Gucci Eau de Parfum II (2003)
by Gucci

Gucci Eau de Parfum II information

Year of Launch2003

PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Wella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Launched two years after Gucci Eau de Parfum, this fragrance is housed in a similar bottle but with a pink liquid, and is aimed at a younger consumer than its elder sister.

Gucci Eau de Parfum II fragrance notes

Reviews of Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Gucci II opens with a fruity-floral accord comprising synthetic notes of peach, rose, white flowers, aldehydes, a base of light mossy wood and a subtle powdery creaminess of sandalwood and, probably, ylang or jasmine. In short, a clean, fresh, soapy floral-fruity scent with just a hint of more "adult" refinement (aldehydes, mossy notes). All is artificial, static and mutely "perfect" like a shop window. Thus, nothing interesting, creative, challenging or particularly evocative whatsoever, but still versatile and fairly pleasant to wear, with no particularly evident defects. A kind of "office-scent" elegance, if you want. Or, the same kind of politically-correct, trendy and uncreative glossy elegance of a fashion magazine. Still, it's decently made, therefore I get it may be pleasant enough for customers which require only a discreet, generically refined and good-smelling perfume, standing to a proper "good" perfume like a hostess' uniform compares to a prêt-à-porter tailleur.

13th October, 2014
Gucci Eau de Parfum II is a delightfully brisk, fruity, green floral that miraculously avoids the crass hard candy sweetness that plagues so many of its type, trading brisk, grassy herbaceous notes and judiciously applied aldehydes for the usual pink Kool-Aid accord. It’s at once heartening to see what beauty can be derived from this tired genre, and revelatory of the cynicism that breeds the accustomed bubble-headed fruity floral celebrity scent.

The top notes limn the expected sweet-tart berry accord, soon joined by a floral bouquet in which violet and jasmine play dominant roles. The green notes that rescue Gucci EdP II from banality swoop in not long after, and once the three components – fruit, florals, and green – assemble, the scent plays out in a consistent, linear manner for several hours before settling into an unusually reserved clean musk and wood drydown. Altogether an unexpected pleasure.
15th June, 2014
My sister wore this, I liked it on her,so she bought it for me.On her, it seemed to smell predominantly of raspberry, possibly rose, on me, it seems to smell quite subtly different, and I agree with previous more...eleganty-put reviews which mention the fresher,slightly more leafy scent that fades to one of soft fruit and roses.Which I wouldn't normally wear if you paid me, works,it stops just short of being too talcum-powdery or sweet,I get a faint hint of violets or blackcurrant and I really like it,even after a few hours,I think it's quite long-lasting, without being invasive.A friend of mine said it reminded her vaguely of rose -scented incense,possibly with sandalwood, I can understand that....In a strange's ..possibly not something I would have dreamed of wearing myself,I don't see myself as "this type of person" but it IS a lovely scent, if I'm actually, having a Fluffy day,I will wear it..
28th October, 2012
lex Show all reviews
black currant makes a dominate presence in gucci 2 then dies.violet and berries play a major part now.this one is ok but its not much of a floral so for da ladies that wanna get sumethin different, 2 is nice ,the berry blend is kinda off putting 2 me and this one isnt exciting.
26th January, 2012
This seems to be a very popular fragrance, and while I understand its appeal, I guess I expected something more.

Gucci eau de Parfum II appears to be the perfect Summer choice for the young and extremely feminine. This is your typical pink fruity floral, inoffensive and pleasant.

The opening of Gucci eau de Parfum II is actually quite strong, with the berries and citrus coming to the fore early in the composition. The florals, although present, hardly feature in this fragrance. The fruit certainly dominates.

The heart softens a little into a shampoo-like concoction that is both clean and delicate. Once again it is that 'straight out of the shower' type smell that is replicated here.

The drydown is by far my favourite part, with a musky and subtle berry scent creating a direct comparison to berry flavoured yoghurt. I thoroughly enjoyed this sudden creaminess and I found it to round off the scent nicely.

Although fruity fragrances aren't really my thing, I rather like its 'cuteness', I have to say that this is quite delicious. I'll also add that I found no problem with the lasting power, it lasts considerably well on me.

26th June, 2011
Loved this at first but it disappeared on me in hours. Had to return it sadly as I am not a person to put up with respraying. If it works on your skin and lasts this is a winner.
14th June, 2011

Add your review of Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Shop for Gucci Eau de Parfum II products online

Shop for Gucci Eau de Parfum II at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Member images of Gucci Eau de Parfum II

There are no member images of Gucci Eau de Parfum II yet. Why not be the first?