - the rough earthy, incensy air is wonderful. It settles down less earthy, more incensy, as it ages. L'Ether is a smoother woodier resin, a close to the body, wearable fragrance, with a natural wooded haze floating lightly on the air. But unfortunately, as it ages, it becomes an ordinary, unsurprising musk. Not offensive, but ultimately forgettable.

19 January, 2013 (Last Edited: 01st December, 2013)

Adrien02's avatar

A light, sweet version of Let Me Play the Lion by Les Nez. Dominant notes: woods. One can't help but have pencil shavings come to mind with a dash of myrrh.

27 November, 2011

firehorse's avatar

L'Ether by Olivia Giacobetti is a wonderful fragrance. It smells very, very similar to another Giacobetti fragrance: Passage d'enfer. Which is kind of weird because the notes are different.

I'm wearing them both right now to compare, but I'd give 5 stars to L'Ether and 4 stars to Passage d'Enfer. L'Ether wears close to the skin, it starts out with a burst of sandlewood but very quickly the myrrh steps in with the rosewood. It's a light woody scent, that some people might think is too light for them, but for me its a perfect for everyday and I wish I could get a big bottle of this.

L'Ether is almost impossible to get as there are no stores in the states selling it, but I got a sample from TPC and fell in love, and then I got lucky and found a 20 ml on e-bay. Because I could blow through the 20 ml in a month, I ended up buying Passage d'Enfer to wear as a 2nd choice substitute but I'm not as happy with the musk part of it.

22 March, 2011