Crypt (2002)

Year of Launch2002

HouseThe Goth Rosary
PerfumerAnti Sally

About Crypt

Crypt is a shared / unisex perfume by The Goth Rosary. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anti Sally

Reviews of Crypt

Genre: Floral

The provocative name attaches to a one-trick synthetic immortelle that smells just like artificially flavored "maple" syrup. Crypt is creepy only if you have a phobia of breakfast condiments. It eventually dries down to a conventional sweet amber base, but with an off-putting sour note behind it. Returns to the tomb within a half-an-hour, not to be heard from again.

Not something I'm going to exhume.
11th June, 2014
There is a plus to this stuff but oh so many negatives. This is really vile stuff it literally stinks of dirty old washing machine water, fusty not in a good way. I can not smell the moss or marble as described it just smells rancid. I tried for hours to wash away the smell but it just would not go and it was so strong I felt dirty wearing this my family would not come near me saying I smell like I have been rolling in bin water. Now the lady who makes these is a lovely person...maybe I just got a dud I don't know but man....it's so bad...like the worst fragrance I have ever smelled or owned and I own and have smelled quite a lot. Now I will give the plus and negatives.

+ This fragrance has great Silage.
+ This Fragrance has the best longevity ever.

- This Fragrance has great Silage....unlucky people.
- This Fragrance has the best Longevity ever....please just wash off me..go anything!
- It reeks like old bin water that is just left out in the sun
- The Worst smell ever.
- Does not smell like described or a crypt...unless the crypt is by a dump.
27th March, 2014
baubo Show all reviews
This review is based on the solid perfume.
Dust-dry, a touch of cedar, maybe cypress. There is nothing damp or musty about this; a mainstream company could have easily called it 'Granite' or some such. Suprisingly good sillage and longevity developing to a touch of sweetness. Suitable for m/f, suitable for office wear.
01st January, 2009
Well, green_man said it all. A subtle mossy green note combined with a stone mineral note nicely balanced. The combination is unique and I find the accord quite natural. It smells like mountain climbing in the sun — the lichens and the rocks giving off their wonderfully discreet odors. Come to think of it, it’s actually even more abstract than that, it’s almost as if I’m not wearing a fragrance, but simply mirroring the smells of that natural world I so much enjoy — it smells so fresh and natural. I get very little sweetness - sometimes having dry skin is an advantage. Crypt is satisfyingly pleasurable, and it would be an excellent office scent. A major downside is that it is very short lived... but then again, considering its name, is that really a surprise?
15th October, 2007
According to Goth Rosary Crypt is "Surrounded, haunting... the smell of moss clinging to a marble Mausoleum..." I just received my 2oz bottle today, and concur with that description. I can't describe the scent, but it changes and is very dynamic. It is a wonderful mix of faint, pleasant smelling moss and a cold stone smell. It does offer mental images of an ancient crypt. The smell is intriguing, and I truly enjoy it. I am no goth, by any means, and I believe that anyone could wear this fragrance. It seems a bit masculine to me, but it is no way overpowering or heavy. If anything, on my dry skin, the fragrance isn't quite strong enough. I really enjoy the way the fragrance will almost slip away from you for a bit, and then you get another hit of it before you forget that you're wearing it. After I use this bottle, I will definitely be ordering more from AntiSally (the owner of Goth Rosary). What a wonderful change of pace... Highly recommend this one!
10th January, 2006

Add your review of Crypt

Shop for Crypt products online

Search Amazon for Crypt

Member images of Crypt

There are no member images of Crypt yet. Why not be the first?