Amor Amor (2003)

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Amor Amor

Showing 1 to 6 of 45 reviews.

Infini's avatar

Wales Wales

I'm not a fan of Cacherel perfumes anyway, but Amour Amour is the worst I've tried so far: on my skin it smells exactly like cherryade I remember from my childhood (not an altogether unpleasant smell, but I'd prefer not to smell like a sweet and very artificial fizzy drink!). Certainly not an expensive smelling perfume. All the more ironic when it shares its name (albeit with a slightly different spelling) with the distinguished Jean Patou perfume.

23 August, 2014

Bal a Versailles's avatar

We of the never never, are Cacharel followers, I have friends who love and wear Anais Anais, my husband has been through several bottles of Amor Amor pour homme/ Tentation and I enjoy Noa for its gentle appeal when others seem 'too much' A personage no less than Christopher Sheldrake commented favourably on Amor Amor in a Basenotes piece with Grant Osbourne. Well that got my heart beating. CS could recommend arsenic and I'd be Madame Bovary. Amor Amor Absolu was my choice in favour of the original 'classic' (which by the way is Bois de Jasmin's favourite fruity floral) because I'm old, jaded and cynical, but I love pineapple with the enthusiasm of a child. When my husband wears 'Quasar' it appears like a cartoon thought balloon, above the head or to the side, entirely independent of the rest of the composition. Genius. People, you have two choices (disregard the flankers) Classic or Absolue. My choice was with Absolue because I am older but when Victoria Frolova and Chris Sheldrake are on the same page with the Classic, if I was young, I'd be buying it, Lady Cacharel has a nice ring to it.

25 May, 2014

babsbendix's avatar

People often speak of wearing different styles of fragrances in different seasons, yet my chemistry isn't that flexible - if it works on me it's probably powdery, dense, and sweet with an old-fashioned feeling and a lot of action in the base notes. So Amor Amor fits a special niche in my perfume wardrobe in being the closest thing I have to a young, modern fruity scent. My least favorite aspect is actually the grapefruit-y opening - too sharp and tart for me - yet all of that burns off quickly, and I'm left with a warm, gourmand-y sandalwood veil that's at once mainstream familiar, and better than that.

I can't stand Angel or Viva La Juicy, because the counterpoint between the persistent tart fruit and the thick, caramel-y notes feels tense and unresolved to me, more clash than counterpoint. Maybe this is the precise thing others like - it's sure been imitated enough! Amor Amor has a similar tart/sweet counterpoint, yet it's a scent that lets in some air, more an Impressionistic rendering of a popular genre than the thing itself.

24 April, 2014

rbaker's avatar

A warm round grapefruit-orange creamy opens this top note , with jamine and an delightful white musk mixing with a pleasant lily-of-the-valley accord in the dry down. The base arrives gradually, dominated by wood, tonka and a hint of a synthetic ambergris note. Overall this is a bit unexciting, but quite smoothly blended with a bit of roundness and quite attractive. Good projection and silage with an excellent longevity of nine hours - the latter just is pushing it across the line into a positive score - by the skin of its teeth though.

06 March, 2014

timothybcat's avatar

After purchasing this, and spraying it on before getting into the car, my brother and I both agreed on one thing: Creamsicle. It's loudly sweet, or sweetly loud, in the same shrill and obnoxious way as Gucci's Rush, and just as linear but minus the skankiness. I have to be having one of those days where I feel like behaving like a sulky adolescent and don't care that I'm not being at all elegant or sophisticated.

04 November, 2012

sofababe's avatar

I had mixed feelings about trying this one due to the somewhat mixed reviews but I'm glad I did.
    On me this is a sexy sweet scent, the sweetness coming from the fruits, mainly the citruses, rather than the vanilla.
    The middle and base is sensational, sexy, musky vanilla. Real vanilla rather than a sweet candy-like vanilla.
    So far its lasted 5 hours and I'm still loving it.
    Amor Amor is a perfect scent for cooler weather, early spring or late autumn.
    This is much better than I had expected.

One negative- the stupid bottle design. The sprayer is really hard to get your finger on properly with that silly spring thing and the loop at the top. You have to turn it around to get your finger on right. Apart from that, Amor Amor is great stuff.

19 March, 2012