L'Ether (2003)

About L'Ether

Discontinued in 2006, but reintroduced at Hotel Costes in late 2008

L'Ether fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Ether

L'Ether strikes me as Olivia Giacometti's answer to Isabelle Doyon's Let Me Play The Lion for Les Nez. They each have a whimsical wafting quality, a scent in the air feeling.
But there are differences. I've always loved the opening of LMPTL - the rough earthy, incensy air is wonderful. L'Ether is a smoother woodier resin, a close to the body, wearable fragrance, with a natural wooded haze floating lightly on the air. The sandalwood is a welcome addition as it adds subtle sereness. As it ages, it becomes something less authentic, when what smells like musk comes in and overpowers the sandalwood. Subtle, sheer - with such transparent notes, they all need to be full, round and authentic. I may retry this one again and see how it strikes me later. It seems worth a second chance.
19th January, 2013 (last edited: 28th April, 2015)
A light, sweet version of Let Me Play the Lion by Les Nez. Dominant notes: woods. One can't help but have pencil shavings come to mind with a dash of myrrh.
27th November, 2011
L'Ether by Olivia Giacobetti is a wonderful fragrance. It smells very, very similar to another Giacobetti fragrance: Passage d'enfer. Which is kind of weird because the notes are different.

I'm wearing them both right now to compare, but I'd give 5 stars to L'Ether and 4 stars to Passage d'Enfer. L'Ether wears close to the skin, it starts out with a burst of sandlewood but very quickly the myrrh steps in with the rosewood. It's a light woody scent, that some people might think is too light for them, but for me its a perfect for everyday and I wish I could get a big bottle of this.

L'Ether is almost impossible to get as there are no stores in the states selling it, but I got a sample from TPC and fell in love, and then I got lucky and found a 20 ml on e-bay. Because I could blow through the 20 ml in a month, I ended up buying Passage d'Enfer to wear as a 2nd choice substitute but I'm not as happy with the musk part of it.
22nd March, 2011

Add your review of L'Ether

Shop for L'Ether products online

Search Amazon for L'Ether

Member images of L'Ether

There are no member images of L'Ether yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to L'Ether