Aqua Allegoria Lemon-Fresca (2003)
    by Guerlain

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 22 ratings

Aqua Allegoria Lemon-Fresca information

Aqua Allegoria Lemon-Fresca is a unisex fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Lemon-Fresca

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 5 Negative Reviews

mikeperez23's avatar

I am a citrus lover and I am a fan of Guerlain so I came to this scent with high expectations. Perhaps too high.

The lemon note is a bit muted and not quite as juicy as the box/packaging picture might imply. Sort of a muted, non-pareil lemon-after-dinner-mint kind of lemon. After this dries down, the sweetness is amplified by a fruit note (pear?) that tends to animate the citrus and (at least to me) smell like something young girls spray on at Sephora with abandon.

It doesn't really transition much from there, since AALF is a very linear scent. It is not entirely surprising as many of the AA are structured this way, but it is no excuse for a Guerlain release that smells wholly unoriginal, uncreative and a bit cheap.

Disappointed.

06 July, 2010

Kittycat63's avatar

I'm amazed that this scent has received such negative reviews on here. It's a gorgeous, sweetly lemony scent which is fresh and clean smelling. It does NOT smell like furniture polish or citronella candles to me! It isn't an eye-wateringly citrusy scent and instead reminds me very much of lemon sherbet. It has been mentioned here that it has a woody dry-down, which I totally disagree with. On me it remains fresh and sweet smelling all the way through and I don't detect any hint of woodiness in it. Also, some reviewers have mentioned that it doesn't last long. Again, I disagree because on me I can use one spray of it and still smell it on myself by the end of the day so it's actually very long-lasting for an eau-de-toilette!! Of course, everyone's different and on some people it may be that it doesn't last as long but on me it definitely lasts. In my view this is one of the nicest scents in the Aqua-Allegoria range. It smells lovely, comes in a very pretty bottle and is reasonably priced so I give it a very big thumbs up!

13 February, 2009

lilome's avatar

Greece Greece

I bought it because I liked the initial lemon scent. It smelled very fresh and light and I thought it would be good as a "non-fragrance" summer fragrance. To my disappointment, there is nothing left to smell even a few minutes later. And I mean nothing! A waste of money, in my opinion.

10th December, 2007

margi's avatar

England England

This is the worst Guerlain I have experienced. Smells like lemon furniture polish for an instant, and then ALL smell disappears. I have drenched myself with this only to find that 10 minutes later there is no evidence of anything. Why this is still available, and yet Gentiana is discontinued is a mystery to me!!

13 April, 2007

shifts's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Starts suprisingly fresh, the lemon has a very very slight bitter touch which attracted me to it. But after those nice topnotes something happens. Something sweet happens and it is overly sweet for me! There is something in it which hurts my nose and everything just goes all blurry. Can't focus on any notes at all with it being so hazy.

03 February, 2007

Tovah's avatar

Aqua Allegoria Lemon Fresca is a bright, refreshing scent that has summery topnotes of lemon and lemon blossom. As it develops, bergamot and woods join the lemon scents to make this a perfect fragrance for a lazy summer day. It's definitely not a run-of-the-mill citrus fragrance. Like all Aqua Allegorias, it is a fun fragrance with a lot more depth than is immediately realized. Lemona Fresca is fresh lemon with a mood of heavy trees, shadows, and a hot breeze.

25 May, 2006

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    AQUA ALLEGORIA LEMON FRESCA BY GUERLAIN FOR WOMEN 4.2 OZ.EDT SPRAY (SKU: 4199)
    • Listing Type: eBay Store